This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Edge Clean

Ladder Fall.
« on: September 15, 2020, 11:03:46 am »
Sorry to report but I have just been notified by my Son, that a lad he was working with today has taken a fall from his ladder from an upstairs window and is on way to hospital with head injuries, will keep you informed with developments.

Rob.Hall

Re: Ladder Fall.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 11:48:09 am »
Hope he is ok.
How is your son?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 12:17:08 pm »
So sorry to hear this. Please do keep us updated.
It's a game of three halves!

matty72

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 01:06:08 pm »
All the best

zesty

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 01:23:10 pm »
Hope the outcome is ok.

GeorgeP

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 02:05:11 pm »
Hope he is okay, bet its knocked your son for 6

NWH

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 03:51:40 pm »
Fell off a few time’s years ago whilst working with ladders so did the guy that used to work for me,pure luck we got away with it many times 3 floors up the point of the ladder on a wafer thin bit of cement on the edge of the window.
If you think about it using ladders to clean windows these days is just madness when they are simply not needed,hope the guys ok.

tom20001

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 04:08:47 pm »
Sorry to hear this. Hope all is ok..been there, done the 3 weeks in hospital after and much more complications after that. Not a nice thing at all

simon w

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2020, 05:27:33 pm »
Sorry to report but I have just been notified by my Son, that a lad he was working with today has taken a fall from his ladder from an upstairs window and is on way to hospital with head injuries, will keep you informed with developments.

Thanks mate

Edge Clean

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2020, 06:55:24 pm »
Update

The ambulance was called and on scene in minutes, the lad that fell landed face first onto the ground, his injuries are horrific, head and back, he has been transferred to another hospital and placed in an induced coma as he has bleeding on the brain, that's all I know for now.

I hope he pulls through and my thoughts go out to his family at this time.

This has really shaken my son up as we mainly work trad, although we have WFP for our own business.

My lad was working with this company as he had just sold them some customers in an area they both had work, he was only supposed to be out with them yesterday, but the combined round pushed the work into a 2nd day.

He came home yesterday and the first thing he moaned to me about was the ladders they were using, flimsy ladders with plastic feet that were to short for jobs, my lad saying he had to put ladder on 2nd last rung to get enough height to do windows, he got a severe row off me for that as we never extend ladders over half way.

The reason we use trad is that when we moved back to the area and tried WFP, customers moaned as another WC had gave it a bad reputation, we took hundreds of jobs of this WFP cleaner, but as from tomorrow all customers on our rounds will now be done by wfp on tops and trad bottoms,  no excuses or their dumped.

I hope that other trad window cleaners wake up to the dangers of ladders once more of this incident comes to light and they move over to wfp.

Stay safe out there lads.

Tam

KS Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2020, 07:16:24 pm »
Update

The ambulance was called and on scene in minutes, the lad that fell landed face first onto the ground, his injuries are horrific, head and back, he has been transferred to another hospital and placed in an induced coma as he has bleeding on the brain, that's all I know for now.

This has really shaken my son up as we mainly work trad, although we have WFP for our own business.

My lad was working with this company as he had just sold them some customers in an area they both had work, he was only supposed to be out with them yesterday, but the combined round pushed the work into a 2nd day.

He came home yesterday and the first thing he moaned to me about was the ladders they were using, flimsy ladders with plastic feet that were to short for jobs, my lad saying he had to put ladder on 2nd last rung to get enough height to do windows, he got a severe row off me for that as we never extend ladders over half way.

The reason we use trad is that when we moved back to the area and tried WFP, customers moaned as another WC had gave it a bad reputation, we took hundreds of jobs of this WFP cleaner, but as from tomorrow all customers on our rounds will now be done by wfp on tops and trad bottoms,  no excuses or their dumped.

I hope that other trad window cleaners wake up to the dangers of ladders once more of this incident comes to light and they move over to wfp.

Tam
Hope the guy involved makes a speedy and full recovery.
Why didn’t you just tell your customers that it’s not the WFP that does a bad job, it’s the person operating it.

lal

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2020, 08:05:52 pm »

I hope he pulls through this, poor fella.

Innocence & Experience

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2020, 08:09:46 pm »
That sounds horrific, poor lad, wishing him and his family well.

TomCrowther

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2020, 09:44:46 pm »
Poor bloke. I hope he’s not too bad.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2020, 11:03:49 pm »
Sounds horrific.....hope he s gonna be ok?.....I've fell off ladders twice and landed on my heels from first floor height(ladder slipped down the wall both times)....luckily I was fine apart from a sore ankle first time and a slightly sore lower back second time...I went for x ray came back fine.....very very lucky!
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2020, 11:06:52 pm »
Every customer who's doubted WFP I simply tell them not to pay me if their not happy with the clean once theyve dried......

I've never not been paid in 10+ years of WFP....
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2020, 01:07:55 pm »
I’ve said the same over the years I like seeing their faces when they come up really well,really doubt it and then can’t believe that if you know what you’re doing and you’ve done the hours long course jobs a god”n” 🤣🤣🤣

NWH

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2020, 01:09:14 pm »
When they see the water steaming hot they know you mean business anyway  💪

swanson

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2020, 06:37:04 pm »
Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2020, 12:45:02 pm »
Update

Tam

So Sorry to hear of this fall, and the serious injuries. My thoughts to you and the chap concerned. Hopes for a good recovery
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology