This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: Softwash render
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2021, 09:01:54 pm »
I know nothing about Tax do you have to pay it then what is it,and what’s all this about Nats insurance does she pay that then 🤣🤣🤣🤣🍆🍆🍆

Ascjim

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2021, 09:11:35 pm »
Jim- if softwashing is your main biz surely you would have an iPAF - and do away with the operator - iPAF is cheaper to get than splashing out on an operator for a single day...

Darran

Any more than a day we would get something cheaper in and the boys would use it.

I like a boom as the driver comes when the job starts and goes when finished, no need for storage until its collected, etc. Plus the company we use sorts out all paperwork and bring the chapter 8 etc. It costs more but I would rather pay more money than my time. I like the easier life.

That job wouldn't take all day but I would give the guys the day to do it. Its up to them if they drag it out or not.

Ascjim

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2021, 09:13:33 pm »

If I told you I could do that everyday cleaning windows you’d call me a bare faced liar wouldn’t you m8.

So you earn £500 everyday by 12.30 on windows?

In past threads, you didn’t know how higher tax threshold works or have any idea about VAT...

I’m not calling you a liar, I’m genuinely impressed that you somehow manage to stay under both thresholds!!
If you could pass me on the details for your accountant it would be appreciated, I’d be very interested in using their services

Its so easy to go over the threshold. We went vat reg 8 years ago.

zesty

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2021, 10:09:05 pm »

If I told you I could do that everyday cleaning windows you’d call me a bare faced liar wouldn’t you m8.

In past threads, you didn’t know how higher tax threshold works or have any idea about VAT...

I’m not calling you a liar, I’m genuinely impressed that you somehow manage to stay under both thresholds!!
If you could pass me on the details for your accountant it would be appreciated, I’d be very interested in using their services

Exactly, and yet he still can’t understand why softwashing is so lucrative. I don’t even charge big money like some of the others do.

But if I could swap window cleaning for softwashing on a daily basis, I’d jump at it.

It is one of the easiest, most satisfying, least hard work you can do.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, because it’s better than none) I probably only do 4 softwash jobs a month over the course of a year on average.  That’s 40-50 softwash jobs a year, and that brings in a huge amount of profit. Imagine if it was all I did! I’d be driving Nigels hot water Ferrari!

If it was daily, I’d be over the vat threshold very very quickly.

Don Kee

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2021, 08:17:47 am »

Exactly, and yet he still can’t understand why softwashing is so lucrative. I don’t even charge big money like some of the others do.

But if I could swap window cleaning for softwashing on a daily basis, I’d jump at it.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, because it’s better than none) I probably only do 4 softwash jobs a month over the course of a year on average.  That’s 40-50 softwash jobs a year, and that brings in a huge amount of profit. Imagine if it was all I did! I’d be driving Nigels hot water Ferrari!

Mate, I literally could not give a shiny rats a55 whether you softwash or not.

All I want is the number for NWH’s accountant, he seems better than mine.

zesty

« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2021, 09:18:14 am »

Mate, I literally could not give a shiny rats a55 whether you softwash or not.

All I want is the number for NWH’s accountant, he seems better than mine.

I don’t care that you want his accountant, the point remains - softwashing is the nuts  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2021, 09:31:31 am »
not if your NWH - then its cr@p money....  ;D

Interestingly - looking at back posts our Nige was been banging on about £500 + days way, way back ( 8 + Years ) even before Hot Water touched his life - so it begs a question he spent all that dosh just to be earning pretty much the same all these years later - no wonder he's a bit of a sour puss
Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

zesty

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2021, 09:33:10 am »
not if your NWH - then its cr@p money....  ;D

Interestingly - looking at back posts our Nige was been banging on about £500 + days way, way back ( 8 + Years ) even before Hot Water touched his life - so it begs a question he spent all that dosh just to be earning pretty much the same all these years later - no wonder he's a bit of a sour puss
Darran

Bless him.

premier window cleaners

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2021, 01:40:11 pm »
Doff it

Slacky

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2021, 02:10:58 pm »
I wouldn’t bother tackling that for 2.5k council permission you’d definitely need 800-1000 for the hire of a lift,hardly worth the bother.

£1000 for a cherry picker ?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Slacky

« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2021, 02:13:44 pm »
Who needs a  set up from ionics - you can turn your p/w into a soft wash machine for £35

And the chems don't need to travel through the pump either

Nigel - you are very amusing with your logic - even if you paid through the nose like your example you would turn your nose up at £1k  for a days work yet spend 5k on hot water to save you pennies in speed per day - strange to say the least

Darran

Darren my love that’s a 1000 English pounds for a ball ache of a job getting council permission having to cone off a section of road or pavement etc,arranging to get lifts in and the paperwork that goes with all involved.
I’d much rather go out with my hot water bottle and earn that with ease in much less time than you’d think.
Much love and always thinking of you Nigel Xx

Usually the best thing regards councils is to set up without a permit, risk getting fined, which is likely to be the same as the permit would cost.

Chances are you'll not pay a fine either.

Slacky

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2021, 02:14:47 pm »

Likewise.

NWH

« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2021, 02:46:10 pm »
Who needs a  set up from ionics - you can turn your p/w into a soft wash machine for £35

Nigel - you are very amusing with your logic - even if you paid through the nose like your example you would turn your nose up at £1k  for a days work yet spend 5k on hot water to save you pennies in speed per day - strange to say the least

Darran

Darren my love that’s a 1000 English pounds for a ball ache of a job getting council permission having to cone off a section of road or pavement etc,arranging to get lifts in and the paperwork that goes with all involved.
I’d much rather go out with my hot water bottle and earn that with ease in much less time than you’d think.

Usually the best thing regards councils is to set up without a permit, risk getting fined, which is likely to be the same as the permit would cost.

Setup and chance getting a fine now that sounds like a professional way of going about starting up a softwashing business lol especially in somewhere like central London,a semi retired Solicitor customer wanted to setup a Oast Cowl cleaning business with me,with me you might say yes.
We did the figures with a vehicle needed to transport the Spider lift to site clean the job and cover all costs,it came out at 3000 to clean 2 Cowls to make a profit of any sort.
Ok you make a grand from doing 1 job if you want
to run it as a business that kind of price needs rethinking,if you done that full time at prices like that it wouldn’t be sustainable you would need you’re own lift and the best one available is a Spider lift that allows you not only to go up but also in towards the building,they are very expensive to lease.
At those prices you would be rushed off you’re feet with work very few people if any would match that price unless they were running it properly like not getting valid permits etc lol,I think I’ll put my Ionic hot softwash machine on hold then.

NWH

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2021, 02:49:58 pm »
Let’s also view this scenario like you haven’t got 15-20 jobs per month eh,although you may well do at that price.
Also what happens if something goes tits and you have no permits to be there working,worth thinking about that I reckon.

Ascjim

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2021, 03:50:41 pm »

Darran

Yes, small towns we don't bother getting a permit. Bigger places we do as we need to keep a good relationship with the councils, it's not worth falling out with them.

Smudger

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2021, 05:11:01 pm »
Jim - don't quite follow your posts and even if they are directed at me ....

my example is our Nige says a grand a day is not worth pursuing - this is a grand to the biz after costs.

unknown what it costs over your way but a permit is £32 around here and a simple email to the council - you (IMO) tend to blow a few hundred quid on having an operator with the hire of a machine - thats your choice - but there are many different ways to tackle a job.

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

NWH

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2021, 05:19:25 pm »
No way C’mon just turn up stick some cones about the place and do it spray the public and their vehicles who gives a S**T.
Much Love you’re local Sociopath-Narcissist
😉

Slacky

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2021, 05:24:38 pm »
Also what happens if something goes tits and you have no permits to be there working,worth thinking about that I reckon.

Yea, you get a fine, the same as the cost of the permit, the building gets cleaned and you get paid.

Twerp.

NWH

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2021, 05:32:18 pm »
That’s not a way to run you’re business if you don’t have a permit to clean a building that size and with the dangers that are present that said person would be acting in an irresponsible manner,if something like a pole were to fall and land on a pedestrians head the Law would certainly view it in that light.
That job would need permission from the council along with a risk assessment and a different level of insurance away from window cleaning,just gonna get back in my box 📦 lol.

Smudger

« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2021, 05:38:00 pm »
permit to clean the building or permit to use the road ?

please specify your rant a little clearer please Nigel my lovely

Darran