This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nathan Tipping

Re: Ladder Fall.
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2020, 03:53:57 pm »
Hope he recovers well, keep us updated!

robbo333

Re: Ladder Fall.
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2020, 07:33:34 pm »
I was trad for about 2 years and luckily never had a fall.
I've ridden motorbikes for over 25 years, never came off. I did stop once and couldn't put my feet down...how embarrassing!
My friend's son is a very young professional jockey. He's come off twice and both times it's been broken bones, ribs, shoulders that kind of thing.

You’ve ridden for over 25 years and not come off? It hurts! You must be a very careful rider.

I was careful.
Don't get me wrong, i've had some serious near misses but never been off.
The traffic in Essex got so bad, my 22 mile journey to work took forever in a car.
So I bought a motorbike.
My brother used to rally cars and do motocross, so I looked to him for inspiration.
After a few bikes, I ended up with a BMW R1100gs. I never had a car (my missus did) so I used this bike every day for over 4 years. Even in the snow and ice. Luckily it had abs brakes. I reckon this saved my life about 3 times.
I did advanced motorcycle training blah blah blah very clever stuff.
The irony is I ended up single in Bournemouth.
Don't get me wrong, Bournemouth is lovely but the state of the roads are awful. I mean bloody awful.
I've got a Toyota Hiace and when I hit a bump I think 'jesus christ'!
I bought an original 600 fazer to nip about on (I liked the original ones) but the roads are so bad, I sold it.
I can't go a month off work with a broken wrist!
I do miss it!!!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"