Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Grippatank 9kw Hydroheat 🔥
« Reply #520 on: December 14, 2018, 09:06:52 am »
I reckon I’m about £80 per week on diesel now. Used to be £40.

That £80 does me about 200 miles of driving, and piping hot water for all my 5 star customers.  ;D

The reason I didn’t want to have a seperate fuel tank for the heater was the faff of filling it up (invariably spilling a drop or two every now and again) and I wanted to not ever have to think about prepping the heater. Flick a switch, job done. Put fuel in my van at the start of the working week and job done.

It’s the perfect set up for a window cleaner with a full workload that wants to make there day as easy as possible.

you must work long hours jonny........mind you your 16 years younger than me!im just a part timer these days... :)
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #521 on: December 14, 2018, 10:18:30 am »
Why bother trying to set that up when you can buy my thermo 1 heater all in the cabinet,all the  DIY skills you’ll need is drilling 2 holes in van floor £550 take it away.

a900

« Reply #522 on: December 14, 2018, 10:24:45 am »
That’s a pretty decent price to get into diesel hot water

What you using now NWH? You set up a DIY system yourself didn’t you Or am I getting confused?

NWH

« Reply #523 on: December 14, 2018, 10:30:12 am »
I’ve just got a 2 man 9 kw from grippa the heater exchanger frost stat and heat sensor all under 6 months old the heat sensor is still in the bag brand new,can’t believe no one wants it for that price.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #524 on: December 14, 2018, 12:01:24 pm »
£20  to heat between 1500 and 2000lts of water to 60degrees , not joking you and Nathan K  should go into energy saving water heaters, you could make some real money and help solve global warming at the same time. lol

To raise 1 L of water by 1C takes 4,400 joules. To raise 2,000 litres by 55C (assuming it's starting at 5C) will require 484million joules. There are 3.6million joules in a KwH, so you'll need 134KwH. Even using standard rate electricity at about 12.5p per KwH, that's about £17. What's the problem?

Vin

Jonny 87

« Reply #525 on: December 14, 2018, 12:39:11 pm »
I reckon I’m about £80 per week on diesel now. Used to be £40.

That £80 does me about 200 miles of driving, and piping hot water for all my 5 star customers.  ;D

The reason I didn’t want to have a seperate fuel tank for the heater was the faff of filling it up (invariably spilling a drop or two every now and again) and I wanted to not ever have to think about prepping the heater. Flick a switch, job done. Put fuel in my van at the start of the working week and job done.

It’s the perfect set up for a window cleaner with a full workload that wants to make there day as easy as possible.

you must work long hours jonny........mind you your 16 years younger than me!im just a part timer these days... :)

It’s not too bad mate, I can’t complain. Mon-fri about 8 -4.  👍 some days later if it’s a big day.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

P @ F

« Reply #526 on: December 14, 2018, 07:05:16 pm »
On the heat exchanger , can I ask what the metal braided hose is for , the one that runs from inlet to outlet , logic tells me its a bypass , I am assuming to send some heated coolant back to the header ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

NWH

« Reply #527 on: December 14, 2018, 07:27:59 pm »
It’s for the needle valve you can let cold water in to adjust the heat.

Jonny 87

« Reply #528 on: December 14, 2018, 07:28:40 pm »
On the heat exchanger , can I ask what the metal braided hose is for , the one that runs from inlet to outlet , logic tells me its a bypass , I am assuming to send some heated coolant back to the header ?

On mine?

The braided hose is connected to the mixer valve. That allows you to adjust the temperature. When you turn the mixer valve down you are essentially bypassing more coolant back to the header.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

a900

« Reply #529 on: December 14, 2018, 07:29:21 pm »

The one that runs from the inlet to the outlet is for sending cold water that’s come from the pump and before it goes into the exchanger to mix with the hot that’s come out of the exchanger. There is then a thermostatic mixer valve which mixes this cold with the hot out of the exchanger depending on where the dial is turned 2. I used the same mixing valve as all the diesel heater manufacturers because I knew it would have the correct temperate range capability. I’m sure one could be found cheaper that covers the same  temperature ranges.

The other braided hose is because it came in a pack of 2 😂😂 as well as bringing the hot to the bottom of the board where I wanted it.

a900

« Reply #530 on: December 14, 2018, 07:30:37 pm »
Should have read the other replies because I’ve basically given a long winded answer to others 😂😂😂

Jonny 87

« Reply #531 on: December 14, 2018, 08:01:14 pm »
Should have read the other replies because I’ve basically given a long winded answer to others 😂😂😂

Yours was just more precise.  ;)

Jonny 87

« Reply #532 on: December 14, 2018, 08:05:06 pm »
£20  to heat between 1500 and 2000lts of water to 60degrees , not joking you and Nathan K  should go into energy saving water heaters, you could make some real money and help solve global warming at the same time. lol

To raise 1 L of water by 1C takes 4,400 joules. To raise 2,000 litres by 55C (assuming it's starting at 5C) will require 484million joules. There are 3.6million joules in a KwH, so you'll need 134KwH. Even using standard rate electricity at about 12.5p per KwH, that's about £17. What's the problem?

Vin

I think Sean is furiously googling a response.

It’s taking him a lot longer than usual.  ;D

Dry Clean

« Reply #533 on: December 14, 2018, 09:21:13 pm »

Vin

I think Sean is furiously googling a response.

It’s taking him a lot longer than usual.  ;D

It wouldn't link, a 9kw electric shower costs 25p per ten minutes of usage, but that going by the 2018 UK average electricity price of 16p, as I keep telling Nathan the heating calculators give the best possible results.
That said I would also need to know the flow at 60degrees to compare the actual cost per litre.

P @ F

« Reply #534 on: December 14, 2018, 09:35:44 pm »
I just bought a load of rubbish off Ebay , gonna take a grinder and welder to it , if I can get 40 at the brush head I will be a happy bunny  ;D ;D ;D
I normally come through ok in times like this  :)

a900

« Reply #535 on: December 14, 2018, 09:37:16 pm »
I just bought a load of rubbish off Ebay , gonna take a grinder and welder to it , if I can get 40 at the brush head I will be a happy bunny  ;D ;D ;D
I normally come through ok in times like this  :)

Feel like this is for the DIY topic. But what did you buy?

P @ F

« Reply #536 on: December 14, 2018, 09:39:40 pm »
Cant say chief , see I'm waiting on the patent to come through  ;D ;D ;D

P @ F

« Reply #537 on: December 14, 2018, 09:43:01 pm »
Nah , nothing yet , still doing my homework for the mo !
Dopey Daz thinks I'm going up to Grippa in January  ;D ;D ;D ;D

a900

« Reply #538 on: December 14, 2018, 09:50:40 pm »
Cant say chief , see I'm waiting on the patent to come through  ;D ;D ;D

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Perfect Windows

« Reply #539 on: December 15, 2018, 02:31:34 pm »
It wouldn't link, a 9kw electric shower costs 25p per ten minutes of usage, but that going by the 2018 UK average electricity price of 16p, as I keep telling Nathan the heating calculators give the best possible results.
That said I would also need to know the flow at 60degrees to compare the actual cost per litre.

You can calculate the necessary flow rate.

(Note: I was working from memory before. The heat required to raise 1L or water by 1C is 4,200 joules, not 4,400)

A 9kW heater will raise the temperature of 1L of water by 2.14C every second. So, for  55C increase, it'll take about 26 seconds. So the flow rate would have to be 2.3L per minute.

And, guess what, that would mean that to heat 2,000 litres, you'd need to run it for 870 minutes, or 87 of your ten minute units that cost 25p each, which comes to £21.75.  Or, if you prefer to use my 12.5p per unit rather than your 16p, amazingly, about £17. Same as before.

The laws of physics can be so inflexible.

Vin

PS, if you're paying 16p per unit, can I recommend www.uswitch.com ?