This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Hot water systems 2
« on: November 08, 2017, 07:52:07 am »
ok so maybe i was a bit harsh on the hot water guys on another thread! ;D

i think my problems were changing gas bottles which was a pain sometimes,the obvious safety aspect(BOOM!!!!) and the general extra faff thats involved with gas heaters.also they dont keep the van from freezing overnight.

so diesel heaters?my main problems/doubts over the years have been the obvious initial cost and fitting,also IMO there is no point installing a diesel system in an old van if your going to need to change it in a few years.also do they need to be serviced every year?and how many extra batteries do you need to run it?

as ive got  a new van if i decide to keep it at the end of the lease it could easily last me 10 years so fitting a diesel hot system could be a good investment.

so basically you guys that use these systems just fill up with diesel  as usual and make sure you charge your batteries up every night?do they have frost stat so if the temp drops below a certain temperature the heater kicks in to stop everything freezing? as long as you keep it serviced hopefully it should last a long time.

im fine with cold water BUT obviously the hose is less manageable in the winter months and even though it doesnt speed me up using hot water it probably makes cleaning that bit easier overall.

also what heaters have you got?pure freedom?,grippatank?and can they fit them to any wfp system?

cheers guys
price higher/work harder!

Jonny 87

Re: hot water systems 2
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 08:03:06 am »
 ;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

p1w1

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 09:12:37 am »
It was bound to happen  ::)roll ;D. If you want to make a good investment to make your day easier get an electric reel.

davids3511

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 09:13:33 am »
Daz, pop over or meet up one day and Ill show you how my system is setup. Im using a webasto 90st from facelift and it was a bit mind boggling when I first got it but no I recon I could build my own if I needed to. As Spruce said, a Thermotop can be had for about £380 with all the bits.

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 09:30:30 am »
And there was me thinking hot made no difference Daz  ???     ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

NWH

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 11:02:15 am »
All the above suppliers you mentioned allnuse he same but they don’t use the main brain I now have it’s still a top C 300 series but it will still work on much lower voltage,the normal 1 will switch off at around 11-4volts mine will still run at 10 volts without turning off. You don’t need to charge every night mine is working I haven’t charged my batteries for over 6 months but it’s split charged if it drops to low at some jobs I turn the van on for more juice but I’m only doing this every now and again on large work when I’m there well over an hour,recirculating water back to tank keeps water piping hot when driving from job to job,any half decent garage will fit it for you 4 bolts through the floor and 2 1” holes for exhaust worth the money forget L5 toys.

NWH

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 11:06:41 am »
If I was to give any advise to anyone starting WFP I would say start with hot water and electric reel from day 1,hot water will show you that WFP works well and reduces complaints 10 fold imo snail trails bee spots in summer PVC it cleans all of them 100% better.

NWH

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 11:08:20 am »
Just the fact hat you can see your using hot water impresses existing and future customers.

johnwillan

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 11:32:45 am »

i think my problems were changing gas bottles which was a pain sometimes,the obvious safety aspect(BOOM!!!!) and the general extra faff thats involved with gas heaters.also they dont keep the van from freezing overnight.

so diesel heaters?my main problems/doubts over the years have been the obvious initial cost and fitting,also IMO there is no point installing a diesel system in an old van if your going to need to change it in a few years.also do they need to be serviced every year?and how many extra batteries do you need to run it?

as ive got  a new van if i decide to keep it at the end of the lease it could easily last me 10 years so fitting a diesel hot system could be a good investment.

so basically you guys that use these systems just fill up with diesel  as usual and make sure you charge your batteries up every night?do they have frost stat so if the temp drops below a certain temperature the heater kicks in to stop everything freezing? as long as you keep it serviced hopefully it should last a long time.

im fine with cold water BUT obviously the hose is less manageable in the winter months and even though it doesnt speed me up using hot water it probably makes cleaning that bit easier overall.

also what heaters have you got?pure freedom?,grippatank?and can they fit them to any wfp system?

cheers guys

Hi Dazmond

We use the Grippatank Hot Water System, as stated it uses the Van's diesel with safety measures in place to ensure the tank is not drained, batteries are charged via an intelligent Split Charger and the system incorporates a "Frost Stat". Simply connect the hose to the recirculation pipe at the end of each day, if temp falls to 2 degrees the system will "fire up" for ten minutes and repeat if required.

Very easy to use.

HTH

John

Dry Clean

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 11:43:08 am »
If I was to give any advise to anyone starting WFP I would say start with hot water and electric reel from day 1,hot water will show you that WFP works well and reduces complaints 10 fold imo snail trails bee spots in summer PVC it cleans all of them 100% better.

Jeeeze would you stop waffling crap, who are you trying to convince ? yourself ?, Dazmond is looking advice on a diesel system
because he thinks hot does, doesn't, does, doesn't , does, doesn't, does, doesn't, does make the job easier, he's not looking for another lecture on how you think its impossible to clean without it.

NWH

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 01:38:10 pm »
Frost mode is to stop everything freezing which is good we won’t talk about that too much though coz the cold users won’t umderstand this it’s far to complicated fo then to comprehend 😂,recirculating the water after each job when travelling will keep the water hotter and save battery life through the day.

combat1

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2017, 03:45:09 pm »
Easy Daz route your water through the heated seats!
Only joking and hope all is good with you.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2017, 05:49:28 pm »

cheers guys

Hi Dazmond

We use the Grippatank Hot Water System, as stated it uses the Van's diesel with safety measures in place to ensure the tank is not drained, batteries are charged via an intelligent Split Charger and the system incorporates a "Frost Stat". Simply connect the hose to the recirculation pipe at the end of each day, if temp falls to 2 degrees the system will "fire up" for ten minutes and repeat if required.

Very easy to use.

HTH

John

hi john ive been looking at the grippatank systems.not much change out of 4.5 k (with VAT)and fitting.that includes the split relay and batteries as well as the custom cabinet.can they fit them to any system?

NWH

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2017, 06:31:03 pm »
If you have 2 lengths of 1/2” hose you can fit it to anything,you can buy the kit for 1200 so 2500 for the metal cabinet and that’s no bull if you know what your buying when you add it all up that’s very close to the price.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2017, 06:45:13 pm »
im gonna phone grippatank up tomorrow.you can just buy the heater,split relay,batteries and fitting on their website but i think i need to speak to them first before parting with the best part of  £4.5k! ;D

its a good 3 hour drive from manchester to their fitting centre but the new van could do with a good long drive.looking forward to it! :)

NWH

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2017, 06:56:09 pm »
You drive it to them and they’ll drop the van back to you.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2017, 11:06:42 pm »

how would i get home then?train?ill book myself into a hotel while im there.cambridgeshire has gotta be better than grimsby! :)

KS Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2017, 11:18:50 pm »

how would i get home then?train?ill book myself into a hotel while im there.cambridgeshire has gotta be better than grimsby! :)
You'll probably change your mind again about hot water halfway down the road so if you're booking a hotel make sure you book one that accepts cancellations ;D

andyM

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2017, 07:11:07 am »

Why would you want to stay at a Hotel in Cambridgeshire?
GrippaTank are in Bedfordshire aint they?
One of the Plebs

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2017, 08:31:58 am »

Why would you want to stay at a Hotel in Cambridgeshire?
GrippaTank are in Bedfordshire aint they?

the fitting centre is in cambridgeshire mate. ;)