Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pete Thompson

Re: Waterworks or Reelmaster?
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2018, 06:16:36 pm »
I’m seriously thinking about getting one, in my opinion anything that reduces fatigue during the day is worth it.

I’ll need the double one, and I like the look of the reel master pure freedom one.  £1,075, it’s a fair whack but if it saves energy (and therefore time) it will pay for itself.

Just a couple of things I’m not too sure about though. Firstly, I’m never going to work with the van doors open, so it will mean cutting 2 holes in my new vans floor. I hate the thought of that! But I know there’s not really any other option.

Secondly, I currently leave my reel outside the van and just “point” it in the direction I’m working. With a power reel will I have to always park the van with the back facing the work? That’s not always possible. What do you guys do?

dazmond

« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2018, 06:23:23 pm »
i phoned pure freedom up today to make sure they fit an 8mm barb on the inside of the reel so its a good tight fit for my 6mm hose.i also asked them to fit the hose too before delivery... ;)

theres at least a weeks waiting time for delivery,.maybe longer as their selling a lot of them at the moment and their waiting for some components/parts to be delivered.
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2018, 06:27:45 pm »
I’m seriously thinking about getting one, in my opinion anything that reduces fatigue during the day is worth it.

I’ll need the double one, and I like the look of the reel master pure freedom one.  £1,075, it’s a fair whack but if it saves energy (and therefore time) it will pay for itself.

Just a couple of things I’m not too sure about though. Firstly, I’m never going to work with the van doors open, so it will mean cutting 2 holes in my new vans floor. I hate the thought of that! But I know there’s not really any other option.

Secondly, I currently leave my reel outside the van and just “point” it in the direction I’m working. With a power reel will I have to always park the van with the back facing the work? That’s not always possible. What do you guys do?

just leave a van door open.thats what i do...and i have my reel fixed to black plastic covered chipboard so no drilling holes in my vans floor......

i usually park the back of the van facing my work but like you say its not always possible so just drag the hose around the side of the van no problem....

Shrek

« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2018, 06:33:16 pm »
i phoned pure freedom up today to make sure they fit an 8mm barb on the inside of the reel so its a good tight fit for my 6mm hose.i also asked them to fit the hose too before delivery... ;)

theres at least a weeks waiting time for delivery,.maybe longer as their selling a lot of them at the moment and their waiting for some components/parts to be delivered.

Great! 🙄 hope I get mine next week as Iv got some spare time to fit it

Shrek

« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2018, 06:36:09 pm »

Same as daz , if I’m going to be a while then I pull the hose out, place it in between the doors and then trap it by closing the door. Not lifting your hose reel out at each job will save you a bag full of energy too!

dd

« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2018, 06:54:12 pm »

Can you manage to fit 6mm hose to an 8mm barb?

dazmond

« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2018, 07:12:17 pm »

Can you manage to fit 6mm hose to an 8mm barb?

of course once the hose as been in hot water.its a tight fit but it needs to be if your using a hot water system or else the hose slides off the barb after a while IME if using a  6MM barb....

Splash & dash

« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2018, 09:57:43 pm »

If you need to work in front of the van just walk behind it the distance that you need to go in front plus a bit and it will work fine , it will take longer than a free standing reel in these situations we have both fixed and free standing reels so have the best of both worlds but quite often we will use the method I’ve described instead of getting them out

Dazzler3370

« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2018, 09:51:46 am »
Dazmond, great choice by the way,  if anyone wants some advice on which electric reels. After trying all 3. Value for money Pure Freedom wins hands down. I paid extra for the stainless steel one but thought it was worth it.
With regards to Extreme pole ive had my 25 ft for over 2 years now and it's still going really strong. No sections replaced. I just spray some clear lacquer on mine once every couple of weeks.
Dazzler

Pete Thompson

« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2018, 10:33:14 am »
If you need to work in front of the van just walk behind it the distance that you need to go in front plus a bit and it will work fine , it will take longer than a free standing reel in these situations we have both fixed and free standing reels so have the best of both worlds but quite often we will use the method I’ve described instead of getting them out

I see, thanks for that. I think I’ll try to do my entire round with the van back facing the direction of work to see just how much of my work it’s possible for. I estimate about 85%, so for the other 15% a little inconvenience will not matter too much.

Pete Thompson

« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2018, 10:39:09 am »
just leave a van door open.thats what i do...and i have my reel fixed to black plastic covered chipboard so no drilling holes in my vans floor......

i usually park the back of the van facing my work but like you say its not always possible so just drag the hose around the side of the van no problem....

I see fellas working with the back of the van open sometimes, often they’re not even in sight. Even though I live in a rural area (not much crime) I just couldn’t bring myself to do that. I’m sure it is faster though.

I checked my policy, and it’s not insured if left unlocked, and unattended. I guess you’d just have to make sure nothing valuable-looking was in the back!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2018, 10:59:53 am »

I see fellas working with the back of the van open sometimes, often they’re not even in sight. Even though I live in a rural area (not much crime) I just couldn’t bring myself to do that. I’m sure it is faster though.

I checked my policy, and it’s not insured if left unlocked, and unattended. I guess you’d just have to make sure nothing valuable-looking was in the back!

I never have a problem working from back of van.  After I pull out enough hose I close the back and lock. Hose is fine under the door when closed.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2018, 12:24:00 pm »
Dazzler you say you got the stainless steel version of the reelmaster. How much more was it? Any pictures?

Thanks
Tris

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2018, 06:12:15 am »

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2018, 08:29:39 pm »
So the question still remains unanswered.
Has anyone bought a reelmaster in stainless steel rather than powder coated version ?

Tris

dazmond

« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2018, 10:10:42 pm »
Dazzler you say you got the stainless steel version of the reelmaster. How much more was it? Any pictures?

Thanks
Tris

why dont you phone PF up and ask them?

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2018, 08:10:54 am »
I gave them a call yesterday. They do a stainless steel reelmaster.
I wanted stainless because the powder coating on the other reels chip off quickly.
I would of liked some photos off the members on the forum but it seems relatively few have ordered in stainless.

Tris

dazmond

« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2018, 08:17:58 am »
I gave them a call yesterday. They do a stainless steel reelmaster.
I wanted stainless because the powder coating on the other reels chip off quickly.
I would of liked some photos off the members on the forum but it seems relatively few have ordered in stainless.

Tris

how much extra is the stainless steel version Tris?i never noticed this as an option on the PF website.....

NWH

« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2018, 03:08:25 pm »
Getting 1 then Daz lol I knew you would in the end you know it makes sense.

Shrek

« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2018, 03:32:51 pm »
Just rang them up , they said it’s getting dispatched tomorrow  :)