van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

EandM

Re: Automatic Gearbox's WC Vans
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2021, 10:11:21 pm »
Personally I dont think there is anything lardy about my golf 8 GTD....I've had the mk 7.5  GTD and a mk 5 GTI before that..this is the most fun to drive by a country mile and has the same lowered suspension as the golf 8 GTI......Its like driving a fast go kart!😄

It's got plenty of power for me and it's great on fuel and is the cleanest diesel golf ever made with enough room for my drum kit in the back.....the cockpit is so different than the previous generation golfs  though..virtually no buttons...everything's touch screen....I like it......

All new cars are LARDY.

The original Golf GTI weighed 832 kg.
The current Golf GTI is nearly double that.

My 2002 Ford Ranger is 1,800 kg.
The current version (same model spec) is 2,100 kg.

It's an indication of just how far we've come in terms of safety.
The fact that mpg is drastically improved is an indication of how far fuel tech has come.

It's not a bad thing.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2021, 10:34:53 pm »
I would definitely remap that Golf it would be night and day,Audi over an M for remapping £1000 gets you another 70-80hp to nearly 480bhp from stock in an hour if you try and get that out of an M2 it’s loads of cash and you can put the power down with the Audi. Should have got an RS3 Daz,eat you’re Golf like a peanut.

absolutely no need at all...the golf is fine as it is....it still pulls you back in your seat!im really impressed with the acceleration.....the S 3s are just ridiculously expensive brand new and the boots are not as big(for my drums when we start gigging again).....

Currently we’ve got a BMW m140i on a stage 1 map, running 420bhp and 600nm of torque, now that kicks you in the seat like anything!

I’m thinking of selling it soon, looking at getting a kit car from MK sports cars as they only down the road from me. Track days etc will be fun in one.

The beemer is so unbelievably fast it’s almost unusable. In fact I had more fun in my Ibiza gti cupras, mx5’s etc when in early 20’s.

The beemer is just too quick on the road.

The noise though, the straight 6 turbo is a beaut. Fastest car I’ve had and been in, it’s lightning quick, leaves m2’s for dead. Although I’d rather have an m2  ;D

The B58 engine in my M140i is one of the best engines around,it’s in several new M cars as well as the new supra. The stock engine can hold 500bhp tunes with ease. Some kit!

These days anything in the 6-7 second to 60 bracket is slow... but I get it’s still fun Daz.
That’s the engine my wife’s car uses, being the X4 it will be quite heavy but still manages 0-60 in under 5 seconds. I’d imagine the smaller lighter 140i even as standard would be quicker still.

Yes mate, you’re talking 3.5-4 seconds in the m140i if, and it’s a big if, you can get the traction, which only event happens once a year. There is way too much tourque to launch perfectly. Usually doing the 4.8’s to 60 in mine. Using a timing app.

It’s 40-100 that’s mind blowing. It’s just so rapid it’s almost unbelievable. We have had the stage 1 map though. Stock 140’s run around 350bhp.
I know what you mean,  I’ve got an M4 and as you say the traction off the spot just isn’t there, there’s only so much power you can use from a standing start......plus tyres aren’t cheap!! but put the foot down when you’re sitting at 30-40 and it certainly puts a smile on your face.

NWH

« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2021, 11:01:43 pm »
Audi RS 5 cylinder 👌

Splash & dash

« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2021, 11:25:07 pm »
I would definitely remap that Golf it would be night and day,Audi over an M for remapping £1000 gets you another 70-80hp to nearly 480bhp from stock in an hour if you try and get that out of an M2 it’s loads of cash and you can put the power down with the Audi. Should have got an RS3 Daz,eat you’re Golf like a peanut.

absolutely no need at all...the golf is fine as it is....it still pulls you back in your seat!im really impressed with the acceleration.....the S 3s are just ridiculously expensive brand new and the boots are not as big(for my drums when we start gigging again).....

Currently we’ve got a BMW m140i on a stage 1 map, running 420bhp and 600nm of torque, now that kicks you in the seat like anything!

I’m thinking of selling it soon, looking at getting a kit car from MK sports cars as they only down the road from me. Track days etc will be fun in one.

The beemer is so unbelievably fast it’s almost unusable. In fact I had more fun in my Ibiza gti cupras, mx5’s etc when in early 20’s.

The noise though, the straight 6 turbo is a beaut. Fastest car I’ve had and been in, it’s lightning quick, leaves m2’s for dead. Although I’d rather have an m2  ;D

The B58 engine in my M140i is one of the best engines around,it’s in several new M cars as well as the new supra. The stock engine can hold 500bhp tunes with ease. Some kit!

These days anything in the 6-7 second to 60 bracket is slow... but I get it’s still fun Daz.
That’s the engine my wife’s car uses, being the X4 it will be quite heavy but still manages 0-60 in under 5 seconds. I’d imagine the smaller lighter 140i even as standard would be quicker still.

Yes mate, you’re talking 3.5-4 seconds in the m140i if, and it’s a big if, you can get the traction, which only event happens once a year. There is way too much tourque to launch perfectly. Usually doing the 4.8’s to 60 in mine. Using a timing app.

It’s 40-100 that’s mind blowing. It’s just so rapid it’s almost unbelievable. We have had the stage 1 map though. Stock 140’s run around 350bhp.
I know what you mean,  I’ve got an M4 and as you say the traction off the spot just isn’t there, there’s only so much power you can use from a standing start......plus tyres aren’t cheap!! but put the foot down when you’re sitting at 30-40 and it certainly puts a smile on your face.

Another reason to get an Audi 4 wheel drive  no wheel spin just flat out off the mark leave the rear drive boys sitting there 😂😂😂😂😂

KS Cleaning

« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2021, 11:40:38 pm »
Audi RS 5 cylinder 👌
If I do change out of the M4 it would probably be for the Mercedes C class C63 AMG👌

NWH

« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2021, 11:42:30 pm »
I’ve driven both when I got out of the M4 I could have gotten out of any larger fast car you can’t drive it or the M2 how you’d like to in wet or damp weather even with traction on,different ball game in the Audi in any weather.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2021, 11:45:07 pm »

Another reason to get an Audi 4 wheel drive  no wheel spin just flat out off the mark leave the rear drive boys sitting there 😂😂😂😂😂
There are pros and cons for FWD, RWD and AWD, personally I enjoy the ride of a rear wheel drive.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2021, 11:47:18 pm »
I’ve driven both when I got out of the M4 I could have gotten out of any larger fast car you can’t drive it or the M2 how you’d like to in wet or damp weather even with traction on,different ball game in the Audi in any weather.
I don’t need to drive mine in wet weather.....that’s what the wife’s cars for😆

NWH

« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2021, 11:47:42 pm »
I was actually going to mention the C43 I know someone that’s got 1 which is also 4 wheel drive although his is very drab looking it’s a 69 plate old dash etc,apart from the quad pipes just looks like a normal C Class.
The only Merc I like the look of at the moment is the A45s + complete luxury and silly quick the trouble with a lot of the A45s+ they come with that stupid ironing board spoiler,I know you can spec it out from new but I wouldn’t bother you can get them 7-8k cheaper with 1500 miles.

NWH

« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2021, 11:49:42 pm »

That 4 wheel drive you’re wife’s got they rate better than the M version for ride.

NWH

« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2021, 11:52:15 pm »
I got to get something I can also put logs in the back for the burner 🤣🤣

KS Cleaning

« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2021, 11:55:57 pm »

That 4 wheel drive you’re wife’s got they rate better than the M version for ride.
Aye maybe on dual carriageway and motorways but there is no comparison the handling on country roads.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2021, 12:08:51 am »
I was actually going to mention the C43 I know someone that’s got 1 which is also 4 wheel drive although his is very drab looking it’s a 69 plate old dash etc,apart from the quad pipes just looks like a normal C Class.
The only Merc I like the look of at the moment is the A45s + complete luxury and silly quick the trouble with a lot of the A45s+ they come with that stupid ironing board spoiler,I know you can spec it out from new but I wouldn’t bother you can get them 7-8k cheaper with 1500 miles.
Don’t think I would have the 43, it would be a 63 AMG coupe, it’s a V8

NWH

« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2021, 12:12:50 am »
Yeah but do you mean the RWD version even muted they sound good I think personally,again I think I’d struggle to go for anything like that unless it was 4WD.

NWH

« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2021, 12:15:04 am »
The bloke I know that’s got the C43 got it nearly 10 cheaper because it was stock left over just before the facelift version,horrible wheels on his 5 spoke jobbies dreadful things.

zesty

« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2021, 07:00:50 am »
Audi RS 5 cylinder 👌
If I do change out of the M4 it would probably be for the Mercedes C class C63 AMG👌

Yes mate c63 is sweet!

M4 not a bad car though, bet you love it   ;D

simon w

« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2021, 03:53:34 pm »

Thanks for all your personal advice and input but I have decided it's better the devil you know and have decided to stick with a manual gear box, the van dealership have also advised on this when I explained that the van is fully loaded up on a daily basis.

I've decided to go with a Ford Custom 340 LWB 170 FWD  if I place an order this month it should be ready for July/August  :o  ;D

Splash & dash

« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2021, 04:10:33 pm »

Thanks for all your personal advice and input but I have decided it's better the devil you know and have decided to stick with a manual gear box, the van dealership have also advised on this when I explained that the van is fully loaded up on a daily basis.

I've decided to go with a Ford Custom 340 LWB 170 FWD  if I place an order this month it should be ready for July/August  :o  ;D

Either the  auto van you are looking at is a load of rubbish or the dealer doesn’t know what he’s talking about an auto box if far better suited at dealing with heavy weights and steep inclines as they have a certain amount of “slip” built into them for pulling away or reversing .

KS Cleaning

« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2021, 04:43:16 pm »

Unless you are specking it up why don’t you see what stock’s available? Mind you dealerships don’t usually order in the 340 unless someone has ordered one. Personally I think you will regret not going Auto, I have never heard of Auto’s struggling with weight. I take it due to Covid you’re not allowed a test drive at the moment? If so I would wait until the rules are relaxed a bit so you can test drive an auto before committing to a manual.

simon w

« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2021, 05:08:34 pm »

Either the  auto van you are looking at is a load of rubbish or the dealer doesn’t know what he’s talking about an auto box if far better suited at dealing with heavy weights and steep inclines as they have a certain amount of “slip” built into them for pulling away or reversing .

It's one of these. Ford Transit Custom 340 LWB Limited 2.0 EcoBlue 170ps FWD