Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

a900

Re: Grippatank 9kw Hydroheat 🔥
« Reply #500 on: December 13, 2018, 07:58:48 pm »
Or better still , a nice little piccy for me to peruse  ;D

I can’t for the life of me work out how to add a photo off my iPhone. Even when I change it to jpg it won’t upload.

a900

« Reply #501 on: December 13, 2018, 08:05:13 pm »
This is why I want mine to run off its own tank , I can then run red , kerosene , oil or whatever !

I’m going to try kerosene next (know it will run just wondering the saving and if it will allow more mix of waste oil). Any big multivan operations could save a tidy sum ordering in bulk. Even then I can get red diesel at 82p Litre for a 25l drum. Much cheaper than pump prices.

These heater produce 9.1 kw on full whack at 1.1l of diesel an hour. But in reality they don’t need to run at full capacity all the time with pump stop start and shut off between jobs. Hence using less than 1.1l an hour as Daz has shown

NWH

« Reply #502 on: December 13, 2018, 08:13:52 pm »
I ran my other heater on Kerosene it ran fine less smell and smoke for sure,it worked out half the price of general diesel,I know someone that has a pump at a farm  I clean and I could use it as and when I wanted that’s why I used it.
You can buy it in 20 liter containers at my local garage but it’s a lot more buying it like that,dirt cheap at the pump not many garages do it but 1 of the stations close to me have 2 pumps for it as well.

dazmond

« Reply #503 on: December 13, 2018, 08:55:13 pm »
Or better still , a nice little piccy for me to peruse  ;D

I can’t for the life of me work out how to add a photo off my iPhone. Even when I change it to jpg it won’t upload.

make your pic into a screenshot and it should upload.... ;)

this is what i do on my samsung S8+.....
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #504 on: December 13, 2018, 09:09:51 pm »
I feel your pain ......if I want to upload from iphone I have to send to PC then resize so the forum can take it  :-[
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dazmond

« Reply #505 on: December 13, 2018, 09:09:58 pm »
This is why I want mine to run off its own tank , I can then run red , kerosene , oil or whatever !

I’m going to try kerosene next (know it will run just wondering the saving and if it will allow more mix of waste oil). Any big multivan operations could save a tidy sum ordering in bulk. Even then I can get red diesel at 82p Litre for a 25l drum. Much cheaper than pump prices.

These heater produce 9.1 kw on full whack at 1.1l of diesel an hour. But in reality they don’t need to run at full capacity all the time with pump stop start and shut off between jobs. Hence using less than 1.1l an hour as Daz has shown

i dont let my heater shut down all day,its running full whack for 5 or 6 hours a day(i recirculate between jobs or lunch breaks,etc).....oliver told me its the best way to run these heaters plus it keeps the water consistently hot....

i prefer the heater plumbed into my vans diesel tank  so its nice and easy to fill up,no messing about with other fuels or tanks,i used to hate changing gas bottles when i had my gas heater,diesel is far less hassle....

dazmond

« Reply #506 on: December 13, 2018, 09:10:45 pm »
I feel your pain ......if I want to upload from iphone I have to send to PC then resize so the forum can take it  :-[
again....screenshot it then upload it.........it should be fine then....

P @ F

« Reply #507 on: December 13, 2018, 09:25:25 pm »
Hmm

a900

« Reply #508 on: December 13, 2018, 09:30:17 pm »

Tried that. Can’t get it to work

But managed to post a vid I had from last week to YouTube. https://youtu.be/Nc7Q_PUGP3I

NWH

« Reply #509 on: December 13, 2018, 10:08:10 pm »
If you use a separate diesel tank you will get spills I was careful but always did,it stinks the van out it goes everywhere when it spills.
The only benefit having a separate tank is that you see how little they cost to run.

P @ F

« Reply #510 on: December 13, 2018, 10:25:23 pm »

But managed to post a vid I had from last week to YouTube. https://youtu.be/Nc7Q_PUGP3I
I like that very much , how much coolant is in the system and do you know what rate it gets pumped through the exchanger at , also whats the specs of the exchanger !!!
Just making the most out of cutting down my trial and error  ;D

Splash & dash

« Reply #511 on: December 13, 2018, 11:02:46 pm »

I like that very much , how much coolant is in the system and do you know what rate it gets pumped through the exchanger at , also whats the specs of the exchanger !!!

It would be far easier and quicker to just get Grippatank to fit one for you no hassle and trying to bodge it up yourself 😂😂😂😂 all the time you will spend fiddling with it if you worked those hours it would pay for its self

P @ F

« Reply #512 on: December 14, 2018, 01:36:47 am »
You should change your name to Splash the Cash  ;D
Why on earth would you rather spend 4.5k as opposed to 1k if the end result is the same ?
Still , crack on bud because Grippa loves ya !!

P @ F

« Reply #513 on: December 14, 2018, 01:42:35 am »
Most of the time you will find that the people who poo poo DIY are the type that dont know one end of a screwdriver from the other  ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

a900

« Reply #514 on: December 14, 2018, 07:55:57 am »

It would be far easier and quicker to just get Grippatank to fit one for you no hassle and trying to bodge it up yourself 😂😂😂😂 all the time you will spend fiddling with it if you worked those hours it would pay for its self

For most people I agree. I’ve got friends who are window cleaners who don’t know how to connect a hose onto their reel or how to connect a pump up.

On the other hand there are many on here that do and can DIY. For them it’s either cost effective. I’ve enjoyed building my system. Ive moves on to an auto recirculating. Also a frostat that costs about £8.

F@p the system capacity of the loop must only be around 5l.
 .9 in the exchanger
.15 in the heater
2.5-5 in the  reservoir

It’s getting pumped through at the rate provided by the circulation pump. Rated something like 1600l/h

I think I’ve added the specs of the exchanger in a pdf to the post. It’s probs much bigger than needed. I based what I needed on being no smaller than the Webasto one that comes with the professional set ups. The water comes out the exchanger very hot still on the recirculation side. So loads of energy left. This is with the water at 65 at brush.

Any other questions I will try to help

dazmond

« Reply #515 on: December 14, 2018, 08:37:15 am »

i dont think you should have the heater fitted to a bit of wood...what are you going to do with the exhaust,surely its got to go through the van floor?and where is the air inlet?

other than that it looks great(and sounds the same as mine)

dazmond

« Reply #516 on: December 14, 2018, 08:38:53 am »
i think you should start another thread entitled "DIY diesel heater"....im sure lots of other window cleaners would be interested in your set up on the cheap......

a900

« Reply #517 on: December 14, 2018, 08:53:46 am »

i dont think you should have the heater fitted to a bit of wood...what are you going to do with the exhaust,surely its got to go through the van floor?and where is the air inlet?

other than that it looks great(and sounds the same as mine)

That vid was during testing so not finished. It’s all hidden now. The board doesn’t get hot. Defo isn’t an issue. The heater and all pipe work is raised of the board. It’s also all hidden behind a painted ply board for now. That’s what the legs are for show in the picture. Ultimate aim is to mount it in a stainless steel case. I just didn’t want to buy anything until I have 2 man set up as I want to be sure on how tight I can pack it so know what size case I need. Plus not in a rush as I want to wait for a bargin. Like the nearly new heat exchanger which with postage was £47. As you can see in the quote someone paid a lot more.

Air inlet is in the van. Routed to the internal structure near the rear lights. Couldn’t bring myself to cut another hole in the floor. Especially with no intake filter. Was worried it would take on road dirt and rain especially when running while driving.

The exhaust was routed the next day through the floor. So all safe with fumes out of the van.  (Never could bring myself to drill the giant hole needed for the propane heater)

dazmond

« Reply #518 on: December 14, 2018, 08:53:54 am »
Most of the time you will find that the people who poo poo DIY are the type that dont know one end of a screwdriver from the other  ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

i can do basic DIY but i dont particular enjoy it(wiring in my electric cooker,putting up shelves,etc)but fitting a diesel heater in a van is not something i would attempt myself but good luck to those that want to. :)

Jonny 87

« Reply #519 on: December 14, 2018, 08:58:45 am »
I reckon I’m about £80 per week on diesel now. Used to be £40.

That £80 does me about 200 miles of driving, and piping hot water for all my 5 star customers.  ;D

The reason I didn’t want to have a seperate fuel tank for the heater was the faff of filling it up (invariably spilling a drop or two every now and again) and I wanted to not ever have to think about prepping the heater. Flick a switch, job done. Put fuel in my van at the start of the working week and job done.

It’s the perfect set up for a window cleaner with a full workload that wants to make there day as easy as possible.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher