This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Re: diesel water heater
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2021, 06:07:35 pm »
Meanwhile while NWH drones on about paying 5K for frost protection, the immersion boys get just as good for about £100.
It's a game of three halves!

NWH

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2021, 06:20:52 pm »
I might get my plumber to fit me an element on my static setup when it’s all replaced in a couple on months time,I don’t need it but I just love hot water 🤣🤣

NWH

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2021, 06:21:58 pm »
As long as it’s only flicking another switch I’m up for it 💪

AuRavelling79

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2021, 06:27:29 pm »
I might get my plumber to fit me an element on my static setup when it’s all replaced in a couple on months time,I don’t need it but I just love hot water 🤣🤣

And what type of tank does your static set up have?

NWH

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2021, 06:40:09 pm »
Don’t know yet I’m looking into it at the moment.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2021, 06:42:14 pm »
Don’t know yet I’m looking into it at the moment.

Eh? You mean you don't have water stored?

NWH

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2021, 07:42:01 pm »
Yes I do I’m replacing everything this year

dazmond

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2021, 07:45:51 pm »
i love my diesel water heater...id never be without one now for the rest of my window cleaning life...which will hopefully be another 25-30 years yet..... :)
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2021, 08:06:29 pm »
I can’t believe why people don’t just buy 1 it’s a business purchase and it would work out pennies a week if someone got one on finance.

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2021, 09:37:53 pm »
I don’t think it would be pennies per week ::)roll
Fuel costs alone at least £15-£20 in diesel

Then £5000 spread over 5 - 8yrs again £15-£20
per week.

So top end £160 a month

You would have to make up for 2 weeks worth of work a year.

H2GoKent

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2021, 09:40:41 pm »
I can’t believe why people don’t just buy 1 it’s a business purchase and it would work out pennies a week if someone got one on finance.
Not sure I agree with you on that.
If I spent £3k+ on a diesel heater for those 5 days every couple of years I might need it, doesn't seem a good return on my money.
I would rather put the money in my pocket or my pension.
I also feel if you add complexity to a simple system it just means more things to go wrong.
I fitted my own system and because I know what I'm doing it works and I never have to touch it, so that's £5k I've got that I wouldn't have
I do think a good van gets you better work, as wealthy customers like that you park your nicer van out the front and therefore they are happier to pay the highier price. Silly I know but that's some people. But whats inside the nice van? customers do not care.

I've looked at various heaters (hence the posted question) and have decided I'm going to fit an immersion again like I did before, works very well, took a couple of hours, is perfectly adequate for what I need.

I think mocking other people who don't splash out on things they don't need just makes the person mocking look insecure.
I often wonder if people who do spend a lot when they don't need to or trying to give themselves status to compensate for the fact they do a menial job.
Personally I'm only doing my job to make money and so my profit margin is very important to me

Back when I was employed I used to have a company car, expense account, staying in hotels for work, all the toys etc, looked like I was doing well, truth was I always living month to month and working 60-70 hours a week to maintain that look, I made good money but had no time I grew up got free of all that

A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

NWH

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2021, 09:46:40 pm »
If you can’t afford to invest or don’t have 5 grand to buy a heater for your business I suggest you get a job working for someone else.

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2021, 10:14:48 pm »
If you can’t afford to invest or don’t have 5 grand to buy a heater for your business I suggest you get a job working for someone else.

A good investment is trying to use your money wisely. There are far wiser ways of investing your money.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2021, 10:20:36 pm »

Idiotic drivel.

Many of us can afford £5,000 if we believe it will be a wise spend of our money. Same as some buy brand new vans, some buy secondhand; some buy ready made systems, some build their own.

If I was doing first cleans; heavily soiled cleans or had staff that were doing those things I would happily buy the kit.

Same as some invest and do well with gutter cleaning kit. Some choose not to.

Some people spend lots of money on cars, motorbikes, holidays - others spend it on property, investments or staff and build their round.

Some are able and willing to do both.

It is better to be an insightful Nigel than an inciteful "Nob With Heater."

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2021, 10:29:34 pm »
I think this forum needs 'nob with heater' alert button. Like a notification/warning that the nob has appeared,  so everyone else can switch off!
Comfortably Numb!

H2GoKent

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2021, 10:37:20 pm »
So are you saying that if someone doesn't have hot  water it's because they can't afford it.
I find that quite funny ;D you know nothing about my business or most people's on here.  Perhaps they don't want/need it

Here's a thought experiment: If london buses had heated seats that gave massages they would get more passengers, probably. Why don't they fit seats like that to buses?
Because the return on the investment isn't there., just because I have the money doesn't mean I want to spend, I'm not 10 years old for God's sake
Personally I don't need hot water, I really really don't. I know you find that hard to believe but it is the case.

I always consider the difference between an asset and a liability.  Do the maths, I did, took me five mins, decision made, moved on.
Anything you buy for your business that doesn't pay for itself in some form is lost money. If I don't feel the need to buy it I won't.
If I felt the need to buy it I would, but I'm not going to buy just because you think I should

Anyway I have just realised I've fallen into the trap of feeding a troll, I'll stop now

A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

NWH

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2021, 11:28:14 pm »
WFP systems should come as hot they clean  far better overall and allow you to work all year in all temperatures,if I made systems they’d all come hot.  All cold water does is allow you to maintain already clean windows,perish the thought you ever come across anything green-baked on bird crap or coastal work a hot system keeps you working and cleans all of the above with ease to a greater standard,saying that if you can’t afford 50-60 notes a week to get one on finance stay out in the cold 🥶
😉 😉

NWH

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2021, 11:32:37 pm »
So are you saying that if someone doesn't have hot  water it's because they can't afford it.
I find that quite funny ;D you know nothing about my business or most people's on here.  Perhaps they don't want/need it

Here's a thought experiment: If london buses had heated seats that gave massages they would get more passengers, probably. Why don't they fit seats like that to buses?
Because the return on the investment isn't there., just because I have the money doesn't mean I want to spend, I'm not 10 years old for God's sake
Personally I don't need hot water, I really really don't. I know you find that hard to believe but it is the case.

I always consider the difference between an asset and a liability.  Do the maths, I did, took me five mins, decision made, moved on.
Anything you buy for your business that doesn't pay for itself in some form is lost money. If I don't feel the need to buy it I won't.
If I felt the need to buy it I would, but I'm not going to buy just because you think I should

Anyway I have just realised I've fallen into the trap of feeding a troll, I'll stop now

The return on you’re investment lol it’s 5 grand for F***s sake it’ll last you 10 years or more and it’ll give you 10 or more hassle free winters,you obviously don’t clean anything dirty. 

NWH

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2021, 11:46:17 pm »
Not sure I agree with you on that.
If I spent £3k+ on a diesel heater for those 5 days every couple of years I might need it, doesn't seem a good return on my money.
I would rather put the money in my pocket or my pension.
I also feel if you add complexity to a simple system it just means more things to go wrong.
I fitted my own system and because I know what I'm doing it works and I never have to touch it, so that's £5k I've got that I wouldn't have
I do think a good van gets you better work, as wealthy customers like that you park your nicer van out the front and therefore they are happier to pay the highier price. Silly I know but that's some people. But whats inside the nice van? customers do not care.

I've looked at various heaters (hence the posted question) and have decided I'm going to fit an immersion again like I did before, works very well, took a couple of hours, is perfectly adequate for what I need.

I think mocking other people who don't splash out on things they don't need just makes the person mocking look insecure.
I often wonder if people who do spend a lot when they don't need to or trying to give themselves status to compensate for the fact they do a menial job.
Personally I'm only doing my job to make money and so my profit margin is very important to me

Back when I was employed I used to have a company car, expense account, staying in hotels for work, all the toys etc, looked like I was doing well, truth was I always living month to month and working 60-70 hours a week to maintain that look, I made good money but had no time I grew up got free of all that

I’ve got a big investment  coming up next week they said if I invest 5 grand I’ll recoup my investment in 40 years or so with the rates they are offering at the moment providing I don’t touch it 🤣🤣🤣.

G Griffin

« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2021, 12:51:47 am »
i love my diesel water heater...id never be without one now for the rest of my window cleaning life...which will hopefully be another 25-30 years yet..... :)
In a world of Co-vid, Brexit, Trump, Man United back at the top of the League and The Masked Singer, you can always rely on Daz to raise your spirits.
That's the nicest thing I've ever read on here  :'(.
Good lad, Daz  ;).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐