Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Splash & dash

Re: Working tomorrow yes or no
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2020, 08:12:24 pm »
When you next go to the shops take a look around you and you tell me if you are safer there or at work,the minimum you need when you go shopping is a proper mask that covers nose and mouth and surgical grade disposable gloves.
When you get back to your vehicle the gloves need to be replaced again.
If you don’t do this when you go shopping you are always going to be at risk touching trolleys or baskets or anything other people have touched come to that matter,just because you ain’t working doesn’t mean you are safe if go out working not near anyone most of the day you are safer.

Ime not arguing about supermarket s I agree with you , going to get food is essential , cleaning windows isn’t Ime happy to take 3-6 months off if needs be ,

Bungle

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2020, 08:16:08 pm »

Not my van I might add. Posted elsewhere. Make sure you keep an eye on your van everyone.
We look at them, they look through them.

james peters

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2020, 08:16:18 pm »
daz….you are probably one of the most inspirational guys  on this forum …. but saying minimal risk , and less risk just wont cut it pal .
with this pandemic is not the answer. any risk with this , in fact just one risk mulyiplies to 3 and so on 

Missing Link

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2020, 09:07:12 pm »
daz….you are probably one of the most inspirational guys  on this forum …. but saying minimal risk , and less risk just wont cut it pal .
with this pandemic is not the answer. any risk with this , in fact just one risk mulyiplies to 3 and so on

You ought to let the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies know that they've got it all wrong along with the Chief Medical Officer and Chief Scientific Officer.

I mean many of them have only spent their lives studying for this very scenario, so you'd better let them know that a semi-literate window cleaner from Hull has seen that they've advised the government incorrectly.

Well done, mate, not all super heroes wear capes (and some even have a bucket on a belt).
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

dazmond

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2020, 09:14:19 pm »

Stay at home then.......I'm going to work
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2020, 09:34:51 pm »

Not my van I might add. Posted elsewhere. Make sure you keep an eye on your van everyone.
Won’t happen to my van unless I’m driving coz I’ll be in the woods working almost.

mufcglen

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2020, 09:43:43 pm »
I’m staying off, last week I was like sod it im going working Monday then over the weekend seeing Italy hit 1000 deaths a day and Spain not far behind and they predict this week is a very important time for us with it forecast to double every 2 days I’ve decided not to.
I sat down with the wife and being the only bread earner we looked at our finances and I can last 4-5 months if needed but I will take it week by week and I know it will get worse before it gets better but if the predictions is this week is very crucial then I’ll take it off.
I know we all think we’ll be safe and no contact with custards etc but thinking about what you drag your hose through throughout the day and even reeling it in with a rag soaked in disinfectant I think there’s a chance you could still pick it up on your pole, clothing, van interior etc then take it home for your family😩
Good luck to you guys grafting if you need to go out and earn a crust and stay safe😉

CleanClear

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2020, 09:48:25 pm »

You ought to let the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies know that they've got it all wrong along with the Chief Medical Officer and Chief Scientific Officer.

I mean many of them have only spent their lives studying for this very scenario, so you'd better let them know that a semi-literate window cleaner from Hull has seen that they've advised the government incorrectly.

Well done, mate, not all super heroes wear capes (and some even have a bucket on a belt).

Government advice................. Stay at Home unless neccessary. Don't pick out which bits of advice you want.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

KS Cleaning

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2020, 10:42:33 pm »
I’m staying off, last week I was like sod it im going working Monday then over the weekend seeing Italy hit 1000 deaths a day and Spain not far behind and they predict this week is a very important time for us with it forecast to double every 2 days I’ve decided not to.
I sat down with the wife and being the only bread earner we looked at our finances and I can last 4-5 months if needed but I will take it week by week and I know it will get worse before it gets better but if the predictions is this week is very crucial then I’ll take it off.
I know we all think we’ll be safe and no contact with custards etc but thinking about what you drag your hose through throughout the day and even reeling it in with a rag soaked in disinfectant I think there’s a chance you could still pick it up on your pole, clothing, van interior etc then take it home for your family😩
Good luck to you guys grafting if you need to go out and earn a crust and stay safe😉
Respect. Someone deciding not to work, but having no ill feeling towards the ones that continue to do so.

Missing Link

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2020, 10:48:04 pm »
Government advice................. Stay at Home unless neccessary. Don't pick out which bits of advice you want.

Spot on.  It's a shame I'm tee-total otherwise I could drive to the local off licence and grab a couple of bottles of whiskey because booze is obviously essential:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-off-licences-deemed-essential-during-lockdown-as-they-are-added-to-govt-list-11963762

G Griffin

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2020, 11:11:15 pm »

Spot on.  It's a shame I'm tee-total otherwise I could drive to the local off licence and grab a couple of bottles of whiskey because booze is obviously essential:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-off-licences-deemed-essential-during-lockdown-as-they-are-added-to-govt-list-11963762
It is.
The Chief Medical Occifer is partial to a snifter.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2020, 11:11:58 pm »
I'll be working.
My economy needs me.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2020, 11:18:59 pm »
No.

Only the absolute desperate will be working.

To be fair to them, there are quite a lot of people without the funds to go for a few weeks or whatever and they will genuinely be scared financially and maybe to proud to ask for help. Even the Gov saying they'll pay them is fine, but they need the money now. And i also think a lot of the "carry on its fine brigade" (who have got savings) are genuinely scared/frightened and out of their comfort zone and by insisting its ok to carry on they're trying to bring or keep some normality into their lives. Sad for all of us, we're all desperate for something or another.
Excellent post, Mike.
I think you've just nailed all this bickering with that post.
You missed out the obligatory 'stay safe' at the end though .
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2020, 11:27:22 pm »

It's 'occifer.

The apostrophe indicates a missing letter 'h'.

No need to thank me.

dazmond

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2020, 11:38:56 pm »
I'll be working.
My economy needs me.

Yep it does.....so does your bank balance.........
price higher/work harder!

Mr B shine

« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2020, 11:41:11 pm »

[/quote]

Only that's not the full advice is it.

It's pretty clear that if you can't work from home you can travel/go to work.

So really where as I can respect people who don't wish to work your argument for not doing so is very much picking the bit of advice you want.

G Griffin

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2020, 11:52:18 pm »

It's 'occifer.

The apostrophe indicates a missing letter 'h'.

No need to thank me.
Thanks, Og.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2020, 11:58:05 pm »
I'll be working.
My economy needs me.

Yep it does.....so does your bank balance.........
Sorry, I should have said: I'm working from home.
There's more than one way to skin an NHS, so I'm going to help them and stay at home.
Stay safe workers and don't be taking up hostipal beds.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Jonny 87

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2020, 08:06:48 am »
No.

Only the absolute desperate will be working.
Is your wife still in the same well paid job? Maybe the absolute desperate ones are the only breadwinner in the family?

Window Cleaning is a fairly well paid occupation, if you can't afford to take 3 weeks off then you are not running a successful business.

If it was 3 weeks then no problem, take a holiday

The issue is it isnt going to be 3 weeks its going to be significantly longer.

Everyone has their own financial circumstances

I wont be getting feck all gov help as im not self employed, so im working despite having some savings.

The lockdown restriction won't be on for months, our government will be desperate to get the economy moving soon.

We will see how you feel in 3 months time when we are still in this kind of lockdown. (Soft lockdown, not full).
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

NWH

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2020, 11:36:03 am »
Complete rubbish they are saying who can work when they say if you must travel if you can’t work from home,they don’t follow that by saying and that is only key workers.  Builders window cleaners or any other trades they just say if you can’t work from home and you must work you must go by the guidelines,the 2 meter rule.