This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tristan R Clean

Softwash render
« on: April 02, 2021, 04:29:23 pm »
I have been asked by one of my window cleaning customers if I can softwash his building.

I have never done it before.
So I have the carbon pole to reach - just would need a spray head attachment.
My questions are. Would it be achievable with a Gardiner backpack.
What softwash chemical ?
What would you charge roughly?

Tris

Tristan R Clean

Re: Softwash render
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 04:30:36 pm »

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 05:02:15 pm »
yes and no, - you don't need a spray attachment just use your brush - fan jets fitted

I wouldn't use a backpack for this job due to the size of it you would be filling up a couple of dozen times - also I think your taking a risk doing from the ground as well

get a cherry picker to get up to each floor then use your pole at closed length for control and consistent application

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

zesty

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 05:14:20 pm »
It doesn’t look like it needs cleaning from the photos?

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 05:19:18 pm »
What would you use other than a backpack sprayer?

He wants to keep on top of it. He had the whole building re rendered, new windows etc a few years ago.

T

zesty

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 06:15:05 pm »
You haven’t got that many options unless you spend out on a dedicated softwash machine...

You could use your shurflo window cleaning pump, but it might kill it if not rinsed out.

Alternatively if you have a pressure washer, you can use that on a very low pressure setting (if you have an unloader) but again, you risk ruining the pump!

NWH

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 06:33:43 pm »
I would middle man that job just get someone to give you a price for it and stick your own Tax on it and you handle the payment,you give them an invoice and the bloke that does it gives you one.

the king

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2021, 06:36:36 pm »
Watch them cars with the hypo  ;D

Bungle

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2021, 07:02:58 pm »
yes and no, - you don't need a spray attachment just use your brush - fan jets fitted

I wouldn't use a backpack for this job due to the size of it you would be filling up a couple of dozen times - also I think your taking a risk doing from the ground as well

get a cherry picker to get up to each floor then use your pole at closed length for control and consistent application

Darran

I ruined a sill brush trying to do a favour for a customer when he asked me to scrub bird muck off his render.
We look at them, they look through them.

zesty

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2021, 07:43:31 pm »

Darran

I ruined a sill brush trying to do a favour for a customer when he asked me to scrub bird muck off his render.

He’s not suggesting scrubbing, he’s  pointing out you can spray hypo or whatever on the render with fan jets.

NWH

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2021, 07:46:46 pm »
I’ve also done the above on a mock Tudor house that was divided up into large  squares, I used a degreaser and hot water and it did come off but you couldn’t do that on anything that size I did a few squares on each visit when I did the windows.
Something like that needs someone with professional equipment,look on Ionic’s site they sell softwash machines now probably only about 20k for one 🤣🤣🤣

adman

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2021, 08:54:53 pm »
Thats too big a big job to learn on imo.  4 storeys and right on the road too eeek

Splash & dash

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2021, 09:24:25 pm »
That’s not a job for an inexperienced person , there is so much that could go wrong. , drift from overspray , working on the pavement and road , hypo mix going onto  cars parked near by , and pedestrians, are you insured for Softwashing ? If you are unsure of what to use to clean it it would be best to walk away from this one and try a bungalow, or something  smaller until you have a bit of experience.

NWH

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2021, 09:29:46 pm »
Errrrmm asking if it could be done using a backpack should tell you his experience lol,not having a go but it’s not a job for you I would sub it out although saying that someone with experience would want to deal directly with the client.
It’s like starting off WFP you don’t start off doing 60ft work it’s an accident waiting to happen.

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2021, 09:57:10 pm »
That is one of the benefits of talking ideas on the forum and getting everyone’s input.
I am going to leave this one to the experts.

The client is such a nice guy. When he asked if it was something I could do I said I would look into it.
I am glad I didn’t just say - yes no problem.

Thanks again for the advice 👍

NWH

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2021, 10:10:11 pm »
I couldn’t see the insurance paying out either if you’ve no experience doing this kind of work if things went boobs up,that’s the kind of work you’d get into or have the opportunity to do when you’ve been softwashing a good few years as said i would start small and grow you’re equipment for bigger jobs.

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2021, 07:49:12 am »
I am actually more than happy sticking to the window cleaning. I have more than enough decent window cleaning work.
I have been window cleaning for nearly 30 years now so well established.
I did have an idea years ago to do loads of add on services especially with having an existing client base. But window cleaning i know where I am

james peters

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2021, 08:09:34 am »
I am actually more than happy sticking to the window cleaning. I have more than enough decent window cleaning work.
I have been window cleaning for nearly 30 years now so well established.
I did have an idea years ago to do loads of add on services especially with having an existing client base. But window cleaning i know where I am

I am in the same position. been at it for 29 years, plenty of work, and always building /refining.
I have render on my  own house which in tjhe past have had someone do it for me.
but last year I did my own, it came up great .
so I have started offering this service , and its a nice little add on .
I am happy if I do 1 a month alongside a couple offgutter cleans...
however I would not attempt the one in that pic just yet.

NWH

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2021, 08:58:30 am »
How much did you think you’d charge 4-5k ? 

Ascjim

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2021, 11:41:44 am »
How much did you think you’d charge 4-5k ?

LOL

Day rate for 2, plus lorry mounted boom with highways licence, chapter 8 etc. Local council would properly want it done early on a Sunday. Don't do it from the ground, it's to high with to much traffic around you.

Depending on local council requirements, we would charge around £2000.00 + VAT. That includes everything.

If you don't feel comfortable doing it, get someone else to quote it for you and add10 - 20 % on top for yourself.