This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

p1w1

Re: Waterworks or Reelmaster?
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2018, 05:57:18 pm »
i have 2 x 105ah leisure batteries(wired up in tandem) down the side of my tank so itd be no problem to add the electrical connection from the back of the reelmaster.....

if i do go ahead and purchase one ill have to phone them up first as id want different connections on the side and inside the reel....
won't you miss your cardio workout while reeling in  ::)roll  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2018, 06:02:52 pm »
i have 2 x 105ah leisure batteries(wired up in tandem) down the side of my tank so itd be no problem to add the electrical connection from the back of the reelmaster.....

if i do go ahead and purchase one ill have to phone them up first as id want different connections on the side and inside the reel....

ive not decided whether to go ahead yet mate... ;)
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2018, 06:04:49 pm »

They are actually quite helpful, I bought a controller and pump on a back board a while ago and asked them to put some crocodile clips on the wires so it’s easy to connect to the battery terminals , and they did no problem. Il post some pictures of mine next week

yep post some pics mate when you ve got it set up.....

p1w1

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2018, 06:07:38 pm »

ive not decided whether to go ahead yet mate... ;)
i give it 2 weeks if that

dazmond

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2018, 07:51:47 pm »
just ordered one(PURE FREEDOM REELMASTER)(with 6mm of red hose).the side barb looks like its half inch so my hose from the heater will just fit straight on..... ;)

ill keep the manual cox reel(with red hose) as a spare.....

these reels are not cheap but they look the business.its cost me £639 including delivery,VAT and 100m of hose..... :o

Shrek

« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2018, 08:00:53 pm »
just ordered one(PURE FREEDOM REELMASTER)(with 6mm of red hose).the side barb looks like its half inch so my hose from the heater will just fit straight on..... ;)

ill keep the manual cox reel(with red hose) as a spare.....

these reels are not cheap but they look the business.its cost me £639 including delivery,VAT and 100m of hose..... :o

They are defo top of the range out of all the reels , that’s why I went for that one. I only buy stuff if I need it and this will be a nice piece of kit . Although the website says 2 days , the guy on the phone said they build them for every order so it’ll arrive next week , can’t wait!  :)

dazmond

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2018, 08:07:45 pm »
just ordered an xtreme 25( v3)as well at £642! ::)roll ;D

might as well go the whole hog......hot water,electric reel and xtreme pole..... 8)

lozsing

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2018, 09:49:40 pm »
love my reelmaster ,

dazmond

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2018, 10:19:09 pm »
love my reelmaster ,

how long have you had yours mate?and how did you fit it to your battery?croc clips?or a fixed connection?i think id rather fix it to my battery.....

lozsing

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2018, 10:27:42 pm »
about 4 months , the cables are quite thick so there straight to the battery along with my flow controller with croc clips

Stoots

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2018, 10:58:05 pm »

might as well go the whole hog......hot water,electric reel and xtreme pole..... 8)

I can't believe my eyes  :D

You have ordered an extreme pole and a leccy reel  ;D

All I ever read from you is manual reel this and slx that

You'll be going back to cold next !

Dry Clean

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2018, 11:26:22 pm »

He's already done the going back to cold because in his own words (said more than once )  it didn't make a difference, when its comes to Dazmond don't expect logic. lol.

Jonny 87

« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2018, 07:12:56 am »

Good decision.  :)

It’s definitely the way to go. Make things as easy as possible.

An extreme pole every two years and your sorted. The reel will last a lifetime time probably.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

John Mart

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2018, 07:30:32 am »

That is funny!  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2018, 08:52:23 am »

yep.might as well see what the fuss is about.....ive never used a leccy reel so it might make a difference over the course of a day/week/month/year/decade....as for the xtreme pole ive got 2 weeks worth of work that have lots of very awkward windows above extensions,large conservatories etc and i think the xtreme will help.

dont get me wrong the SLX is the best value hardwearing pole but for ease of use you cant beat the xtreme....

i feel invincible at the moment (health wise) but im not kidding myself......ill be 50 in a few years so keeping my working life as easy as possible should help with reducing the risk of RSI as i grow older........

i think ronnie helped me make my mind up for me(him being 8-9 years older than me)and suffering badly with shoulder/elbow issues.....

....and another forum member mentioned PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN THE CURE.........it got me thinking about the future......im hoping ive got at least another 30 years of window cleaning left in me(which will take me up to 76 yrs of age)ill have probably had enough by then...... ;D

lozsing

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2018, 11:50:14 am »

Shrek

« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2018, 12:28:01 pm »

Was it easy enough to bolt in to the floor? Do you need to go under the van ?
Cheers

lozsing

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2018, 03:42:06 pm »
yes I did but only for 1 bolt which was hidden behind spare wheel

Shrek

« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2018, 03:55:57 pm »

Cheers

dazmond

« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2018, 04:45:19 pm »

Cheers

i dont bolt my reels to the van floor...i simply bolt them to a piece of black plastic covered plywood that covers the back space of the van....saves drilling holes in your van floor..... ;)