This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: Grippatank 9kw Hydroheat 🔥
« Reply #480 on: December 13, 2018, 10:01:26 am »
I see what you are saying about vision but these hot systems are different gravy pal.

a900

« Reply #481 on: December 13, 2018, 12:17:26 pm »
I remember the first time I used ‘hot hot’ on a conservatory roof. (Jobs I kinda hate but take on because always end up perched up a ladder. Send the helper now) Made the job so much easier. Muchless Scrubbing so time saved. Also water saved.

Defo helps with regularly cleaned Windows too.(besides being nicer to work with) But the monetary value isn’t as high based on time saved v initial and ongoing running costs when compared to a conservatory roof or facia job.

But I’ve currently spent £690 building my 9.1 kw system running 1 pump (2 to come) and running it on 25% waste and red diesel. Yesterday used about 2.5l fuel costing around £1.50 for a days work. Did I save enough time over the day to clean £1.50 worth of Windows. Definitely.

After all we are businesses focused on making money. A profit. I feel the investment is worth it to my business.

P @ F

« Reply #482 on: December 13, 2018, 04:13:00 pm »
I remember the first time I used ‘hot hot’ on a conservatory roof. (Jobs I kinda hate but take on because always end up perched up a ladder. Send the helper now) Made the job so much easier. Muchless Scrubbing so time saved. Also water saved.

Defo helps with regularly cleaned Windows too.(besides being nicer to work with) But the monetary value isn’t as high based on time saved v initial and ongoing running costs when compared to a conservatory roof or facia job.

But I’ve currently spent £690 building my 9.1 kw system running 1 pump (2 to come) and running it on 25% waste and red diesel. Yesterday used about 2.5l fuel costing around £1.50 for a days work. Did I save enough time over the day to clean £1.50 worth of Windows. Definitely.

After all we are businesses focused on making money. A profit. I feel the investment is worth it to my business.
Well done , sounds great , any chance of me seeing what you have used to build it all please ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #483 on: December 13, 2018, 04:15:57 pm »
Or better still , a nice little piccy for me to peruse  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #484 on: December 13, 2018, 04:34:56 pm »

as long as i can make roughly 30k profit every year after all expenses,insurances and taxes are deducted im not arsed about the £20 a week it costs me to run my diesel heater every day all year round.even the initial cost of 4.5k over 10 years isnt massive amounts of money to spend on a safe water heater with frost stat IMO.....£450 a year which for me is around 2 days work......
price higher/work harder!

Dry Clean

« Reply #485 on: December 13, 2018, 04:52:53 pm »

as long as i can make roughly 30k profit every year after all expenses,insurances and taxes are deducted im not arsed about the £20 a week it costs me to run my diesel heater every day all year round.even the initial cost of 4.5k over 10 years isnt massive amounts of money to spend on a safe water heater with frost stat IMO.....£450 a year which for me is around 2 days work......

£20  to heat between 1500 and 2000lts of water to 60degrees , not joking you and Nathan K  should go into energy saving water heaters, you could make some real money and help solve global warming at the same time. lol

Splash & dash

« Reply #486 on: December 13, 2018, 05:31:07 pm »

£20  to heat between 1500 and 2000lts of water to 60degrees , not joking you and Nathan K  should go into energy saving water heaters, you could make some real money and help solve global warming at the same time. lol

We spend around £60-80 per week to heat 1000 ltr per day but that also includes driving but not much mileage

NWH

« Reply #487 on: December 13, 2018, 05:58:25 pm »
Pittance for piping hot water lol how much are you boys earning lol,20 notes a week are you running a business or just enough to go down t pub 😂

dazmond

« Reply #488 on: December 13, 2018, 06:20:51 pm »

i use around 2000-2300L a week so yes it costs around £20 to heat that water,my heater is on for around 6 hours a day,works out at £4-£5 per day.....i can live with that..... 8)

P @ F

« Reply #489 on: December 13, 2018, 06:27:07 pm »
How much is diesel in your neck of the woods Daz ?

NWH

« Reply #490 on: December 13, 2018, 06:41:50 pm »
Does diesel differ anywhere in the uk then

dazmond

« Reply #491 on: December 13, 2018, 06:43:57 pm »
How much is diesel in your neck of the woods Daz ?

its 126.9 p/l at the moment rich.....

dazmond

« Reply #492 on: December 13, 2018, 06:47:54 pm »
its 145.9 p/l where most of my work is ATM but its because its a posh area!i never fill up there for obvious reasons! ;D

P @ F

« Reply #493 on: December 13, 2018, 06:50:22 pm »
Im paying £1.40 a litre at the mo , thats proper garage price , cant be doing with supermarket queues  ::)roll

dazmond

« Reply #494 on: December 13, 2018, 06:53:06 pm »
Does diesel differ anywhere in the uk then

of course it does...every garage its different prices near me.....the posher the area the more expensive diesel is,sometimes up to 20p a litre more expensive.....the supermarket garages are usually the cheapest.....

P @ F

« Reply #495 on: December 13, 2018, 07:00:18 pm »
Daz your heater must really be a duffer then  ;D

6 hours constant run at full is 5.4L , X £1.27 is £6.85 a day or £34.29 a week .....not £20 is it  ;D ;D

Dry Clean

« Reply #496 on: December 13, 2018, 07:19:34 pm »

6 hours constant run at full is 5.4L , X £1.27 is £6.85 a day or £34.29 a week .....not £20 is it  ;D ;D

Even that sounds cheap, think of what it would cost to run a 9kw electric shower at 60 degrees for 6 hours a day five days a week and it wont include the fuel duty you have to pay on diesel.

dazmond

« Reply #497 on: December 13, 2018, 07:24:12 pm »

some days im only working 4 hours a day so the heater is probably only on for 4 hours 45 mins(30 mins lunch and 15 mins drive to work first thing)so not 6 hours  every day.......im a part timer like you now rich! ;) :)

dazmond

« Reply #498 on: December 13, 2018, 07:26:48 pm »
i used to put £40 a month in diesel in my van before my heater,now its £120 thats where i got my figures from rich....

P @ F

« Reply #499 on: December 13, 2018, 07:41:15 pm »
This is why I want mine to run off its own tank , I can then run red , kerosene , oil or whatever !