van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Don Kee

Re: Automatic Gearbox's WC Vans
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2021, 05:33:15 pm »

Thanks for all your personal advice and input but I have decided it's better the devil you know and have decided to stick with a manual gear box, the van dealership have also advised on this when I explained that the van is fully loaded up on a daily basis.

I've decided to go with a Ford Custom 340 LWB 170 FWD  if I place an order this month it should be ready for July/August  :o  ;D

Either the  auto van you are looking at is a load of rubbish or the dealer doesn’t know what he’s talking about an auto box if far better suited at dealing with heavy weights and steep inclines as they have a certain amount of “slip” built into them for pulling away or reversing .

It's one of these. Ford Transit Custom 340 LWB Limited 2.0 EcoBlue 170ps FWD

L1 or L2?

Nice van, its very springy when empty though so keep it filled up!

NWH

« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2021, 06:03:56 pm »
Are you sure the moderators on this site will allow you to put that on the bottom of each of your posts,shall we ask them I know you want to suck me like a gutter vac but I’m not sure like I say it’s allowed.

simon w

« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2021, 06:09:14 pm »

Thanks for all your personal advice and input but I have decided it's better the devil you know and have decided to stick with a manual gear box, the van dealership have also advised on this when I explained that the van is fully loaded up on a daily basis.

I've decided to go with a Ford Custom 340 LWB 170 FWD  if I place an order this month it should be ready for July/August  :o  ;D

Either the  auto van you are looking at is a load of rubbish or the dealer doesn’t know what he’s talking about an auto box if far better suited at dealing with heavy weights and steep inclines as they have a certain amount of “slip” built into them for pulling away or reversing .

It's one of these. Ford Transit Custom 340 LWB Limited 2.0 EcoBlue 170ps FWD

L1 or L2?

Nice van, its very springy when empty though so keep it filled up!

L2 H1. Thanks for the advice it'll only be light on homeward journeys  8)

dd

« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2021, 07:53:49 pm »
Are you sure the moderators on this site will allow you to put that on the bottom of each of your posts,shall we ask them I know you want to suck me like a gutter vac but I’m not sure like I say it’s allowed.
I think your gutter vac reference just shows the sort of thing that goes on in your head Nigel.

NWH

« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2021, 07:59:23 pm »
The odd dig at each other on here is good banter a reference to me with every post could be looked upon as bullying lol,just sayin not that he could also be looked upon as a troll.
He looks his best when he’s surrounded by ceramic with a round seat and chain above his head that’s all I’m trying to get at lol🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Don Kee

« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2021, 07:05:19 am »

Someones feelings getting a bit hurty?

Dazzler3370

« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2021, 09:12:30 am »
After 4 years of driving a manual van I thought all we do it stop and start a the time in this job so why have a manual.
I've had a transit connect L2 automatic for the past 3 years.
Best thing I've ever done. Drives fantastic
I carry 500ltrs, 2 leisure batteries, electric reel and it pulls like a train.
Dazzler

Mike Burd

« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2021, 09:18:03 am »
So is this now a show off our vehicle thread? Here's mine:. Even got a missing hubcap. So - no pictures then the vehicle is made up. Just like NWH's big houses.  ;D

NWH

« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2021, 09:42:01 am »
🤣🤣🤣🤣 nothing wrong with a work van like that at all if it pumps water jobs a good’n

NWH

« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2021, 09:46:05 am »

Off you go with you’re 250k turnover is that similar to an Apple 🍏 turnover 🤣🤣🤣 cash is king without cash you are stuck as soon as the banks say no you ain’t going anywhere,and that includes the Maldives 🇲🇻 lol.

Don Kee

« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2021, 12:51:57 pm »

Off you go with you’re 250k turnover is that similar to an Apple 🍏 turnover 🤣🤣🤣 cash is king without cash you are stuck as soon as the banks say no you ain’t going anywhere,and that includes the Maldives 🇲🇻 lol.

Eh?

NWH

« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2021, 02:22:49 pm »
I know sounds like a load of old 💩 doesn’t it I thought I’d let you see it from my point of view lol.

Don Kee

« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2021, 04:22:10 pm »
I know sounds like a load of old 💩 doesn’t it I thought I’d let you see it from my point of view lol.

What, that you sound like a load of old 💩?

That’s the most self aware you’ve ever been on this forum, well done!

NWH

« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2021, 05:05:56 pm »
I come across people like you quiet often and literally lol 💦

simon w

« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2021, 07:59:02 pm »
Getting closer to making the order and had almost decided on the auto but noticed the auto versions of the same van has a lower payload only 48kg less but an important detail for what we use our vans for don't you think? price wise it's looking like an extra £1,165,20. But there not charging anything for a metallic colour of choice over the frozen white as standard. Also didn't realise I'd loose some payload going for the long wheel base over the short wheel base.

The model I'm looking at is the Transit Custom limited LWB 170ps FWD EcoBlue  thinking the saving and the payload outweigh the advantage of an auto gearbox

NWH

« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2021, 08:16:43 pm »
170ps 👍 and the LWB is a good choice go for the Auto yeah I will be next time sod manuals again,I do quiet a few miles I will definitely be getting an Auto.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2021, 08:19:12 pm »
Getting closer to making the order and had almost decided on the auto but noticed the auto versions of the same van has a lower payload only 48kg less but an important detail for what we use our vans for don't you think? price wise it's looking like an extra £1,165,20. But there not charging anything for a metallic colour of choice over the frozen white as standard. Also didn't realise I'd loose some payload going for the long wheel base over the short wheel base.

The model I'm looking at is the Transit Custom limited LWB 170ps FWD EcoBlue  thinking the saving and the payload outweigh the advantage of an auto gearbox
The payload difference is so minimal that it shouldn’t really be much of a consideration. If the Auto is £1165 more and you are a basic rate taxpayer, that will knock £338 off your tax bill, so the real price difference would be £827. Then you need to think of residuals, the Auto will be a more desirable van on the used market so will probably depreciate less than the manual will, in which case it might actually work out cheaper in the long run.........Go for the Auto.

NWH

« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2021, 11:10:05 pm »
They all drop like stones price wise the only difference is if you have all the extras and the more powerful engine etc it will be more desirable when it comes to selling it,the only time you may be surprised with the value a few years down the line is if it has a VW badge on front and back.
If you ask a VW dealer for a low mileage Transporter he will call you up and say I’ve got just what you want just come in,3 years old 70000 on the clock 22k + Vat 🤣🤣🤣

simon w

« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2021, 07:32:36 am »
My Transit 330 125 AWD has below average miles and will be advertised with a full MOT and service these vans are hard to find and sought after and if you've seen the prices used vans are selling for at the moment I should be able to get a very pleasing price for it going on what the same vans are fetching at the moment according to my research on the internet.

EandM

« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2021, 04:29:12 pm »
Ford went through a strange stage in the mid-2010's.

Some of the Ford Rangers were faster in manual form as they qualified for car speed limits whereas the autos were commercial.

Irrelevant if you're buying a van but worth considering if you're not and cover many miles.