This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nathanael Jones

Re: What is happening to this site???
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2008, 10:37:08 am »
I've used the "report to moderator" button in the past,... I got no reply, and no action was taken.

That being said,.. this is a very busy forum and you have to give the moderators all due credit,.. it's a lot of unpaid and thankless work, and on the whole they do a lot of good. My suggestion would be that there simply needs to be MORE moderators, to share the workload, and manage the threads more effectively.

I'd volunteer myself,.. but I think admin here would see a conflict of interests!  ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2008, 05:15:51 pm »
It's true that this forum has become less tolerant. The list of topics that can't be disscused  sensibly because of opinionated and dogmatic posts grows and grows.
Jehovah Witnesses? Earnings?Social housing?Top end systems?Immigrants? Hot systems? Marketing?Spelling?

« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2008, 05:22:03 pm »
I can put up with most things, but hot systems? That should be locked straight away!

elite mike

« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2008, 05:27:29 pm »
It's true that this forum has become less tolerant. The list of topics that can't be disscused  sensibly because of opinionated and dogmatic posts grows and grows.
Jehovah Witnesses? Earnings?Social housing?Top end systems?Immigrants? Hot systems? Marketing?Spelling?

lol

« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2008, 05:44:51 pm »
I think that probably the trad cleaners were a nicer bunch. Even now you see someone writing a eulogy to pulex rubbers and it can be quite pleasant. Back then they were disscusing a job, maybe a way of life, and they all had something in common. Now for many of us it's just a business.

There is also a sort of life cycle to forum members. Come on, post a lot, ask a lot of questions, and then slow down as they get what they need.

« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2008, 05:46:32 pm »
I think that probably the trad cleaners were a nicer bunch. Even now you see someone writing a eulogy to pulex rubbers and it can be quite pleasant. Back then they were disscusing a job, maybe a way of life, and they all had something in common. Now for many of us it's just a business.

There is also a sort of life cycle to forum members. Come on, post a lot, ask a lot of questions, and then slow down as they get what they need.
I think wfp has more to talk about that trad to be honest.

geefree

« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2008, 06:10:03 pm »

i thinks thats unfair to call it dross, as a few funny one liners is hardly the same as direct insults, and bitching about the forum is quite a strong term to use,

the thread itself was started out of concern for this forum,

granted its not about window cleaning, but the thread would not have been started in the first place had the council thread not got out of hand, and veered well away from window cleaning,

I am sure most people would be reluctant to hit the " report to moderator" hoping offensive threads would turns themselves around on their own,

Get a life Gazza!!! ;)

i know sad arnt i, just like to pop an opinion same as thee lot lol

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2008, 06:18:51 pm »
Thing with trad, everyone was pretty much equal, same kit, similar problems - weather etc. Wfp has turned people into would be entrepanuers (where is the spell check) with illusions of granduer, with business like attitudes whereas your old windowcleaner treated it more as a job perhaps? Seems that attitudes have become much more cut throat. Having said that my local cleaners seem a real friendly bunch.........so far.

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2008, 06:30:02 pm »
Spot on buddy

Too many posts on here that have nothing to do with window cleaning and too many full of advice without the experience.

Most of the people who helped me when I started wfp have either left or have been hounded out by pratts.
There are some cracking people on here and to mention a few Alex,W Washers,Ian L,Chris in diss,Diy Matt,Grafters, Stu and of course The legend Squeaky.

nice of you to mention me thanx bob, i try to make common sense and to be civil at all times
my motto is treat people how you expect to be treated
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2008, 06:31:28 pm »
Spot on buddy

Too many posts on here that have nothing to do with window cleaning and too many full of advice without the experience.

Most of the people who helped me when I started wfp have either left or have been hounded out by pratts.
There are some cracking people on here and to mention a few Alex,W Washers,Ian L,Chris in diss,Diy Matt,Grafters, Stu and of course The legend Squeaky.

nice of you to mention me thanx bob, i try to make common sense and to be civil at all times
and that post is also spot on Jay  ;)

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2008, 06:36:02 pm »
Spot on buddy

thank you WW
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2008, 06:36:57 pm »
Spot on buddy

thank you WW
;) your welcome  :)

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2008, 07:38:05 pm »
 ;D just all turn up at windex for a beer up ,job done ;D :D ::)
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Dean Aspects

« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2008, 07:45:59 pm »

Are you buying?  ;D
See him disappear now thats why he's the fastest window cleaner  ;)

Dean

« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2008, 07:46:39 pm »
does that mean if i get your beer'd up I can beat you ?  ;D