This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: Softwash render
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2021, 02:55:04 pm »
I wouldn’t bother tackling that for 2.5k council permission you’d definitely need 800-1000 for the hire of a lift,hardly worth the bother.

Smudger

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2021, 03:01:56 pm »
I wouldn’t bother tackling that for 2.5k council permission you’d definitely need 800-1000 for the hire of a lift,hardly worth the bother.

Nigel - stop talking twaddle - you don't do this type of work so haven't a first clue about what to do or the costs - stick with talking about your hot water system - hire machine for that is 300 tops for the day ( and thats never more than 6 hours work with the correct equipment

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Ascjim

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2021, 03:21:55 pm »

Nigel - stop talking twaddle - you don't do this type of work so haven't a first clue about what to do or the costs - stick with talking about your hot water system - hire machine for that is 300 tops for the day ( and thats never more than 6 hours work with the correct equipment

Darran

Exactly.

This is roughly how it would work out if we did it with Devon County Council.

18m lorry mounted boom with operator and harness hire (Sunday rate, 7 hours on site): £695.00
DCC Highways S171: - £225.00 (changes on location and complexity)
Chapter 8, Includes full signage and cones, Hi-Vis barriers, transport each way: £150.00 (changes on location and complexity)
Day rate for 2 people (one on the ground looking after softwash machine and rescue): £696.00

£1,766.00 + VAT

We could charge more for the day rate but we don't need to. Soft washing is a main business and not 'one off work'. I understand if people have a window cleaning round and soft washing is 'extra' money, so they would charge more.

NWH

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2021, 03:23:12 pm »
Yeah you’re right I don’t know about it I wouldn’t bother getting into it for that kind of money for a job like that,Holland Park and other parts of London are full of places like that they’d be prepared to pay more than that,far more.
I thought it was easy money and come to think of it really good money,that’s a lot of organising for just over a couple of grand.

zesty

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2021, 03:23:59 pm »

Darran

That’s right, my local plant hire is £100 a day for a nifty lift 120t and not much more for a higher reaching boom.

Go back to your hot water Nigel.

NWH

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2021, 03:26:07 pm »
Tbh I think I’ll go back to my hot water that’s a good idea,2500 for all that lol you can keep doing it chaps if I get any jobs I’ll pass em you’re way my fee will obviously apply. 🤣🤣🤣

NWH

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2021, 03:27:26 pm »
How much is a professional softwash setup from Ionic.

Smudger

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2021, 05:24:00 pm »
Who needs a  set up from ionics - you can turn your p/w into a soft wash machine for £35

And the chems don't need to travel through the pump either

Nigel - you are very amusing with your logic - even if you paid through the nose like your example you would turn your nose up at £1k  for a days work yet spend 5k on hot water to save you pennies in speed per day - strange to say the least

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Smudger

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2021, 05:26:25 pm »
Jim- if softwashing is your main biz surely you would have an iPAF - and do away with the operator - iPAF is cheaper to get than splashing out on an operator for a single day...

Darran

NWH

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2021, 05:41:19 pm »
Who needs a  set up from ionics - you can turn your p/w into a soft wash machine for £35

And the chems don't need to travel through the pump either

Nigel - you are very amusing with your logic - even if you paid through the nose like your example you would turn your nose up at £1k  for a days work yet spend 5k on hot water to save you pennies in speed per day - strange to say the least

Darran

Darren my love that’s a 1000 English pounds for a ball ache of a job getting council permission having to cone off a section of road or pavement etc,arranging to get lifts in and the paperwork that goes with all involved.
I’d much rather go out with my hot water bottle and earn that with ease in much less time than you’d think.
Much love and always thinking of you Nigel Xx

NWH

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2021, 05:42:22 pm »
I thought softwashing was great money and jobs like this fantastic money.

Smudger

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2021, 06:04:52 pm »
Nigel my beloved - how little you know xxxx

My fondest regards to you

Darran

zesty

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2021, 06:24:46 pm »
Put it this way Nigel:

If I could do only softwashing rather than window cleaning, I’d more than double my profit per year.

Softwashing is an absolute gem of a business.

Monday just gone, I did an hour and half softwash job 8-9:30am, cladding. £220.

Then drove 20 mins away and did a softwash job on  just the front of a small semi. £150. Was there for 40 minutes. Yes 40 minutes for £150.

Then drove to a conservatory roof clean and used the excess chemical in my barrel for it. Simply sprayed it on, then rinsed it off with hardly a brush needed. £130.

Home by 12:30pm.

£500 done, all with the power of hypo and some soap.

Now, I’ve also got commercial jobs on the window cleaning side of things that pay similar rates for hours worked. But I know which one I’d choose. Softwashing is so unbelievably easy.

Smudger

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2021, 06:48:05 pm »
Nigel will be along shortly with the usual put downs and lols - like it's something you made up

He will again claim hot has improved his speed and quality and everyone else is 💩

Then can't understand why people are sceptical of his claims to be the worlds best windy licker ..

Darran

NWH

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2021, 07:12:39 pm »
Put it this way Nigel:

If I could do only softwashing rather than window cleaning, I’d more than double my profit per year.

Softwashing is an absolute gem of a business.

Monday just gone, I did an hour and half softwash job 8-9:30am, cladding. £220.

Then drove 20 mins away and did a softwash job on  just the front of a small semi. £150. Was there for 40 minutes. Yes 40 minutes for £150.

Then drove to a conservatory roof clean and used the excess chemical in my barrel for it. Simply sprayed it on, then rinsed it off with hardly a brush needed. £130.

Home by 12:30pm.

£500 done, all with the power of hypo and some soap.

Now, I’ve also got commercial jobs on the window cleaning side of things that pay similar rates for hours worked. But I know which one I’d choose. Softwashing is so unbelievably easy.

Zesty Love you too m8

If I told you I could do that everyday cleaning windows you’d call me a bare faced liar wouldn’t you m8.

NWH

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2021, 07:14:26 pm »
I repeat I thought softwashing brought in brilliant money it sounds to me like softwashing brings in the same amount but you can get it done in slightly less time than using a pole,am I missing something please.

Smudger

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2021, 07:32:47 pm »
You do over a grand a day - and stay under the vat level 👍

At least you have a creative accountant - or mind my lovely

Darran

NWH

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2021, 07:40:32 pm »
No Darren darling I’m not saying that but I did think you could easily earn silly money softwashing,looks like I was wrong there and that’s unlike me 🤣🤣🤣

Smudger

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2021, 07:59:59 pm »
Just because you can't ..........

Darran

Don Kee

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2021, 08:02:58 pm »

If I told you I could do that everyday cleaning windows you’d call me a bare faced liar wouldn’t you m8.

So you earn £500 everyday by 12.30 on windows?

In past threads, you didn’t know how higher tax threshold works or have any idea about VAT...

I’m not calling you a liar, I’m genuinely impressed that you somehow manage to stay under both thresholds!!
If you could pass me on the details for your accountant it would be appreciated, I’d be very interested in using their services