This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Re: What is happening to this site???
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2008, 12:05:14 am »
I agree to some parts of that Gazz, but when the posts become abusive to other members it is the time to lock it and that never happened.

Pole2pole

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2008, 12:06:14 am »
true,that should have happened long ago on the CH topic

geefree

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2008, 12:09:45 am »
I agree to some parts of that Gazz, but when the posts become abusive to other members it is the time to lock it and that never happened.

totally agree if someone is being abused it should be locked, to be honest im trying to figure out why it wasnt..

have the moderators posted any comments elsewhere regarding this,?..... in fact where are they.

jeff1

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2008, 12:10:18 am »
Happy Birthday tooooooooo meeeeeeeee. Be nice to me Jeff lol

The beers are on you then Buddie  ;D Happy Birthday Dude  ;)

jeff1

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2008, 12:15:15 am »

totally agree if someone is being abused it should be locked, to be honest im trying to figure out why it wasnt..

have the moderators posted any comments elsewhere regarding this,?..... in fact where are they.
Ian Mainly comes on every morning before work and obviously doesnt have the time to read everything and Trevor hasn't been on since Jan 29, maybe they should hand it to someone with more time on there hands because to moderate a forum of this size needs more time spent reading all the posts, the Guy's do the best Job they can with the limited time they have, but it does need more time spent reading all the posts.

jeff1

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2008, 12:17:49 am »
cheers fella. Is it custom for the BB to get them in? poope lol

Yep! BB always gets the first round in, so I recon thats a couple of thousand pints yu owe the guy's on here, I would get the home Brew Kit out if I was you

Pole2pole

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2008, 12:18:24 am »
Totally agree jeff. i do,honest. I mean,can you imagin going thru half the stuff on here? Nooooooooo. Saying that,if they were all like you,half the posts would be deleted in the morning  ;D And where do you get all your smileys from? I feel out done here lol

Pole2pole

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2008, 12:19:32 am »
cheers fella. Is it custom for the BB to get them in? poope lol

Yep! BB always gets the first round in, so I recon thats a couple of thousand pints yu owe the guy's on here, I would get the home Brew Kit out if I was you
Is that a sperm?  ;D

jeff1

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2008, 12:22:55 am »
Its a Tadpole you Gonk
I got them from our forum and stored on my photobucket, more fun than the boaring ones on here.

geefree

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2008, 12:23:41 am »
Its a Tadpole you Gonk
I got them from our forum and stored on my photobucket, more fun than the boaring ones on here.

brilliant !

jikwan

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2008, 01:01:53 am »
my view about it --agression bitching slagging negativity etc is its because of the
bad weather
were dependent on good reasonable weather
been a lousy wet summer an this winter been really bad so far
theres got to be frustration and anger depression
these mind states colour every thing we do  like posting on this or any other forum

plus theres a hell of a lot of traffic on this forum  massive amounts of postings
compared to other sites

the more postings there are youll get increased amount of "bad" posts
Zen is the art of seeing everything.....noticing nothing

Ian_Giles

« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2008, 06:02:27 am »
Gordon bennett, you turn your back for one moment! :-X

A year or two ago, the amount of threads started and replied to in a single day took up no more than about 3/4 of a page...tops...Now it is usually going over into 2 and a half pages :-\

It is no easy matter to read through everything that is written, plus I also like to put in advice or comments of my own too.

for instance, I never even read the council estate one!

But you guys also share a responsibility for policing the forum, I have not had a single complaint made officially about any of the threads or comments, and yet on every topic there is the 'Report to moderator' button.

There was the one guy who got badly slated for his spelling, the first I really knew about it was when someone started a general thread about the bullying on this guys thread...not one single official complaint.
I dealt with it retrospectively, and I believe he was booted off site for not registering with his real name, a shame that, but after the comments he had I doubt he would have bothered posting again anyway.

Take a look at this thread for instance, it has meandered all over the place, with lots of jokey one liners and some pretty aimless comments.

I agree with you about the nature of some of the spiked comments, I get fed up of constantly deleting swearwords, I delete no end of stupid one liners, if it wasn't for the fact that it highlights exactly what I mean I'd delete half the dross that makes up this thread, or more likely, because it takes so long to do, I'd just lock it.
And of course I also have fair reason to delete the whole thing, as this thread has nothing to do with window cleaning itself, it's just people coming on and bitching about the forum and how it is run.

If you have a problem, report it to the mods or admin, and then if it isn't dealt with, or you don't get a personal reply, then you really do have fair reason to moan.

I'll leave this thread untouched and unlocked, lets see how many more absurd replies and one liners it gets.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Pole2pole

« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2008, 06:43:00 am »
Morning Ian. The early bird catches us out  ;) Ouch, i've just had a "serious" thought. They don't come along often so listen up. I reckon if a subscription was introduced.....£20 a year or something nominal,then the site may well go back to the quality that existed a couple of years ago. Times are a changing on CIU. Some go with the flow whilst others move on. I think if CIU really want to bring back some of the credibility that can still be salvaged, it's up to the boys at the top to make that change.
Still,ya gotta have a bit of fun though. It's a tough one, ain't it? Oh and I've removed all the waffle to make room for some more sensible comments. Me and Jeff do go into one sometimes. It's all his fault  ::)  ;D

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2008, 07:19:45 am »
Gordon bennett, you turn your back for one moment! :-X

A year or two ago, the amount of threads started and replied to in a single day took up no more than about 3/4 of a page...tops...Now it is usually going over into 2 and a half pages :-\

It is no easy matter to read through everything that is written, plus I also like to put in advice or comments of my own too.

for instance, I never even read the council estate one!

But you guys also share a responsibility for policing the forum, I have not had a single complaint made officially about any of the threads or comments, and yet on every topic there is the 'Report to moderator' button.

There was the one guy who got badly slated for his spelling, the first I really knew about it was when someone started a general thread about the bullying on this guys thread...not one single official complaint.
I dealt with it retrospectively, and I believe he was booted off site for not registering with his real name, a shame that, but after the comments he had I doubt he would have bothered posting again anyway.

Ian

I think a lot on here leave the moderating to the moderators, me included if I am honest, I do think we should use the report button a little more (I have never used it as I thought you mods just picked things up) maybe just maybe there needs to been more moderators on this section seeing at it gets more posts than any other section of the forum. as far as I am aware there are four, You Ian Trevor, Mike the owner and Jeff B.

Ian

nat

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2008, 08:16:19 am »
so if a topic does sway off its subject would the moderators want a report every time a reply sways off subject??? wouldn't that mean that you will be getting a mail every 10 or so minutes? don't you think thats the job of the mods? I would of thought so! If one or two mods can't handle the amount of info that gets posted then surely you need either more mods or mods that are more comitted to the forum don't you? :-\

xxmattyxx

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2008, 08:27:48 am »
or mods that are more comitted to the forum don't you? :-\

IMO the above implies the Mods dont give a hoot, when in fact Im sure they do, they wouldnt be Mods otherwise.

Matt

nat

« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2008, 09:22:14 am »
or mods that are more comitted to the forum don't you? :-\

IMO the above implies the Mods dont give a hoot, when in fact Im sure they do, they wouldnt be Mods otherwise.

Matt

who said anything about giving a 'hoot'? read it again!!

groundhog

« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2008, 09:30:17 am »
When you were at school, you fancied the ugly one :D

When you was at school you were the ugly one!!! ;D

geefree

« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2008, 10:14:28 am »
it's just people coming on and bitching about the forum and how it is run.

If you have a problem, report it to the mods or admin, and then if it isn't dealt with, or you don't get a personal reply, then you really do have fair reason to moan.

I'll leave this thread untouched and unlocked, lets see how many more absurd replies and one liners it gets.

Ian

i thinks thats unfair to call it dross, as a few funny one liners is hardly the same as direct insults, and bitching about the forum is quite a strong term to use,

the thread itself was started out of concern for this forum,

granted its not about window cleaning, but the thread would not have been started in the first place had the council thread not got out of hand, and veered well away from window cleaning,

I am sure most people would be reluctant to hit the " report to moderator" hoping offensive threads would turns themselves around on their own,

groundhog

« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2008, 10:29:50 am »

i thinks thats unfair to call it dross, as a few funny one liners is hardly the same as direct insults, and bitching about the forum is quite a strong term to use,

the thread itself was started out of concern for this forum,

granted its not about window cleaning, but the thread would not have been started in the first place had the council thread not got out of hand, and veered well away from window cleaning,

I am sure most people would be reluctant to hit the " report to moderator" hoping offensive threads would turns themselves around on their own,

Get a life Gazza!!! ;)