Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Go

Re: rules of the game
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2018, 07:15:25 pm »
Well just to ease your mind Paul.

Since I started I have lost almost £1500 in non payers.

I get customers all the time who just don't pay despite reminder after reminder.

My rule is that of that haven't paid for the first clean they don't get another. So if it comes to next clean I will skip them and if it happens more than once or twice I will dump them.

I don't mind people paying late but what I don't like is having to send someone 5-6 text reminders over a number of weeks to finally get paid. I think it's ignorant and pretty disgusting that someone can decide weeks later to finally pay you if they must (if you didn't hound these people they would be happy not to pay)

What can you do apart from drop them and keep looking for better customers.

The bigger you grow as a business the bigger these problems become. I think it's absolutely essential for anyone looking to grow beyond a one man band that you get go cardless In place.

If you’ve lost £1500 in domestic cleans, you must be doing something wrong! Are you mostly servicing poor people? Urban customers?

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2018, 07:19:10 pm »
Well just to ease your mind Paul.

Since I started I have lost almost £1500 in non payers.

I get customers all the time who just don't pay despite reminder after reminder.

My rule is that of that haven't paid for the first clean they don't get another. So if it comes to next clean I will skip them and if it happens more than once or twice I will dump them.

I don't mind people paying late but what I don't like is having to send someone 5-6 text reminders over a number of weeks to finally get paid. I think it's ignorant and pretty disgusting that someone can decide weeks later to finally pay you if they must (if you didn't hound these people they would be happy not to pay)

What can you do apart from drop them and keep looking for better customers.

The bigger you grow as a business the bigger these problems become. I think it's absolutely essential for anyone looking to grow beyond a one man band that you get go cardless In place.

If you’ve lost £1500 in domestic cleans, you must be doing something wrong! Are you mostly servicing poor people? Urban customers?

i think a lot of them were customers from canvassing companies! ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2018, 10:19:28 pm »
Yes guys

The reason I've had so many bad payers is that 80% of my round has been built with canvassing companies.

With canvassing companies and camvassing in general you get a hell of a lot of messers.

A lot of my non payers have come from first cleans from canvassed work. They probably didn't want it doing but couldn't say no at the door.

From leaflets and other methods of getting work my non payers have been no where near as bad.

So why did I use canvassing companies I hear you ask...

Well firstly I was never going to canvass myself, I tried it, I'd rather stick needles in my eyes.  I tried leaflets and yes they produce better quality work but extremely slow and tedious.

So I decided I would put up with a lot of crap over the  space of a couple of years so I could get a full round and that's what i did.

I lost a lot of money but on the flip side I paid very little tax as most of my profits went into paying canvassers.

I'm glad I did it but I wouldn't use them again, well I probably would but not unless I was desperate. I've since found better ways of getting work with lead generation

But yeh that's why

John Mart

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2018, 06:29:49 am »
Yes guys

The reason I've had so many bad payers is that 80% of my round has been built with canvassing companies.

With canvassing companies and camvassing in general you get a hell of a lot of messers.

A lot of my non payers have come from first cleans from canvassed work. They probably didn't want it doing but couldn't say no at the door.

From leaflets and other methods of getting work my non payers have been no where near as bad.

So why did I use canvassing companies I hear you ask...

Well firstly I was never going to canvass myself, I tried it, I'd rather stick needles in my eyes.  I tried leaflets and yes they produce better quality work but extremely slow and tedious.

So I decided I would put up with a lot of crap over the  space of a couple of years so I could get a full round and that's what i did.

I lost a lot of money but on the flip side I paid very little tax as most of my profits went into paying canvassers.

I'm glad I did it but I wouldn't use them again, well I probably would but not unless I was desperate. I've since found better ways of getting work with lead generation

But yeh that's why
Leaflets can be slower but if you are paying they are much, much cheaper. It’s all about volume. It’s no good putting ou 5,000 leaflets.

tlwcs

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2018, 07:27:34 am »
Payment by return for me on domestic and 14 days for a few little commercials I have. I've done the work, I want paying. It's how it works.  ;D
Debt for June £268
Years ago cash was paid on the day. Next door would pay their neighbours if they had gone out. Cheques or cash was left out if they were at work.
People were horrified if they hadn't got your money.
People's attitude have changed today with some thinking their doing you the favour by cleaning for them.
There's very little cash taken today as most people just don't use it but it's so much easier to pay with bank transfers and GoCardless
Just keep refining  your work, it never stops. I love the earlier comment who said they don't have late payers, just ex customers
I think the more you give the more they take