Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Adam Daly

Pricing a block of flats
« on: November 23, 2017, 09:51:47 am »
Hey, I live in Kent and looking at quoting for cleaning a block of flats every 2 months. They have 45 windows. I was thinking £70 What do you guys recon?

Plankton

Re: Pricing a block of flats
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 03:40:16 pm »
Someone recently laughed at how they used to price by the window but I don't see why this is laughable. I always remember being told on a range to use what you know to work out distances ie football pitches, tennis courts etc so for window cleaning I use the same principle. As you know how long it takes to clean x amount of windows on a single flat then you can work out your hourly rate.  Charge more for the second floor and above as this is work that trad guys aren't keen on and the poles are expensive so have to be justified. Then tally that up for the whole block and don't undercut yourself.   

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 05:35:45 pm »
There are many factors to consider , how high is it ,access, frequency, type of window wood,upvc,where are the vents, how big are the pains of glass /how many are there , how long will it take you , etc it’s a personal thing what you think is a fair price others would say to cheap or to expensive work out what you want to earn per hour guess how long it will take and to some extent faster into your price what kit you will need if using a 60 foot pole it should be dearer than using a 25 foot pole as replacement costs will be higher and it’s harder work , less people will have the kit to do it so charge accordingly

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 10:09:15 pm »
If you can clean them in an hour. Happy days.

If it takes you 2 then not so good
price higher/work harder!

rosskesava

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 01:39:29 am »
What ever price you are thinking of charging, triple it.

If you don't get the job then nothing is lost but if you do.......

It takes a bit of courage to that but at least you won't end up with work you end up regret doing.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Plankton

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 12:25:08 pm »
Wanting £200 per hour you'll end up with no work!

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 01:19:48 pm »
Wanting £200 per hour you'll end up with no work!
......yeah but this is ciu  and not the real world  ;D ........ besides, 45 flat windows sounds like more than an hours work.  ???