This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DASERVICES

Re: What is happening to this site???
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2008, 09:43:07 pm »
Bring back Tosh, he was a good Mod. ;) Apart for his love of the Scots ;D

Dean Aspects

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2008, 09:43:07 pm »
If someone disagree's with your point of view then post an alternative and discuss in a grown up fashion and with respect but lately their has been alot of negative and aggresive posts and i have thought twice about posting a reply in case it gets shot down or taken out of context and i am sure others have felt the same it can knock your confidence

Dean

jeff1

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2008, 09:48:01 pm »
Same here Dean, I see a good title and go in to post, when I read the reply's and see all the bitterness, I don't bother posting.
Its a shame a few of these guy's don't take notice of my little saying at the bottom of each of my posts.

jonah

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2008, 09:49:55 pm »
RWC I started the thread on council estates to try and put the positives accross to working them, if i had of known the ridiculous comments that would have followed believe me I wouldnt have started it ! How do you lock the thread ?

Dale Smith

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2008, 09:53:45 pm »
I think you can lock it when you go to post on additional options at the bottom....I might be wrong but I am sure you can lock your own posts.... ;)
Swindon, Wiltshire.

jonah

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2008, 09:55:45 pm »
Done it ! wish id have noticed earlier .....sorry for causing so much bother guys it really wasnt my intention  ??? ???

Dean Aspects

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2008, 09:57:21 pm »
Well done jonah the fault does not lie with you

Dean

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2008, 09:58:43 pm »
Anyone know any other good forums then?   ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D

jeff1

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2008, 10:00:58 pm »
RWC I started the thread on council estates to try and put the positives accross to working them, if i had of known the ridiculous comments that would have followed believe me I wouldnt have started it ! How do you lock the thread ?
Jonh don't you opologise buddie, It was a good Post, I was going to post on it myself, until I seen the nasty comments on it, I just didn,t want to get involved.

I myself did a post some time back before I was wfp, it was called, I lost my first one to wfp, it all started off nice and calm but ended up in a witch hunt for poor old squeeky, I asked for it to be locked in the end and after 100's of reply's, now they have given us the option to lock our own posts.

Dale Smith

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2008, 10:01:22 pm »
Not your fault at all Jonah, when you started the post it was good, as it was relevant to myself big time, but then it went weird & I did not bother with it.
Not your fault at all    ;D
Swindon, Wiltshire.

Dale Smith

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2008, 10:06:45 pm »
And me  ;D ;D
Swindon, Wiltshire.

TennetClean

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2008, 11:19:09 pm »
all forums go through phases, people come and people leave.  From what I have seen here, the people who seem to know LEAST are the ones that post the most.  Like "yeah this is how you make a great system, buy this and this and this and cobble it all together"  Only later do they reveal they have never actually done it and only window clean like a day a week and just their friends houses.

However, nobody has the right to try to bully any one else of a thread though, and personal threats are just taking things to a ridiculous extreme
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

Pole2pole

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2008, 11:23:12 pm »
Tennet.............What are you doin here? I didn't mention Council Housing,did I?  ;D

Pole2pole

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2008, 11:27:49 pm »
Jeff...............i believe you have an apology to make. Before i get banned for appearing to be a nutter. Quick Jeff before they come and take me away and throw me into solitary confinement for 6 months. Thinking about it........Jeff,don't say a word...............not     a      word  ;D

supernova77

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2008, 11:28:06 pm »
TennetClean,

Why don't you change your name to Tenant Clean?

;)

Andy

Pole2pole

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2008, 11:28:29 pm »
damn...that's torn it   ::)

TennetClean

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2008, 11:29:29 pm »
I'm gonna change it to "EliteClean" LOL
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

Pole2pole

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2008, 11:31:30 pm »
Or tenant chain"saw" cleaner.........? YOU START.........HE'LL CUT YA TO SHREDS  ;D

Pole2pole

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2008, 11:32:58 pm »
Jeff,just to ley ya know i have to log off now. I've been invited to Beadles funeral next week. I won't be able to attend the funeral but i should make it to the small finger buffet later.  ;D
Beadle has requested his remains be recycled into compost and scattered on a Garden ITV sources say he could be back in early autum with watch our Beadles a sprout ;D
[/quote
Oh dear........at least i was trying to be original,lol. I hear he's gonna be cremated. ITV next saturday........watch out.........You've been flamed  ;D

geefree

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2008, 11:53:19 pm »
Spot on buddy

Too many posts on here that have nothing to do with window cleaning and too many full of advice without the experience.

Most of the people who helped me when I started wfp have either left or have been hounded out by pratts.
There are some cracking people on here and to mention a few Alex,W Washers,Ian L,Chris in diss,Diy Matt,Grafters, Stu and of course The legend Squeaky.

Bob.

....what about me lol

seriously, tho,

when i first joined and anything that seemed innapropriate was either locked or moved,

maybe they have eased off a little, due to the culprits complaining about harsh treatment and having a go at the moderators,

Its a hard one  to work out why its started to turn slightly nasty on certain topics,without moderators intervening,

but on the same hand its hard for them to decide which is simply a heated discussion, leaving room for replies which may take the heat off etc....or to stop it dead in its tracks, risking upsetting a few people with a look of heavy handedness.

Tricky One.    ::)