This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

p1w1

Re: hot water systems 2
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2017, 08:50:28 am »
You drive it to them and they’ll drop the van back to you.

how would i get home then?train?ill book myself into a hotel while im there.cambridgeshire has gotta be better than grimsby! :)
5 star i guess  ;D

concept

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2017, 01:51:14 pm »
Grippatank offer driveway fitting also which could be worth considering?

Slacky

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2017, 02:14:38 pm »
im gonna phone grippatank up tomorrow.you can just buy the heater,split relay,batteries and fitting on their website but i think i need to speak to them first before parting with the best part of  £4.5k! ;D

its a good 3 hour drive from manchester to their fitting centre but the new van could do with a good long drive.looking forward to it! :)

£4.5K its a lot of dosh isn't it just to go hot. I looked on their site yesterday and once its all totted up it comes to a lot of money. Think about it, for that kind of money you could get a reasonable second hand working vehicle.

Slacky

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2017, 02:17:44 pm »
Its probably best to speak to Grippa, like Dazmond is going to.

Someone convince me.

What are the 'extras' required throughout the year if you run a 9KW diesel hot water system? How much is servicing and extra parts etc annually?

Splash & dash

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2017, 04:50:19 pm »
We have a custom made hot system from Grippatank I wanted 3 hot pumps but Oliver after much deliberation said that it wouldn’t supply 3 hot hose reels only 2 would be hot 3 would be warm only , I opted for 2 hot and one cold , had it 3 years now exelent piece of kit I have a 1000 ltr Ionic’s pro 5 system heavily modified and the Grippatank 9kw boiler attached to it works brilliantly runs 8 hours a day 5 days a week , not been serviced in that time , local service engineers to me said it doesn’t need servicing it either works or it doesn’t , thought that a bit strange but there you go they could have charged me to service it but said there is nothing to service just replace the screen and a couple of other bits if and when it stops working , not cheap I admit I had a stainless steel cabanite for mine as I didn’t like the powder coated steel one looks amazing and doesn’t get chipped and go rusty , you seam to keep changing your mind about hot I don’t understand it you either like it or you don’t ???? Why spend that money on it if as you say it doesn’t make any difference??

Spruce

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2017, 05:25:59 pm »
We have a custom made hot system from Grippatank I wanted 3 hot pumps but Oliver after much deliberation said that it wouldn’t supply 3 hot hose reels only 2 would be hot 3 would be warm only , I opted for 2 hot and one cold , had it 3 years now exelent piece of kit I have a 1000 ltr Ionic’s pro 5 system heavily modified and the Grippatank 9kw boiler attached to it works brilliantly runs 8 hours a day 5 days a week , not been serviced in that time , local service engineers to me said it doesn’t need servicing it either works or it doesn’t , thought that a bit strange but there you go they could have charged me to service it but said there is nothing to service just replace the screen and a couple of other bits if and when it stops working , not cheap I admit I had a stainless steel cabanite for mine as I didn’t like the powder coated steel one looks amazing and doesn’t get chipped and go rusty , you seam to keep changing your mind about hot I don’t understand it you either like it or you don’t ???? Why spend that money on it if as you say it doesn’t make any difference??

Please enlighten us. Thanks.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Splash & dash

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2017, 06:13:29 pm »

Please enlighten us. Thanks.
I have changed most of the filtration film tech twin ros; two separate carbon and 5 micron filters ,  high flow booster pump to fill produced 1000 ltr of pure In about 2 -2:5 hours  25 ltr spectrum di vessel , 3 pumps , digital controllers , 9 kw boiler

Dazzler3370

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2017, 06:19:32 pm »
Why don't you just fit a heating element Dazmond.

Ive got a 3KW 27inch, got a electrician to fit an 16 amp out door socket and upgrade electrics and 
 put a timer inside.
Cost was probably £250:00 all in.

Dazzler 

Dazzler

Stoots

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2017, 06:28:25 pm »
Why don't you just fit a heating element Dazmond.

Ive got a 3KW 27inch, got a electrician to fit an 16 amp out door socket and upgrade electrics and 
 put a timer inside.
Cost was probably £250:00 all in.

Dazzler

Thats what i would do if i ever wanted hot, couple of immersion elements.

Must be mad to 1... Put gas in your van or 2... spend 5 grand on a diesel heater

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2017, 07:27:13 pm »
im gonna phone grippatank up tomorrow.you can just buy the heater,split relay,batteries and fitting on their website but i think i need to speak to them first before parting with the best part of  £4.5k! ;D

its a good 3 hour drive from manchester to their fitting centre but the new van could do with a good long drive.looking forward to it! :)

£4.5K its a lot of dosh isn't it just to go hot. I looked on their site yesterday and once its all totted up it comes to a lot of money. Think about it, for that kind of money you could get a reasonable second hand working vehicle.

spoke to oliver today.yep its a lot of money matt but tbh im sick to death of messing about with gas heaters and after my last scare with them ive been cold only which is fine but my hose is like wire esp during the last week or so and hot water is better than cold as you know esp for first cleans and add ons so ive bit the bullet.

with my new van ive decided to pay the balloon payment when the lease is up as i reckon itll last 10 years( at least).i only do around 4000 miles a year,if that.so i see it as an investment.now is a good time to fit a diesel heater at the start of my vans life.

there s  guys that have had these types of diesel heaters for 10 years+ with very little problems.yes they need a service now and then of course.

ive also opted for  the smart chargers for the van too as well as all fitting/plumbing etc.

nearly £750 is VAT out of nearly 4.5k!! ::)roll ;D

the thought of just being able to use hot water whenever i want(without running out of gas and having to change bottles!)and not having to worry at night when its below freezing(frost stat as standard on these heaters)and finally getting rid of my pumpbox(pump will be housed in the heater unit)swung it for me.

ive never had anything "professionally fitted" so its about time after 24 years of window cleaning! ;D
price higher/work harder!

Slacky

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2017, 07:33:47 pm »
When're you getting it done?

Frankybadboy

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2017, 08:07:53 pm »
When're you getting it done?
he not now  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2017, 08:08:31 pm »
ive had the quote from oliver and ive accepted it so he ll get back to me tomorrow probably matt.i think they can fit me in sometime in december so itll be an early xmas pressie to myself. 8)

he said they are VERY busy at the moment though.some of the grippa guys have been working night shifts to get through the work lately.

davids3511

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2017, 08:29:26 pm »
All the above suppliers you mentioned allnuse he same but they don’t use the main brain I now have it’s still a top C 300 series but it will still work on much lower voltage,the normal 1 will switch off at around 11-4volts mine will still run at 10 volts without turning off. You don’t need to charge every night mine is working I haven’t charged my batteries for over 6 months but it’s split charged if it drops to low at some jobs I turn the van on for more juice but I’m only doing this every now and again on large work when I’m there well over an hour,recirculating water back to tank keeps water piping hot when driving from job to job,any half decent garage will fit it for you 4 bolts through the floor and 2 1” holes for exhaust worth the money forget L5 toys.
I don't understand why you've  changed your system to one that will wotk at 10v. If you are running your battery that low you are damaging it. Why not just set it up do it never drops below 11.5v?

robert mitchell

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2017, 09:39:59 pm »
Dazmond ...... i was lucky enough to get a secondhand purefreedom 9kw diesel heater secondhand for £280 , fitted it myself and has been flawless for about a year now , would hate to be without it.
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2017, 10:55:24 pm »
Dazmond ...... i was lucky enough to get a secondhand purefreedom 9kw diesel heater secondhand for £280 , fitted it myself and has been flawless for about a year now , would hate to be without it.

i remember when you got it.im sure you just had to fix the pump if i recall correctly?

i wouldnt have a hope in hell of fitting it myself!drilling into my fuel tank and drilling holes in the floor for exhaust gases?i dont think so!ill leave it to the experts. ;)

Dry Clean

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2017, 11:27:02 pm »
Seriously Dazmond have you lost the plot ? an immersion heater will cost you a few hundred quid, do the same job, and you
wont have to drive your van until it falls apart, £4.5k for softer hoses and a couple of first cleans a year, (please take this constructively ) mate you need to give your head a wobble.

Stoots

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2017, 12:06:45 am »
Seriously Dazmond have you lost the plot ? an immersion heater will cost you a few hundred quid, do the same job, and you
wont have to drive your van until it falls apart, £4.5k for softer hoses and a couple of first cleans a year, (please take this constructively ) mate you need to give your head a wobble.

What is this stiff hose I hear of anyway? Can't remember ever having a stiff hose in winter. It's either frozen or it's not? Dont get it?

Dry Clean

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2017, 05:32:12 am »

What is this stiff hose I hear of anyway? Can't remember ever having a stiff hose in winter. It's either frozen or it's not? Dont get it?

I'm sure you will  have noticed the reel hose gets slightly stiffer in the cooler months, it wouldn't be a major concern to most.

Slacky

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2017, 05:45:38 am »
Mines permanently stiff. It’s why I’m awake at half past five in the morning.