This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H2GoKent

diesel water heater
« on: January 09, 2021, 01:29:19 pm »
Which diesel water heater would people recommend?

Preferably based on their experience.
Cheers
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

NWH

Re: diesel water heater
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 04:02:47 pm »
Grippa

dd

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 06:52:18 pm »
They did not do a good job for Daz.

They had to come out and fix it once and the other two faults he had he got sorted elsewhere, the latest to come to light a twisted pipe which led to him having to replace the burner and using more diesel.

Jonny 87

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 09:23:46 pm »
Grippa for me.

2 years old, never serviced, flawless hot water every day.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

NWH

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 09:48:47 pm »
Other suppliers sell them but offer little support and know little about them,they also don’t offer to come to your house to service and replace bits on them.

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 10:19:33 pm »
Grippatank we have there two man 9 kw set up can’t fault it , dazmonds is also Grippatank he did initially have a couple of problems with it , having had / tried most makes of boilers I feel Grippatank is the best and there after sales service is good , I know some on hear have had bad experiences with them , I think this has been due to a small family business growing rapidly and not being able to keep up with demand , hopefully they are better now with less issues with there supplies chain .

KS Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 11:57:32 pm »
Other suppliers sell them but offer little support and know little about them,they also don’t offer to come to your house to service and replace bits on them.
Out of blind loyalty to Grippa you make assumptions that other suppliers know little about Webasto heaters.
Grippa don’t offer to carry out a service at your house either, if they did why didn’t Daz book their ‘ at your door service ’when he was scouring his area looking for a service agent?

dd

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 11:39:57 am »
The issues Daz had were down to a lack of technical knowledge and poor workmanship.

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 04:57:51 pm »
Your always gonna get little niggles with any system whether its diesel or not....

I've had 3 years of virtually trouble free service out of mine.....

Yes fuel integration should of been checked with the engine off after installation but grippatank sorted it straight away.....

Other little niggles included a fuel pipe leak which my local garage sorted and
a fuse holder needed replacing which I did myself....

Burner and glow pin replacement should be done once a year....mine was well overdue after 3 years....

A bit of pipework was replaced as the hot water was causing it to kink as well....

Its working great again now......

Most of the time its trouble free..

I will get another one installed in another 10 years or so when I buy another van.....👍
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2021, 07:20:04 pm »
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Don Kee

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2021, 08:25:53 pm »
Your always gonna get little niggles with any system whether its diesel or not....

Yes fuel integration should of been checked with the engine off after installation but grippatank sorted it straight away.....

Burner and glow pin replacement should be done once a year....mine was well overdue after 3 years....

A bit of pipework was replaced as the hot water was causing it to kink as well....

I will get another one installed in another 10 years or so when I buy another van.....👍

That’s five issues in three years then?

NWH

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2021, 08:33:17 pm »
They are very reliable you need a decent charging setup regarding batteries I have a simple plug into the side of the van setup apart from that just press a button,funny how this time of the year hot water becomes the main topic,I can’t imagine being North of Leamington Spa this last 6 weeks or so trying to keep the van frost free in Arctic conditions 🤣🤣,I’d pay 5 grand just for the frost stat the amount of days I hear blokes tell me they’ve had freezing up issues is a joke.

Don Kee

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2021, 08:38:14 pm »

the amount of days I hear blokes tell me they’ve had freezing up issues is a joke.

How many blokes and how many days?

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2021, 09:22:17 pm »

That’s five issues in three years then?
Yes...life is full of problems/issues......its how i deal with them and overcome them which builds my character and makes me happy....

99% of the time my heater works just ....👍
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2021, 09:54:10 pm »
Soon as the temperature drops and the weather turns all of a sudden hot waters not such a bad idea🤣,keeps you going in the winter and cleans better in the summer well worth the 5000 notes can’t see the point in having something that you “need” to earn a living freezing up during the winter and stopping you doing just that.

Don Kee

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2021, 10:03:52 pm »
Soon as the temperature drops and the weather turns all of a sudden hot waters not such a bad idea🤣,keeps you going in the winter and cleans better in the summer well worth the 5000 notes can’t see the point in having something that you “need” to earn a living freezing up during the winter and stopping you doing just that.

the amount of days I hear blokes tell me they’ve had freezing up issues is a joke.

Don Kee

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2021, 10:07:09 pm »

Yes...life is full of problems/issues......its how i deal with them and overcome them which builds my character and makes me happy....

99% of the time my heater works just ....👍

Very sage.

G Griffin

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2021, 10:18:58 am »

It was an Englishman, Irishman and Scottish man.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NWH

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2021, 01:10:15 pm »
Summer you don’t need hot water blah blah blah Autumn what do you need hot for, winter does anyone know where I can get a 2-3kw heater element please quickly 🤣🤣🤣🤣 my vans freezing up I can’t work lol you couldn’t write a script like it.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2021, 01:12:12 pm »
I told you the frost stat feature alone is worth the 5 bags.