This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jonny 87

Grippatank 9kw Hydroheat 🔥
« on: November 14, 2018, 09:53:51 pm »

It’s Been 2 weeks now since I had this heater fitted and what can I say.....I’m so glad I Went for it. For anyone thinking of going for it I’d highly recommend Grippatank. 

It’s a 2 man 9kw system, battery to battery charger, 2 x 115 amp batteries, and Hydroheat hoses, fully fitted in Cambridge over 2 days.

Everything from Start to finish has been great, service was 5 star. Grippa  even went as far as organising a lift for me and my wife to our hotel. Honestly can’t fault them.

I can adjust the temperatures from Luke warm, to scorching hot. It’s a really versatile unit. Jump in the van, turn the pumps on and after a few minutes of it heating up I’ve got hot water.

Over the years I’ve used immersion heaters, LPG and even drop in fish tank heaters, but now I’ve used this heater, I’m defintiely never going back. This is so simple to use, and it delivers just what I need.

Plus the frost stat on it saves me messing about with radiators and fan heaters in my van on those cold winters nights.

Very happy chap, and would recommend it to everyone. 👍
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Shrek

Re: Grippatank 9kw Hydroheat 🔥
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 09:54:45 pm »
How much

Jonny 87

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 09:57:13 pm »
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

bobplum

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 09:59:07 pm »
Getting mine fitted end of this month, plus speed liner on the floor

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 10:00:49 pm »
Do you have any leaks? They fitted the tank upside down!!  :o
Comfortably Numb!

Jonny 87

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 10:04:50 pm »
Do you have any leaks? They fitted the tank upside down!!  :o

🤣

That always happens when I post from my phone! Sort it out CIU.

High-Tower

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 07:10:56 am »
Where are the batteries positioned?
I’d always assumed they’d be within the cabinet.

Jonny 87

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 07:24:10 am »
Where are the batteries positioned?
I’d always assumed they’d be within the cabinet.

They are down the right hand side of my tank. The cabinet is very slim to take up as little room as possible. 👍

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 08:26:00 am »
i bet your well happy with that set up jonny!it certainly helps the day along and makes it more comfortable and easier....

yes....initial costs are high but that system should last you many years now......

like you ive  spent a few years with DIY hot systems and trying to do things on the cheap........
price higher/work harder!

Jonny 87

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2018, 08:33:41 am »
i bet your well happy with that set up jonny!it certainly helps the day along and makes it more comfortable and easier....

yes....initial costs are high but that system should last you many years now......

like you ive  spent a few years with DIY hot systems and trying to do things on the cheap........

That’s it daz. 👍

It’s a big purchase, but it’s going to last me many many years.

I’m at the stage where I want the easiest work day as possible. Nice hot water definitely helps you in those dark, cold and miserable days we have to sometimes work in.

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 08:41:51 am »

That’s it daz. 👍

I’m at the stage where I want the easiest work day as possible. Nice hot water definitely helps you in those dark, cold and miserable days we have to sometimes work in.

too right! ;D

BUT!how many other trades spend a lot of money on tools,vans etc?,much more than us window cleaners so a few thousand in the grand scheme of things is nothing long term esp if you have the heater installed in a new(or nearly new)van that your gonna keep for years and years......
price higher/work harder!

zesty

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2018, 08:55:57 am »
Looking good Jonny!

This is where a video would genuinely be helpful, I’m on the fence with forking out for one of these.

Jonny could you do a walk round video of the heater showing it working etc? Also can you use a separate diesel tank? I wouldn’t want to be drawing from the van tank if possible....

Dry Clean

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2018, 09:07:34 am »

That’s it daz. 👍

too right! ;D

BUT!how many other trades spend a lot of money on tools,vans etc?,much more than us window cleaners so a few thousand in the grand scheme of things is nothing long term esp if you have the heater installed in a new(or nearly new)van that your gonna keep for years and years......

Wasting money just because you have it is different to spending money on needed tools, plus why would you get to the new  van stage just to end up driving  an old one again ? as per usual your comments make little sense.

Dry Clean

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2018, 09:14:53 am »
Looking good Jonny!

This is where a video would genuinely be helpful, I’m on the fence with forking out for one of these.

Jonny could you do a walk round video of the heater showing it working etc? Also can you use a separate diesel tank? I wouldn’t want to be drawing from the van tank if possible....

Show us a video of it making a difference ? the same was asked when he was wibbling about Vision, it never appeared so I doubt that will change with this latest nonsense.

NWH

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2018, 10:16:15 am »
I have the same it’s the landscape cabinet,I have a tank frame with the 2 openings for DI bottles so they placed it on top of them off the floor so it’s bolted to the tank frame. Honestly a great heater the 9kw I have the 2 man as in the pic you get consistent hot water over the 5kw,the 5kw used to be hot but the 9 is piping hot. As for saying using chemicals with cold gives the same results is wrong You need to either see this heater in action or have used 1 to give an honest opinion. There customer service is second to none they have given me everything I’ve asked for.

NWH

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2018, 10:21:31 am »
They also made me a bespoke stand for my electric reel waist high that takes 2 reels,from pickup to drop off 3 days heater fitted great service imo.
Also Oliver knows the heater inside out unlike other suppliers that sell these.

NWH

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2018, 11:36:59 am »
Another thing you need to be aware of is that the temp read out on the machine is not the temp you are getting at the brush head,the temp sensor on them is taking a reading from the pipe into the heater. The heater may say 30-40 degrees but the actual temperature at the brush may be 60 degrees upwards,I’ve always had a handheld meter you will need 1.

Jonny 87

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2018, 01:45:38 pm »
Looking good Jonny!

I’ll do that. 👍 I’m havung to finish work earlier these days with the dark nights so I’ve a spare bit of time.

Yeah you can have a separate diesel tank no problem.

Jonny 87

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2018, 01:50:33 pm »
Looking good Jonny!

Show us a video of it making a difference ? the same was asked when he was wibbling about Vision, it never appeared so I doubt that will change with this latest nonsense.

Your a real ray of sunshine aren’t you Sean?  ;D

Not really sure how additives and hot water systems are nonsense? I use both now.  :)

Jonny 87

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2018, 01:51:50 pm »
Another thing you need to be aware of is that the temp read out on the machine is not the temp you are getting at the brush head,the temp sensor on them is taking a reading from the pipe into the heater. The heater may say 30-40 degrees but the actual temperature at the brush may be 60 degrees upwards,I’ve always had a handheld meter you will need 1.

Yeah that’s it. The temp gauge is basically the coldest part of your system.