This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Re: Ladder Fall.
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2020, 03:58:42 pm »
I get quite a lot of people wanting trad and i just think you selfish git, you want me to struggle climbing up ladders risking injury because you "dont like them left wet"

This is why times have moved on, everything does eventually, im sure one day window cleaning will become obsolete (hopefully not in my lifetime)

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2020, 04:19:52 pm »
I get quite a lot of people wanting trad and i just think you selfish git, you want me to struggle climbing up ladders risking injury because you "dont like them left wet"

This is why times have moved on, everything does eventually, im sure one day window cleaning will become obsolete (hopefully not in my lifetime)

i cant remember when i customer last said they prefer me to climb ladders.......it was years ago.......in fact i couldnt clean half the windows on my round if i went back to the ladders.......
price higher/work harder!

jk999

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2020, 05:22:00 pm »
is that because your so good at cleaning Windows dazmond 😂😂😂

Shrek

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2020, 05:24:05 pm »
I wonder how roofers get on these days  ??? How on earth do they manage climbing ladders to get on a roof?

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2020, 06:38:18 pm »
I wonder how roofers get on these days  ??? How on earth do they manage climbing ladders to get on a roof?

theres a guy who lives over the road from me...he used to be a roofer until he fell off one about 15 years ago.......he can hardly walk(he still walks with a heavy limp)....he had one of them metal brace things drilled into his shinbone for years.... :(

Jonny 87

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2020, 06:48:11 pm »

I’d say a roofer is a lot less at risk than a window cleaner who uses ladders.

I used to do about 100 ladder climbs a day when I was traditional.

A roofer might only do 2.

Hope the lad recovers ok. Sounds terrible.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

johnny bravo

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2020, 07:12:07 pm »
i often use doubles   to gutter clean     upto 11+ runs, double extensions, heavy duty, not tinny cheap alluminium,  always with a stand off.          im getting to hate these jobs as i know the danger.      there is only a certain height noww i will go upto.     normal terraced house height.

This is a freightening situation to happen.          most young lads will run up and down as i did when i first stared out.     I would not be doing it now if i was not doing WFP. 
we all hope he recovers.       

JandS

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2020, 08:02:25 pm »
Most decent roofers  now insist on scaffold, my mate does.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2020, 12:54:03 pm »
i often use doubles   to gutter clean     upto 11+ runs, double extensions, heavy duty, not tinny cheap alluminium,  always with a stand off.          im getting to hate these jobs as i know the danger.      there is only a certain height noww i will go upto.     normal terraced house height.

This is a freightening situation to happen.          most young lads will run up and down as i did when i first stared out.     I would not be doing it now if i was not doing WFP. 
we all hope he recovers.       

Bin them off mate....none of us are getting any younger....

I dont do any gutter clearing at all now as I'm busy enough with wfp cleaning from the ground....

KS Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2020, 03:56:41 pm »

we all hope he recovers.       

Bin them off mate....none of us are getting any younger....

I dont do any gutter clearing at all now as I'm busy enough with wfp cleaning from the ground....
Me neither, in fact when I got a new van a year ago I made the decision not to put a roof rack on it, so anything that needed a ladder for access onto a flat roof etc got binned off too.

robbo333

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2020, 06:27:00 pm »
A guy I know trads bungalows only. He's nearing retirement and is always busy.
I found out that he fell off a ladder (a while back) and broke both his ankles and that's why he now only trads bungalows.
Fair play to him...
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

NWH

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2020, 08:17:48 pm »
I have to agree tbh if you have a ladder that’s to long to go in the back of the van it’s too long,I have one and it’s about 6” too long to go in but I won’t be getting another van with a roof rack either.
I’ll go up onto a low flat roof these days but that’s it and nearly all the time that’s to clean a roof of some sort with WFP,some people still going around using ladders for a couple of reasons usually they’ve no place to make or get water or can’t afford to get setup.
Doesn’t matter how often or skilled you think you are on a ladder at some stage you will fall off,no different to having a motorbike they’ve all fallen off at some point.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2020, 09:22:39 pm »
I have to agree tbh if you have a ladder that’s to long to go in the back of the van it’s too long,I have one and it’s about 6” too long to go in but I won’t be getting another van with a roof rack either.
I’ll go up onto a low flat roof these days but that’s it and nearly all the time that’s to clean a roof of some sort with WFP,some people still going around using ladders for a couple of reasons usually they’ve no place to make or get water or can’t afford to get setup.
Doesn’t matter how often or skilled you think you are on a ladder at some stage you will fall off,no different to having a motorbike they’ve all fallen off at some point.
Really? You do make up some rubbish NWH😂

NWH

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2020, 10:39:35 pm »
If you talk to any serious biker or someone who’s used ladders for years they’ve all come a cropper at some point,if not they are the ones talking you’re crap.

Elfyn

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2020, 09:01:12 am »
WFP was developed to be a safer way to clean windows. HSE say that if a safer method is availabl, it should be used. If they get involved to investigate an injury, it's the first thing they will ask and if trad is used when WFP is available, they will not be happy.
I hope that the lad make a full recovery.

NWH

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2020, 09:47:10 am »
I would say it’s a  given if WFP is available I would never let an employee climb a ladder these days.

Ste M

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2020, 10:27:46 am »
Ive got a motorbike and covered thousands of miles each year, never fell off.

Now if you did your research properly you would of said a horse rider, interesting stat is everyone who owns a horse has fell off, fact

TomCrowther

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2020, 04:55:02 pm »
And unicyclists.

NWH

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2020, 05:21:10 pm »
Bikes are terrible things what’s the statistics with people killed on our roads regarding motorcycles could someone please enlighten me.

NWH

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2020, 05:26:48 pm »
Average 350-500 deaths since 2016-20 a year apparently huge amount more serious injury accidents go unreported and are not included within the overall statistics.