This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Re: Waterworks or Reelmaster?
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2018, 06:01:21 pm »
They look quality, i want one

so expensive though, 600 and odd quid for a reel  :'(

I want an extreme as well  :'(

lucky chaps

dazmond

« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2018, 06:09:13 pm »

lucky chaps

the way your going adam theres no reason why you wont be able to afford both in the future with all your new work and money you must be earning?
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2018, 06:34:37 pm »
yes I did but only for 1 bolt which was hidden behind spare wheel

Cheers

i dont bolt my reels to the van floor...i simply bolt them to a piece of black plastic covered plywood that covers the back space of the van....saves drilling holes in your van floor..... ;)

I think it may need bolting to the floor as it’s quite heavy , will have to wait and see  :)

Shrek

« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2018, 06:36:23 pm »

lucky chaps

I thought you just went Ltd? You must be coining it in pal! go on , treat yourself

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2018, 09:00:51 pm »
Out of interest Daz - Why the reelmaster and not the Grippatank electric reel?

Tris

Shrek

« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2018, 09:42:23 pm »

Tris

Reelmaster , looks the dogs b•locks -£600

Grippatank reel , looks like a hd power up - £950

Hmm...

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2018, 10:03:34 pm »
Grippatank reel - stainless steel , no chain
Reelmaster, Waterworks - powder coated steel and chain

Tris

Shrek

« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2018, 10:23:09 pm »
Grippatanks powder coated reel is £850 , then the controller is another £290. It’s just too much compared to what you get from pure freedom

dazmond

« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2018, 10:49:19 pm »

Tris

A few window cleaners have had a few niggles with the grippa reel plus I think its ridiculously expensive. I think £600 is expensive but not as bad as nearer a grand.....

Good reviews of the reelmaster and it looks great too IMO....

Stoots

« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2018, 10:52:19 pm »

lucky chaps

I thought you just went Ltd? You must be coining it in pal! go on , treat yourself

Saving for a bigger van mate so i can push on and find another employee, mines too small for a two man really but its on finance. wish i had bought a bigger one to start with...

then i may be ready to compete with you big boys and afford a posh reel  ;D

Shrek

« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2018, 11:03:56 pm »

lucky chaps

Saving for a bigger van mate so i can push on and find another employee, mines too small for a two man really but its on finance. wish i had bought a bigger one to start with...

then i may be ready to compete with you big boys and afford a posh reel  ;D

Fair enough pal

Dry Clean

« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2018, 07:35:19 am »
just ordered an xtreme 25( v3)as well at £642! ::)roll ;D

might as well go the whole hog......hot water,electric reel and xtreme pole..... 8)

I can't believe my eyes  :D

You have ordered an extreme pole and a leccy reel  ;D

All I ever read from you is manual reel this and slx that

You'll be going back to cold next !

yep.might as well see what the fuss is about.....ive never used a leccy reel so it might make a difference over the course of a day/week/month/year/decade....as for the xtreme pole ive got 2 weeks worth of work that have lots of very awkward windows above extensions,large conservatories etc and i think the xtreme will help.

dont get me wrong the SLX is the best value hardwearing pole but for ease of use you cant beat the xtreme....

i feel invincible at the moment (health wise) but im not kidding myself......ill be 50 in a few years so keeping my working life as easy as possible should help with reducing the risk of RSI as i grow older........

i think ronnie helped me make my mind up for me(him being 8-9 years older than me)and suffering badly with shoulder/elbow issues.....

....and another forum member mentioned PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN THE CURE.........it got me thinking about the future......im hoping ive got at least another 30 years of window cleaning left in me(which will take me up to 76 yrs of age)ill have probably had enough by then...... ;D

Dazmond you need to stop listening to nonsense, RSI is caused by doing repetitive work non stop for long periods of time therefore spending a few minutes reeling in a hose 4 or 5 times a day is not going to give you it.
What you really want to prevent is neck pain from looking up all day which even with the best technique will eventually hit us all, theres nothing wrong with making the working day easier but it needs to be done in a sensible and cost effective way or in
other words benefit v cost.
I'm not saying an £650 electric reel is going to break the bank but an electric reel on top of a new van loan, an overpriced water heater and the yearly cost of running it, a £650 pole every two years for low level work and so on, I'm not even going to try and
work out what your yearly expenses are now but they're bound to be far too high for somebody on less than £40k a year.

dazmond

« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2018, 07:53:35 am »

might as well go the whole hog......hot water,electric reel and xtreme pole..... 8)

yep.might as well see what the fuss is about.....ive never used a leccy reel so it might make a difference over the course of a day/week/month/year/decade....as for the xtreme pole ive got 2 weeks worth of work that have lots of very awkward windows above extensions,large conservatories etc and i think the xtreme will help.

dont get me wrong the SLX is the best value hardwearing pole but for ease of use you cant beat the xtreme....

i feel invincible at the moment (health wise) but im not kidding myself......ill be 50 in a few years so keeping my working life as easy as possible should help with reducing the risk of RSI as i grow older........

i think ronnie helped me make my mind up for me(him being 8-9 years older than me)and suffering badly with shoulder/elbow issues.....

....and another forum member mentioned PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN THE CURE.........it got me thinking about the future......im hoping ive got at least another 30 years of window cleaning left in me(which will take me up to 76 yrs of age)ill have probably had enough by then...... ;D

Dazmond you need to stop listening to nonsense, RSI is caused by doing repetitive work non stop for long periods of time therefore spending a few minutes reeling in a hose 4 or 5 times a day is not going to give you it.
What you really want to prevent is neck pain from looking up all day which even with the best technique will eventually hit us all, theres nothing wrong with making the working day easier but it needs to be done in a sensible and cost effective way or in
I'm not saying an £650 electric reel is going to break the bank but an electric reel on top of a new van loan, an overpriced water heater and the yearly cost of running it, a £650 pole every two years for low level work and so on, I'm not even going to try and
work out what your yearly expenses are now but they're bound to be far too high for somebody on less than £40k a year.

im not on less than 40k a year sean and my expenses this year alone is over 5k.....anyway its none on your business..ill spend my money on whatever i like mate....... :-*

dazmond

« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2018, 07:59:32 am »
itll make my working day easier sean.....dont forget i live a very active life outside of window cleaning too....

Dry Clean

« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2018, 08:18:04 am »

im not on less than 40k a year sean and my expenses this year alone is over 5k.....anyway its none on your business..ill spend my money on whatever i like mate....... :-*

If you don't want people posting on how you spend your money then do what the rest of us do and don't post it on here,
once posted on here it is open for discussion no matter if its something you want to hear or not.

Stoots

« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2018, 08:22:23 am »
I think l we have to remember daz pays council rent is single and has no kids

Some of us are mortgaged or paying higher rents with loads of kids, wives and expenses.

Hence why daz is happy being a sole trader and some of us have to push on and try to grow to cover our outgoings.

Just my observations I may be wrong.

Dry Clean

« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2018, 08:45:32 am »
itll make my working day easier sean.....dont forget i live a very active life outside of window cleaning too....

If you where to only clean one small semi a day it would still make your working day easier but it wouldnt justify the cost, as you
rightly said earlier you dont do enough reeling to justify the cost.

dd

« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2018, 04:03:58 pm »
Going by the feedback on here from people who have suffered some form of RSI in their shoulder or elbow, and how it has cleared up after switching to an electric reel - I think we have to assume using a manual reel can cause , or contribute to RSI.

Dry Clean

« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2018, 04:43:35 pm »
Going by the feedback on here from people who have suffered some form of RSI in their shoulder or elbow, and how it has cleared up after switching to an electric reel - I think we have to assume using a manual reel can cause , or contribute to RSI.

What about rowing a pole up and down on the glass all day everyday, lets be honest when people on here spend money on anything thats not a basic need all sorts of miracles seem to happen .

dazmond

« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2018, 05:38:42 pm »

What about rowing a pole up and down on the glass all day everyday, lets be honest when people on here spend money on anything thats not a basic need all sorts of miracles seem to happen .

who wants the basic stuff though really?i could of just kept with a 14 yr old kangoo van,a claber reel and a CLX.....or i could of just got a poverty spec van with no air con,heated seat etc.....i could of got a basic 1.2L golf instead of a golf GTD......I could of booked a week in margate instead of a 5 star hotel in spain for me and the missus....the list goes on.......

....if you can afford it go for it....you only live once....... 8)