This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SonOfFormby

What is happening to this site???
« on: February 03, 2008, 07:38:35 pm »
I've been pretty busy lately, so haven't been on much, but every time I do have a little browse, it seems someone or other takes a post personally/the wrong way, and what ensues is a barage of tit 4 tat macho BS, so a perfectly good post descends into a waste of webspace, and I'm noticing most of the aggressive posters are relatively new to this site, not necessarily to w/c, pole or trad. Anyone else notice this/getting pi**ed off with reading it?

Lee

Nathanael Jones

Re: What is happening to this site???
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 07:43:46 pm »
Have you noticed the place is getting quieter too,.. ppl leaving because of all the bitching? It's a pity,... we're all just hear to learn and share our experiences and knowledge. CIU used to be at the top of my forum bookmarks,... no longer i'm afraid....

Conflagration2000

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 07:46:38 pm »
I've been pretty busy lately, so haven't been on much, but every time I do have a little browse, it seems someone or other takes a post personally/the wrong way, and what ensues is a barage of tit 4 tat macho BS, so a perfectly good post descends into a waste of webspace, and I'm noticing most of the aggressive posters are relatively new to this site, not necessarily to w/c, pole or trad. Anyone else notice this/getting pi**ed off with reading it?

Lee

I'm insulted by that >:(

Pistols at dawn you cad ;D
Just like that

Dean Aspects

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 07:48:21 pm »
I have kept out of posting on some subjects and stopped reading others as they were far too aggresive shame really as this started out as a good forum and lately has gone downhill slightly maybe now longer days and hopefully more sunshine people will be in a happier mood and post happy thoughts

Dean

*Chris Browne

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 07:51:58 pm »
group hug everyone ::)

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 07:53:09 pm »
Spot on buddy

Too many posts on here that have nothing to do with window cleaning and too many full of advice without the experience.

Most of the people who helped me when I started wfp have either left or have been hounded out by pratts.
There are some cracking people on here and to mention a few Alex,W Washers,Ian L,Chris in diss,Diy Matt,Grafters, Stu and of course The legend Squeaky.

Bob.

Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

SonOfFormby

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 07:53:43 pm »

Lee

I'm insulted by that >:(

Pistols at dawn you cad ;D

That's more like it..........light-hearted...............unless youre not joking........GULP!! I haven't even got a pistol.

Lee

groundhog

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 07:55:58 pm »
Talking window cleaning gets boring! you can't beat a good row!!! ;D

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 07:59:12 pm »
Like it groundhog...........shall we start?/

My dads bigger than yours.

LWC

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 08:14:55 pm »
Spot on buddy

Too many posts on here that have nothing to do with window cleaning and too many full of advice without the experience.

Most of the people who helped me when I started wfp have either left or have been hounded out by pratts.
There are some cracking people on here and to mention a few Alex,W Washers,Ian L,Chris in diss,Diy Matt,Grafters, Stu and of course The legend Squeaky.

Bob.

i cant beleive you didnt mention me  >:( im really offended by that, i hate this forum

...joke  :P ;D

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 08:21:17 pm »
 ;D

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 08:34:29 pm »
Its good to be appreciated, but I haven't gone I'm here most days but dont always comment

groundhog

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 08:40:37 pm »
Like it groundhog...........shall we start?/

My dads bigger than yours.

The bigger they are the harder they fall!!  ;D

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2008, 08:45:38 pm »
When you were at school, you fancied the ugly one :D

ronaldo

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2008, 08:59:25 pm »

Lee

Agreed it used to be full of usefull information on our occupation where you could ask a question and get a real answer ! now its just mostly full of shi#e and replies that have nothing to do with what the original post that was asked.
It cant go any further downhill, its already at the bottom just look at some of the recent dross ! nothing to do with window cleaning issues and still the moderators let it continue WHY ?????????? at the end of the day who gives a #### if you need to no anything do a search and read some of the original and proper posts.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

jeff1

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2008, 09:16:10 pm »
I noticed this weeks ago, I even did a topic on another forum asking if they Think CIU was going downhill, and most reply's were YES! Some good members have been driven off the forum, original topics get changed half way through, if you don't want to talk about w/c, or want a good laugh? Then go to the off topic section where you can talk about anything you like.
To much bad attitude towards others in other topics, guy's leaving the forum because of threats to them and there family's, this is no way to run a forum.
If you check the profile of the Mods, there on very little now, where it used to be on regular basis, Are they getting bored with the Job?
Take a look at the Council estate thread, it turned into a slanging match and resulted in threats via email's, one guy had abusive phone calls, If I started that thread I would have locked it myself.

It would be nice to see the forum go back to the way it used to be.

Dean Aspects

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2008, 09:22:41 pm »
I had noticed that the mods were posting less and less on here and the council estate thread went on and is still going on without comment from the mods Have they all stopped doing their jobs and people allowed to post what they want??

Dean

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2008, 09:24:36 pm »
Agree with Aspects.

Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983
www.blackbushewindows.co.uk

jeff1

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2008, 09:26:50 pm »
If you click on the Mods names at the top of the forum, its says in there profile when they were last on the forum.

Dale Smith

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2008, 09:37:12 pm »
I agree with Aspects in that there is some threads on here where I will not post on as they are sooo bad...... just don't want to get involved or get quoted & taken out of context.
Sad really....
Swindon, Wiltshire.