This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Don Kee

Re: hot water systems 2
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2017, 06:53:48 am »
You’ve decided to pay the balloon payment on your van already..? You’ve got another 4 1/2 years of monthly payments mate, you may think you’ve decided but you haven’t got a choice yet mate!!!

(Imo you’d be mental paying the balloon on a lease, you should have gone down the HP route)

Og

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2017, 07:24:15 am »
Doesn't matter how hot your water is, it's still gonna freeze on the footpaths under the windows.

dazmond

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2017, 08:16:57 am »
Seriously Dazmond have you lost the plot ? an immersion heater will cost you a few hundred quid, do the same job, and you
wont have to drive your van until it falls apart, £4.5k for softer hoses and a couple of first cleans a year, (please take this constructively ) mate you need to give your head a wobble.

yes i lost the plot many years ago sean! ;D

i didnt want to cut a hole in my tank plus id have to upgrade electrics etc.also the water doesnt get hot enough to make a difference on add ons and first cleans from just using an immersion.i do a lot more than "a few first cleans a year"as you put it.same with add ons.ive picked up 2 full f/s/g cleans with conny roofs in the last week alone.

i look at it this way......say i earn 20k more than you a year sean.over the course of 10 years thats £200,000.take off £30,000 for a new van,hot diesel system,new poles etc and another £9,000 on diesel(if using heater every day) for running the heater,say another 3k on servicing,parts etc ive still got £158,000!

most vans ive had previously have been over 10 years old and lasted me roughly 3 or 4 years so my van will easily last 10 years and then itll only have around 40,000 on the clock so ill still get a few grand for it.
price higher/work harder!

Dry Clean

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2017, 08:46:31 am »
Seriously Dazmond have you lost the plot ? an immersion heater will cost you a few hundred quid, do the same job, and you
wont have to drive your van until it falls apart, £4.5k for softer hoses and a couple of first cleans a year, (please take this constructively ) mate you need to give your head a wobble.

yes i lost the plot many years ago sean! ;D

i didnt want to cut a hole in my tank plus id have to upgrade electrics etc.also the water doesnt get hot enough to make a difference on add ons and first cleans from just using an immersion.i do a lot more than "a few first cleans a year"as you put it.same with add ons.ive picked up 2 full f/s/g cleans with conny roofs in the last week alone.

i look at it this way......say i earn 20k more than you a year sean.over the course of 10 years thats £200,000.take off £30,000 for a new van,hot diesel system,new poles etc and another £9,000 on diesel(if using heater every day) for running the heater,say another 3k on servicing,parts etc ive still got £158,000!

most vans ive had previously have been over 10 years old and lasted me roughly 3 or 4 years so my van will easily last 10 years and then itll only have around 40,000 on the clock so ill still get a few grand for it.

Confirmed, you have lost the plot, if you don't want to cut a hole in your tank and upgrade your electrics then pay somebody to do it, £300 to £500 should be more than enough.
The immersion guys will disagree on it not being good enough but that aside, as a sole trader with a full round how many first
cleans will you be doing yearly ? let say 12,
Same goes for fsg cleaning, are you intending to drop window cleaning over this type off work, I very much doubt it.
So lets look at the real savings, lets say hot saves you 15min on a first clean therefore 12 first cleans is 3 hours a year, and lets say it saves you another 12hours over the year on fsg cleans, that wouldn't even cover the cost of fuel never mind the original outlay.
Here's how you make window cleaning easier, clean as few properties as you can for as much money as you can charge, its not
constantly having to clean more to cover silly expenses, that rules the same no matter how much your earning.

p1w1

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2017, 09:13:43 am »
A waste of money on the split charge relay too if you're only doing 4000 miles a year

dazmond

« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2017, 09:23:21 am »
ive done everything in my 24 years of window cleaning sean.scrimping and scraping to get some funds together.i remember once buying a car off my next door neighbour for £90 as my engine blew up on mine! ;D(yes i was that skint!)i used to clean with holes in my shoes too!thankfully them days are just a distant memory now.

i see it as investing in my business,image is very important as well especially when working in affluent areas and of course im refining my round all the time.it never ends.i do a lot more first cleans a year than 12 sean!i usually do a few a week(sometimes its houses i used to clean and the customers moved and im cleaning for the new owners,thats very common,but theres been a gap of 6-12 months).i also  usually do 3 or 4 add on jobs a month(usually double that in the spring/summer months).

anyway i dont have to justify spending money on new vans,hot systems etc,etc to anyone,least of all other window cleaners.im earning the money and i can afford it.itll also make my working day more pleasant/easier.

dazmond

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2017, 09:27:30 am »
A waste of money on the split charge relay too if you're only doing 4000 miles a year

its a smart battery to battery charger ive ordered as apparently new vans from 2015 have different alternators with temperature sensors on them so you cant use the normal split charge relays.

Dry Clean

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2017, 09:55:38 am »
ive done everything in my 24 years of window cleaning sean.scrimping and scraping to get some funds together.i remember once buying a car off my next door neighbour for £90 as my engine blew up on mine! ;D(yes i was that skint!)i used to clean with holes in my shoes too!thankfully them days are just a distant memory now.

i see it as investing in my business,image is very important as well especially when working in affluent areas and of course im refining my round all the time.it never ends.i do a lot more first cleans a year than 12 sean!i usually do a few a week(sometimes its houses i used to clean and the customers moved and im cleaning for the new owners,thats very common,but theres been a gap of 6-12 months).i also  usually do 3 or 4 add on jobs a month(usually double that in the spring/summer months).

anyway i dont have to justify spending money on new vans,hot systems etc,etc to anyone,least of all other window cleaners.im earning the money and i can afford it.itll also make my working day more pleasant/easier.

I'm not talking about new vans Dazmond, Iv had a new van from day one, as for justifying your spending that fair enough, just
don't come on and say your doing it for sound business reasons.
Unless it saving you time it wont make your day easier they both go hand in hand.

lal

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2017, 10:06:41 am »

Good luck Dazmond with your new Grippatank heater, I'm getting one early next year, are you getting the 9 KW heater.

Lal

Stoots

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2017, 10:14:41 am »

What is this stiff hose I hear of anyway? Can't remember ever having a stiff hose in winter. It's either frozen or it's not? Dont get it?

I'm sure you will  have noticed the reel hose gets slightly stiffer in the cooler months, it wouldn't be a major concern to most.

Not noticed, if it comes of the reel and water comes out im happy lol

Dry Clean

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2017, 10:21:48 am »

What is this stiff hose I hear of anyway? Can't remember ever having a stiff hose in winter. It's either frozen or it's not? Dont get it?

I'm sure you will  have noticed the reel hose gets slightly stiffer in the cooler months, it wouldn't be a major concern to most.

Not noticed, if it comes of the reel and water comes out im happy lol

So are most Adam, some people just constantly need to be fixing no matter if it needs fixed or not.

Slacky

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2017, 03:25:17 pm »
Daz, if you want a new van and whatever kit you furnish it with go ahead.

Enjoy your sobriety and reward yourself with whatever you feel fits the bill.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2017, 03:28:31 pm »
ive had the quote from oliver and ive accepted it so he ll get back to me tomorrow probably matt.i think they can fit me in sometime in december so itll be an early xmas pressie to myself. 8)

he said they are VERY busy at the moment though.some of the grippa guys have been working night shifts to get through the work lately.

Nice. What power system have you opted for your one man set up?
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

NWH

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2017, 03:47:21 pm »
The heater your buying can be purchased for 1200 incl vat just think about that,ask how much you can buy a cabinet for I’ll come and fit for you for the difference 😂

Slacky

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2017, 04:19:12 pm »
The heater your buying can be purchased for 1200 incl vat just think about that,ask how much you can buy a cabinet for I’ll come and fit for you for the difference 😂

Got a link for them?

p1w1

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2017, 04:37:09 pm »

its a smart battery to battery charger ive ordered as apparently new vans from 2015 have different alternators with temperature sensors on them so you cant use the normal split charge relays.
Yeah what i mean is you do limited driving so your not really going to get any benefit out of the split relay system, i would imagine you will still need to bench charge every night still.

NWH

« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2017, 05:43:54 pm »
It’s like anything put it in a flashy cabinet and it looks the dogs,some have an orange one some have a Mat black one they are ALL the same thermo top C series 300. Market a dog terd in the right way some would buy it,you just need the pump,plate exchanger ,header tank,1 meter of exhaust and the main unit and away you go,it can be wired to a heatwave flow controller in minutes like I said 2500 for a metal cabinet and 3-4 hours fitting.

NWH

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2017, 05:47:48 pm »
Well I brought 1 lol 😂 never again

Jonny 87

« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2017, 06:07:28 pm »
Will be Interesting to hear how it all goes Daz,

Remember that it’s tax deductible, so that drops down the £4500 to about £3200. Pretty affordable really if it’s going to be reliable and make your working day much easier.

Very tempted myself to be honest.

I’ve just recently purchased a waterworks 700 litres system but I’m missing the hot water from my old immersion.

Keep us posted!
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

p1w1

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2017, 06:38:21 pm »
It’s like anything put it in a flashy cabinet and it looks the dogs,some have an orange one some have a Mat black one they are ALL the same thermo top C series 300. Market a dog terd in the right way some would buy it,you just need the pump,plate exchanger ,header tank,1 meter of exhaust and the main unit and away you go,it can be wired to a heatwave flow controller in minutes like I said 2500 for a metal cabinet and 3-4 hours fitting.
If you read some of your old post (2008). you say it's definitely not a diy job and took 2 people who were experts over 5 hours to install yours back then (thermo top c) why is it different now? have they changed since then? . Came across them while doing some research into these heaters.

Could you put some pictures up of yours then to see? generally interested.