This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robbo333

Re: Ladder Fall.
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2020, 05:40:52 pm »
I was trad for about 2 years and luckily never had a fall.
I've ridden motorbikes for over 25 years, never came off. I did stop once and couldn't put my feet down...how embarrassing!
My friend's son is a very young professional jockey. He's come off twice and both times it's been broken bones, ribs, shoulders that kind of thing.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

NWH

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2020, 06:14:14 pm »
Whoever hasn’t come off a bike or a ladder if they’ve been on or up em for years is very lucky that’s all I can say.

robbo333

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2020, 06:55:40 pm »
Whoever hasn’t come off a bike or a ladder if they’ve been on or up em for years is very lucky that’s all I can say.

I must say, I have to agree.
My brother was a motorcycle courier in London for 2 years and never had a serious accident. Taking off a wing mirror was a daily occurrence.
He did once, half fill his motorbike with diesel. Apparently he smoked out the entire Blackwall Tunnel. The irony was the police had set up a speed trap at the end of the tunnel, heard his massively noisy motorbike coming and were ready with their cameras. However, his bike wouldn't do more than 30 mph, because it was full of diesel. Lots of smoke and noise, but not much else!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

NWH

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2020, 07:15:55 pm »
I know many bikers and I’ve known a few who are no longer with us due to a motorcycle,drive along in a car run over a branch at 50-60mph you hear it and think nothing of it or dislodged cats eye-large rock you drive on,do that on a bike there’s a very good chance that could kill you. There’s no getting away from it they are dangerous in any hands,one split second as they say about Joey Dunlop.
I don’t know why we even bother to have a debate about ladders for goodness sake,why are people still using them to clean windows.

NWH

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2020, 07:19:30 pm »
Pay £2000 for a bike these days you’ve got Lamborghini performance,trouble is the blokes riding em reminiscent of their biking days 25 years earlier fail to realise they aren’t like the bikes they once rode 🤣🤣🤣.

windowswashed

« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2020, 07:45:33 pm »
Rode a bike two up down a country lane and decided I was going to fast to make the sharp bend so told my mate to brace himself as I decided to go straight on through the hedgerow instead, we had a soft landing in a muddy field, beat sliding the bike on a sharp bend  ;D

NWH

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2020, 07:53:47 pm »
🤣🤣 with a bike it’s not a wing or a bonnet it’s you’re  leg or you’re head,0-60 and stop again within 3 seconds lol yeah they’re safe.

Bungle

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2020, 07:57:14 pm »
I was trad for about 2 years and luckily never had a fall.
I've ridden motorbikes for over 25 years, never came off. I did stop once and couldn't put my feet down...how embarrassing!
My friend's son is a very young professional jockey. He's come off twice and both times it's been broken bones, ribs, shoulders that kind of thing.

You’ve ridden for over 25 years and not come off? It hurts! You must be a very careful rider.
We look at them, they look through them.

Dave Willis

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2020, 08:09:35 pm »
I’ve fallen off every bike I owned and had a terrible fall from some skirtingboard ladders.

Ste M

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2020, 08:51:27 pm »
NWH Ive rode a bike for 8 years now, I passed my tested at 36 and went straight onto a 675 daytona. I now ride a BMW s1000rr, 207hp and nearly 190 top speed, guess what? Ive never crashed or nearly died, amazing isn't it, however I have fell off ladders, therefore in my eyes ladders are more dangerous.

Thing is ive experience of both but i don't go round preaching whats dangerous and what isn't

NWH

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2020, 09:20:22 pm »
Be careful they ride that bike round the Isle of Man all they do is change the tyres change the pads and discs  and tweek the suspension 😂,lovely piece of machinery very very quick beats nearly all cars over a 1/4 mile.

NWH

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2020, 09:20:37 pm »
And planes 🤣.

Ste M

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2020, 09:21:39 pm »
ive been the IOM plenty of times as well. I also sponsor one of the riders there

NWH

« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2020, 09:23:32 pm »
Really we we’re going to go last year couldn’t book anywhere the only thing left was glamping we didn’t fancy that at the time,decent accommodation as you’ll know needs to be booked 2-3 years in advance.

Ste M

« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2020, 11:29:13 pm »
We rent a school teachers flat, have done for years, she has now moved to a bigger detached house so now we have even more room

NWH

« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2020, 11:46:01 pm »
Where on the course is her house id like to be able to get to the bottom of Bagarrow and at some point the middle of Sulby straight and then spend a bit of time near Ballagarey.

Ste M

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2020, 12:41:37 pm »
Where not far from QB, also managed to get onto the roof of that pub the last few years as we got on very well with the landlord.

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2020, 12:51:24 pm »
Just to add to the debate, I rode my first bike 1967 and have rode ever since and still do today, I've had 3 accidents, 1 serious with concussion, broken leg and collar bone and 2 minor  ones with just cuts and bruises

I've been cleaning windows since 1975 and have never fallen off a ladder yet, wfp these days  and only use ladders on the odd occasion when cleaning gutters out

NWH

« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2020, 01:42:35 pm »
Stay saaaafe guys,beee seeeing you 👌

NWH

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2020, 01:43:35 pm »
Where not far from QB, also managed to get onto the roof of that pub the last few years as we got on very well with the landlord.

You get on with the landlady you get on with the landlord lol you are a drunk womaniser 🤣🤣🤣