Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lozsing

Re: Waterworks or Reelmaster?
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2018, 07:20:39 pm »
i have the pure freedom one, I like the anti snag its not too sensitive. also I have it through floor so the soft start is great for when  the end of the hose gets near the hole. just press off and on again straight away and it comes through hole gently not like a bullet . very pleased with it had it a about 3 months .

Jonny 87

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2018, 10:54:23 pm »
Johnny, Nwh, does the waterworks have a snag detection cut out?

It doesn’t, but I’ve never had an issue. The soft start is a good add on the the pure freedom reel has.

Either choice and you will love it. I’m jist not convinced the pure freedom is worth the extra.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Den68

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2018, 06:49:34 am »
I have the water works reel, as I have a dicky shoulder within a couple of the days the pain receded not had a problem with my shoulder since that’s nearly 2 years ago. Highly recommended as already said prevention is better than cure, try and future proof yourself.

Shrek

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2018, 07:25:58 am »
What’s the recommended battery size to run an electric reel and pump for the day?

lozsing

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2018, 09:28:23 am »
I have a 110amp runs both all day

matthewprice

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2018, 12:34:35 pm »
Got a 180 amp runs pump plus reel for 5 .5 days with a bit to spare before bench charging

Shrek

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2018, 12:51:43 pm »
Iv got an 85ah , not sure whether it’ll be ok

Michael Peterson

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2018, 02:07:09 pm »
It will be fine

Shrek

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2018, 03:27:46 pm »

Ronnie Bryce

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2018, 05:12:55 pm »
Well I bought the waterworks hd  reel, worked with it today and just wish I had done it sooner, it simply makes a fantastic difference to my working day and would recommend a powered reel to anyone. The difference in elbow joint pain was night and day compared to hand cranking every inch of hose. Thanks for the advice and recommendations lads, very much appreciated. Ronnie.

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2018, 08:48:32 am »
Well I bought the waterworks hd  reel, worked with it today and just wish I had done it sooner, it simply makes a fantastic difference to my working day and would recommend a powered reel to anyone. The difference in elbow joint pain was night and day compared to hand cranking every inch of hose. Thanks for the advice and recommendations lads, very much appreciated. Ronnie.

good luck ronnie i hope it improves your shoulder/elbow issues.... :)
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2018, 02:08:09 pm »
Iv just ordered pure freedoms reelmaster - let’s see what all the fuss is about   ;D
Getting delivered next week  :)

zesty

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2018, 03:48:26 pm »
Iv just ordered pure freedoms reelmaster - let’s see what all the fuss is about   ;D

Keep us posted shrek, thinking of changing mine to pure freedom one.

Shrek

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2018, 04:01:56 pm »

Keep us posted shrek, thinking of changing mine to pure freedom one.

Will do , Iv actually been looking at them for ages but thought I’d keep an eye on the forum and see what others think before I hand over 600 squid . I honestly think it will make my life easier, I go to some big properties where I’m there upto an hour, then after , I really can’t be arsed reeling in   ;D
Hardly any of my work is next door to each other so I think it’ll be a time saver + it’ll be better on my tennis elbow which flares up now and again

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2018, 04:52:27 pm »
what fittings are you getting with the reelmaster shrek?as in the barb on the inside of the reel to fit your hose and the fitting on the  side of the reel to fit your hose from your pump/heater etc?theres no option(in the drop down menu) to have a rectus 26 fitting on the side of the reel and a 8mm barb on the inside(so that my 6mm hose will fit tight)as thats what i would want.....

Shrek

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2018, 05:14:09 pm »
what fittings are you getting with the reelmaster shrek?as in the barb on the inside of the reel to fit your hose and the fitting on the on the side of the reel to fit your hose from your pump/heater etc?theres no option(in the drop down menu) to have a rectus 26 fitting on the side of the reel and a 8mm barb on the inside(so that my 6mm hose will fit tight)as thats what i would want.....

Hi daz , I’m not actually getting any fittings from pure freedom as I already bought a load of o clips a few weeks back.

I’m presuming you just push your hose on here and secure with an o clip or jubilee ( I’m hoping so anyway! Because I’m useless with plumbing & electrics)
I asked about the wires for the battery, as Iv already got crocodile clips on there coming from my flow controller. He said there will be plenty of room to connect the hose on to the battery terminals with the croc clips .
Iv got an 85ah battery and was advised that the reel doesn’t really use very much power at all and will be sufficient 👍

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2018, 05:32:24 pm »
what fittings are you getting with the reelmaster shrek?as in the barb on the inside of the reel to fit your hose and the fitting on the on the side of the reel to fit your hose from your pump/heater etc?theres no option(in the drop down menu) to have a rectus 26 fitting on the side of the reel and a 8mm barb on the inside(so that my 6mm hose will fit tight)as thats what i would want.....

Hi daz , I’m not actually getting any fittings from pure freedom as I already bought a load of o clips a few weeks back.

I’m presuming you just push your hose on here and secure with an o clip or jubilee ( I’m hoping so anyway! Because I’m useless with plumbing & electrics)
I asked about the wires for the battery, as Iv already got crocodile clips on there coming from my flow controller. He said there will be plenty of room to connect the hose on to the battery terminals with the croc clips .
Iv got an 85ah battery and was advised that the reel doesn’t really use very much power at all and will be sufficient 👍

the pure freedom site is not very clear.....the barb might be too small for your hose and that fitting is(by the looks of it)a screw thread barb fitting,id rather have a male rectus 26 fitting on the side,the inside of the hose reel also will have a barb fitting but if its 6mm its normally too small for a good tight leak free fitting (if your using 6mm hose),its better to get the 8mm barb and force it on for a nice tight fit but theres no option on the pure freedom site to do that... ::)roll

Shrek

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2018, 05:44:22 pm »

the pure freedom site is not very clear.....the barb might be too small for your hose and that fitting is(by the looks of it)a screw thread barb fitting,id rather have a male rectus 26 fitting on the side,the inside of the hose reel also will have a barb fitting but if its 6mm its normally too small for a good tight leak free fitting (if your using 6mm hose),its better to get the 8mm barb and force it on for a nice tight fit but theres no option on the pure freedom site to do that... ::)roll

I’m not sure mate , best thing to do is probably ring them - they build everything there and supply the reels with hose so I’m sure they would be able to build it to your specification pal

dazmond

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2018, 05:45:29 pm »
i have 2 x 105ah leisure batteries(wired up in tandem) down the side of my tank so itd be no problem to add the electrical connection from the back of the reelmaster.....

if i do go ahead and purchase one ill have to phone them up first as id want different connections on the side and inside the reel....

Shrek

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2018, 05:51:19 pm »
i have 2 x 105ah leisure batteries(wired up in tandem) down the side of my tank so itd be no problem to add the electrical connection from the back of the reelmaster.....

if i do go ahead and purchase one ill have to phone them up first as id want different connections on the side and inside the reel....

They are actually quite helpful, I bought a controller and pump on a back board a while ago and asked them to put some crocodile clips on the wires so it’s easy to connect to the battery terminals , and they did no problem. Il post some pictures of mine next week