Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

brianbarber

Re: hot water systems
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2017, 01:15:04 pm »
Grippatank 9kw

Your running new connect, so you will be same as me, in line  so you won't need worry about low fuel....!

Mr B

Regarding fuel lines, it's model dependant, some are in line like mine, some have to have a pipe dropped in to the fuel tank, obviously in line is better as you can run low on fuel, the drop in tank arrangement can be temperamental if you are quite low on fuel.

Mr B

What heater have u got brian? Same one? I wouldn't want to be running low on diesel. I'll always make sure I have at least a quarter of a tank left or else I won't get home either!  ;D
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

dazmond

Re: hot water systems 2
« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2017, 09:05:53 pm »
Cheers Brian.
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2017, 07:02:24 am »
cold this morning here(-1).another 3 weeks and 2 days until i get it fitted. ::)roll ;D

do you guys fire up your heaters before you leave for work so you have hot/warm water at your first job?

zesty

« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2017, 08:23:06 am »
Just a thought.

Can’t you run a small diesel tank in the van for the heater, rather than tapping into the van tank?

There’s a guy on YouTube who has done it this way.

I’m thinking of buying one from pure freedom and using a small diesel tank in the van. Not to keen on tapping into the vans fuel tank...

I want to sell my transit custom in 3 years (while it’s still worth £££) so don’t really want to be making many adaptions

Dry Clean

« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2017, 08:50:02 am »
cold this morning here(-1).another 3 weeks and 2 days until i get it fitted. ::)roll ;D

do you guys fire up your heaters before you leave for work so you have hot/warm water at your first job?

Stop whinging, you can work in hurricanes but a little cold weather throws you, don't worry your £4.5k pair of Long Johns and
gloves will be here before you know it. lol.

johnwillan

« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2017, 08:53:33 am »

Yes.

NWH

« Reply #126 on: November 13, 2017, 11:23:31 am »
They will probably set it up so it recirculates back to tank in fact I’m sure they will so it will heat everything up to temp before you start work,you’ll love it so much you won’t be able to turn the heat down 😂,good choice pal you won’t regret going hot.

V_Purcell

Re: Hot water systems 2
« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2017, 01:02:24 pm »
Do you know how long it will take to heat 1000 ltr
A Ninja carpet cleaning machine holds 42 ltr and it takes 3 hours to heat the water from cold tap water to 100 c I tested it.

Gas or diesel is your only way. Unless you want to invent a heat exchanger that will heat up a small vessel from your exhaust system. Which I have thought about.

Dry Clean

« Reply #128 on: November 13, 2017, 01:17:49 pm »
They will probably set it up so it recirculates back to tank in fact I’m sure they will so it will heat everything up to temp before you start work,you’ll love it so much you won’t be able to turn the heat down 😂,good choice pal you won’t regret going hot.

Your talking rubbish, he will regret it, off course he wont regret it, he will regret it, off course he wont regret it, he will regret it.

Sorry Iv changed my mind I don't think he will regret it, hold on maybe I'm being too hasty ? no I stick by what Iv said, sort of.

p1w1

« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2017, 02:55:35 pm »
Daz as your di only why didnt you try filling up by just running hot water through the vessel for softer hoses in winter? or is hot 24/7  far superior now this week  ;D
just pulling your leg mate but some on here just run hot water through their di vessel.

p1w1

« Reply #130 on: November 13, 2017, 02:55:53 pm »

Your talking rubbish, he will regret it, off course he wont regret it, he will regret it, off course he wont regret it, he will regret it.

Sorry Iv changed my mind I don't think he will regret it, hold on maybe I'm being too hasty ? no I stick by what Iv said, sort of.
;D ;D

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #131 on: November 13, 2017, 03:53:05 pm »

I  thought your new singing and dancing heater was hot on demand ?
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

NWH

« Reply #132 on: November 13, 2017, 04:05:47 pm »
I’ve not changed my mind at all ok you have to initially make the investment if your not a DIY freak but once you’ve got one they are easy to maintain yourself,hot waters rubbish Daz save your money you’ll earn more with cold lol yeah right O. Look forward to an easier way of working.

NWH

« Reply #133 on: November 13, 2017, 04:06:38 pm »
Another record day today 145 8 hours on the glass 👉🏽🍩💩💰

dazmond

« Reply #134 on: November 13, 2017, 04:27:39 pm »
Daz as your di only why didnt you try filling up by just running hot water through the vessel for softer hoses in winter? or is hot 24/7  far superior now this week  ;D
just pulling your leg mate but some on here just run hot water through their di vessel.

i did try this once years ago and my tap connector kept sliding off my tap with hot water when filling up. ;D

Ian taf

« Reply #135 on: November 13, 2017, 04:32:31 pm »
I use a 9Kw webasto hotbox which heats up my 850 litre Ionic Pro 5 system, which runs on diesel off the van fuel system.
I would say you need to have a battery which is tip top condition, as it can drain the battery with continual use, so I tend to charge the battery on occasions and also run the engine if doing a job for an extended period of time. It does recirculate into the tank, but takes ages to heat up, but I guess it would be dependent on the size of your tank and how long you operate the system for.

You can buy a secondhand Hotbox from a few places, including Ionic, but don't have anything less than a 9kw model.

dazmond

« Reply #136 on: November 13, 2017, 04:33:48 pm »

Stop whinging, you can work in hurricanes but a little cold weather throws you, don't worry your £4.5k pair of Long Johns and
gloves will be here before you know it. lol.

;D ;D ;D

nope cold weather doesnt faze me sean (ive only been working outside for 30 years!)however if we end up with a very cold winter ill be the one whos laughing while some of you guys are suffering with "cabin fever" unable to work. :)

dazmond

« Reply #137 on: November 13, 2017, 04:37:53 pm »
I use a 9Kw webasto hotbox which heats up my 850 litre Ionic Pro 5 system, which runs on diesel off the van fuel system.
I would say you need to have a battery which is tip top condition, as it can drain the battery with continual use, so I tend to charge the battery on occasions and also run the engine if doing a job for an extended period of time. It does recirculate into the tank, but takes ages to heat up, but I guess it would be dependent on the size of your tank and how long you operate the system for.

You can buy a secondhand Hotbox from a few places, including Ionic, but don't have anything less than a 9kw model.

ive got a 500L tank mate.im getting a battery to battery smart charger fitted also when grippa install my hydro heat box.

Slacky

« Reply #138 on: November 13, 2017, 07:32:17 pm »
Just agreed terms for the installation of a 9.9Kw system.

dazmond

« Reply #139 on: November 13, 2017, 07:56:41 pm »
Just agreed terms for the installation of a 9.9Kw system.

Nice one matt

I just slapped mine on a interest free credit card.(2yrs interest free). £5,600 limit.