This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

p1w1

Re: hot water systems 2
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2017, 06:39:25 pm »
The heater your buying can be purchased for 1200 incl vat just think about that,ask how much you can buy a cabinet for I値l come and fit for you for the difference 😂

Got a link for them?
Not an expert in these things so could be wrong but i  dont think this will be far off what is needed. https://www.butlertechnik.com/vehicle-heater-kits-c1/webasto-vehicle-heater-kits-c126/webasto-thermo-top-c300-diesel-camper-heating-kit-41k107d-p73 may be worth giving them a bell.

Daz you will have to put up pictures of what it is when its done as none of the wfp suppliers actually show you what's inside the cabinet on their websites.

Splash & dash

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2017, 10:11:23 pm »
The heater your buying can be purchased for 1200 incl vat just think about that,ask how much you can buy a cabinet for I値l come and fit for you for the difference 😂

Got a link for them?
Not an expert in these things so could be wrong but i  dont think this will be far off what is needed. https://www.butlertechnik.com/vehicle-heater-kits-c1/webasto-vehicle-heater-kits-c126/webasto-thermo-top-c300-diesel-camper-heating-kit-41k107d-p73 may be worth giving them a bell.

Daz you will have to put up pictures of what it is when its done as none of the wfp suppliers actually show you what's inside the cabinet on their websites.
I値l take a picture of the insides of mine tomorrow if anyone is intrested let me know what you would like to see I have the Grippatank one

p1w1

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2017, 10:31:37 pm »

Got a link for them?

I値l take a picture of the insides of mine tomorrow if anyone is intrested let me know what you would like to see I have the Grippatank one
That would be great if you would . The whole system set up  ;D/. Just interested how it's all put together really and what extras you get for the money. 

dazmond

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2017, 11:04:12 pm »
It痴 like anything put it in a flashy cabinet and it looks the dogs,some have an orange one some have a Mat black one they are ALL the same thermo top C series 300. Market a dog terd in the right way some would buy it,you just need the pump,plate exchanger ,header tank,1 meter of exhaust and the main unit and away you go,it can be wired to a heatwave flow controller in minutes like I said 2500 for a metal cabinet and 3-4 hours fitting.

You still bought one for over 2.7k plus fitting.

Everyone needs to make money.
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2017, 11:18:47 pm »
What makes me laugh is some of u guys like Nigel bang on about charging  top prices in your window cleaning business but question the price of diesel heaters and fitting etc. Their a business too.they have overheads like any other business.like I said in my previous post everyone needs to make money.

dazmond

« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2017, 11:28:55 pm »
A waste of money on the split charge relay too if you're only doing 4000 miles a year

its a smart battery to battery charger ive ordered as apparently new vans from 2015 have different alternators with temperature sensors on them so you cant use the normal split charge relays.
Yeah what i mean is you do limited driving so your not really going to get any benefit out of the split relay system, i would imagine you will still need to bench charge every night still.

These battery to battery chargers are supposed to charge your batteries up to 50% faster than normal standard split charge relays so I reckon I'll be fine. 15 mins usually to my first job and 15 mins back home after work plus 30 mins for lunch with engine running. Thats an hour to charge the batteries. It might be enough. We ll see. If not it's no problem to run an extension cable out to the van. I've been doing it for 7+ years!

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2017, 07:14:50 am »
When is the install  keep us posted , expect it to be a good ongoing  post.
Spit and polish

Spruce

« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2017, 07:31:42 am »

Got a link for them?

Yes please; I'm interested. Thank you.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Spruce

« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2017, 07:41:04 am »
A waste of money on the split charge relay too if you're only doing 4000 miles a year

its a smart battery to battery charger ive ordered as apparently new vans from 2015 have different alternators with temperature sensors on them so you cant use the normal split charge relays.
Yeah what i mean is you do limited driving so your not really going to get any benefit out of the split relay system, i would imagine you will still need to bench charge every night still.

These battery to battery chargers are supposed to charge your batteries up to 50% faster than normal standard split charge relays so I reckon I'll be fine. 15 mins usually to my first job and 15 mins back home after work plus 30 mins for lunch with engine running. Thats an hour to charge the batteries. It might be enough. We ll see. If not it's no problem to run an extension cable out to the van. I've been doing it for 7+ years!

I wouldn't get to excited about the hype. You will still have to supplement your charge overnight doing low mileage. Even with the best equipment, NHS ambulances are often seen parked outside an emergency call out with the engines running.

They recommend that the first start of the day is with the engine running and on your way to your first job. This way the alternator supplies the bulk of the starting current needed to get the heater fired up. So your scr relay (in your case battery to battery charger if you have regenerative braking on your van) will do its job.

When moving to another job some distance away, unplug your hose reel and redirect your hot water into the tank. That way you will keep the heater going and reduce the number of boiler stop starts. You could even do this redirect to the tank with a 3 way tap valve.

This sort of thing
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-2-3-4-1-3-way-Ball-Valve-Stainless-Steel-Female-Port-T-Type-Lever-Handle/262760754224?hash=item3d2dc2ec30:m:m0HdHGkEzlvFpKUKk-ad64g

(they are out of stock of 1/2" but someone will have one.)

Spruce

« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2017, 07:50:05 am »
Here's a photo of an old PureFreedom 5.2kw heater.

I'm sure its been redesigned since then as there is an awful waste of space inside the unit.
But you can see how it works quite easily.

I've messed with the brightness so you can see the hose detail better.

Here's the original

BTW. The heater is attached to a separate stand that PF also sell to order.

Wow. I've just noticed after all these years that I've had this photo that the heat exchanger is connected up incorrectly.
The recommended flows through the heat exchanger is supposed to be opposite and not in the same direction as per the photo. The heat exchanger is less efficient this way, unless of course PF did this purposely.

dazmond

« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2017, 08:52:09 am »
I'm having my pump fitted in my diesel heater spruce(so getting rid of my pumpbox)

dazmond

« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2017, 08:55:30 am »
What's the tank for at the top of the unit spruce? I thought all these units were plumbed into the vans main fuel tank?

dazmond

« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2017, 09:05:20 am »
When is the install  keep us posted , expect it to be a good ongoing  post.

It's getting fitted 6th Dec. I've already booked a hotel for  the night  for me and the girlfriend for the night before. (it's 3 hrs drive away) and paid the deposit.  :)

andyM

« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2017, 09:13:27 am »

It's getting fitted 6th Dec. I've already booked a hotel for  the night  for me and the girlfriend for the night before. (it's 3 hrs drive away) and paid the deposit.  :)

Congratulations!
Maybe love will be in the air?..... well I hope for your sakes it's Love and not Diesel fumes.
One of the Plebs

Slacky

« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2017, 09:16:43 am »
Here's a photo of an old PureFreedom 5.2kw heater.

I'm sure its been redesigned since then as there is an awful waste of space inside the unit.
But you can see how it works quite easily.

Yesss.....

DeLuce

« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2017, 09:18:54 am »
What's the tank for at the top of the unit spruce? I thought all these units were plumbed into the vans main fuel tank?
I think that is a diesel tank, fuel for the Webasto!?!

Thanks for posting this picture Spruce, I wanted to see how the hoses where positioned.

davids3511

« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2017, 09:28:45 am »
That's for coolant  Daz. The heater heats antifreeze/coolant, pumps it through the heat exchanger back to that tank. Meanwhile your window cleaning pump is pumping your window cleaning water through the heat exchanger where the coolant heats it up.

robert mitchell

« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2017, 09:32:22 am »
Dazmond ...... i was lucky enough to get a secondhand purefreedom 9kw diesel heater secondhand for 」280 , fitted it myself and has been flawless for about a year now , would hate to be without it.

i remember when you got it.im sure you just had to fix the pump if i recall correctly?

i wouldnt have a hope in hell of fitting it myself!drilling into my fuel tank and drilling holes in the floor for exhaust gases?i dont think so!ill leave it to the experts. ;)

Yes thats right , was lucky enough to find a brand new pump on ebay for 」90 (normally around 」300 ) ,i fitted a seperate tank and had a bracket welded up to fit it by the side door , just two holes in the step for exhaust and air inlet .....nothing too difficult .

Even paying the full money i think its worth it , i i would hate to be without it now and i reckon you could get ten years out of it no problem .

The canal boat guys gave me a tip about every six months or so running it on kerosene at full power for an hour or two and this helps keep the burner clean as it burns hotter.

www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

robert mitchell

« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2017, 09:42:25 am »
For the price your paying Daz im assuming you are getting the 9kw version?
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Splash & dash

« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2017, 12:18:08 pm »
Here痴 some pictures of mine