Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stuart howes

Working tomorrow yes or no
« on: March 29, 2020, 05:10:18 pm »
Yes or no
Are you working from tomorrow

C.C.S.

Re: Working tomorrow yes or no
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 05:11:06 pm »
Yes or no
Are you working from tomorrow

No unul further notice

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 05:11:39 pm »
Yes, only for customers that are happy.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

CleanClear

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 05:16:10 pm »

How will that pan out ?    "You look a bit down in the mouth today bud, i'm not cleaning them sorry"..............  ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 05:36:31 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/100007070011177/posts/2608726419373000?d=n&sfns=mo

Bang on ;D

Just remember though.... it's ok and we're all safe because people die anyway!! ::)roll
And those who know the stats are immune.
Comfortably Numb!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 05:38:15 pm »

How will that pan out ?    "You look a bit down in the mouth today bud, i'm not cleaning them sorry"..............  ;D

:D ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

Shrek

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2020, 05:53:10 pm »
What difference does it make if 10 people say yes and 10 people say no .... watcha gonna do  ???

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2020, 05:53:54 pm »
No - all closed as should any company with employees

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

p1w1

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2020, 05:57:36 pm »
Going to do a few blocks of flats one day this week I do for a management company and that's it, mainly to just cover working expenses for next month.

Lee Smith

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2020, 05:59:09 pm »
No.

Only the absolute desperate will be working.

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2020, 06:00:39 pm »
Yes.

Need to earn some brass

And, it's clear we can from the latest updates.

earn some money unfortunately

Bungle

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2020, 06:02:57 pm »
No, I’ve even picked up 10 new jobs this week that have sacked their window cleaner off due to spreading the virus.  One said that their cleaner even admitted to going to the shops every day and speeding in his car on the empty dual carriageway. All are happy to wait for me 👍👍
We look at them, they look through them.

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2020, 06:09:23 pm »
No, I’ve even picked up 10 new jobs this week that have sacked their window cleaner off due to spreading the virus.  One said that their cleaner even admitted to going to the shops every day and speeding in his car on the empty dual carriageway. All are happy to wait for me 👍👍

;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2020, 06:11:38 pm »
Plenty of work in Doncaster - their windowcleaner has self isolated with writers cramp.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2020, 06:20:22 pm »
No.

Is your wife still in the same well paid job? Maybe the absolute desperate ones are the only breadwinner in the family?

CleanClear

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2020, 06:24:03 pm »
No.

To be fair to them, there are quite a lot of people without the funds to go for a few weeks or whatever and they will genuinely be scared financially and maybe to proud to ask for help. Even the Gov saying they'll pay them is fine, but they need the money now. And i also think a lot of the "carry on its fine brigade" (who have got savings) are genuinely scared/frightened and out of their comfort zone and by insisting its ok to carry on they're trying to bring or keep some normality into their lives. Sad for all of us, we're all desperate for something or another.

Lee Smith

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2020, 06:28:27 pm »
No.

Is your wife still in the same well paid job? Maybe the absolute desperate ones are the only breadwinner in the family?

Window Cleaning is a fairly well paid occupation, if you can't afford to take 3 weeks off then you are not running a successful business.

Smudger

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2020, 06:31:45 pm »
I think we’re all in the same boat, but looking at those countries further down the line, harder lockdowns are in place why play Russian roulette?

Cleaning Windows IS NO WAY essential so why take the risk, in fact if you want to go out why not volunteer. And deliver to those really vulnerable in society ?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2020, 06:33:14 pm »
No.

Window Cleaning is a fairly well paid occupation, if you can't afford to take 3 weeks off then you are not running a successful business.

If it was 3 weeks then no problem, take a holiday

The issue is it isnt going to be 3 weeks its going to be significantly longer.

Everyone has their own financial circumstances

I wont be getting feck all gov help as im not self employed, so im working despite having some savings.

johnny bravo

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2020, 06:38:28 pm »
They are saying this can go into September then to see what happens,  on news now.     Can you wait for September  6 Months

NWH

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2020, 06:38:38 pm »
No.

No that’s not the case I’m working tomorrow and I don’t need the money I’m in the van from my house and to the job I won’t see a soul they know I’m coming in the sticks down a lane out the way.
Speak for yourself when you say we need the money,I’m doing a couple of days money in around 6 hours if I do that every week or so I’ll be happy if I can’t no worries.
Go to Tesco’s or that Bum shop-Asda-all the others if you want to catch something you’ve got way more chance there thsn you have going where I am in the morning.

pikeman

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2020, 06:39:13 pm »
Yes i am because my customers want me to. Ive given them the  choice also offered fronts only all want backs done also. But only doing those i can contact wouldn't just turn up. All done within government guidelines.

Lee Smith

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2020, 06:39:30 pm »
No.

I wont be getting feck all gov help as im not self employed, so im working despite having some savings.

The lockdown restriction won't be on for months, our government will be desperate to get the economy moving soon.

Stoots

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2020, 06:41:12 pm »
Yes i am because my customers want me to. Ive given them the  choice also offered fronts only all want backs done also. But only doing those i can contact wouldn't just turn up. All done within government guidelines.

Same, only doing those i have contact details for, no just turn up and clean jobs.

Stoots

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2020, 06:43:43 pm »
No.

The lockdown restriction won't be on for months, our government will be desperate to get the economy moving soon.

If im wrong and it only last 3 weeks, then ive earned 3 weeks money anyway
If im right and it last months ive earned more money to last me during a complete lockdown

Either way working, for me, is the right thing to do.

My partner works in care,  the risk of us getting this thing will come from her not me so may as well go to work.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2020, 06:47:09 pm »
I think we’re all in the same boat, but looking at those countries further down the line, harder lockdowns are in place why play Russian roulette?

Cleaning Windows IS NO WAY essential so why take the risk, in fact if you want to go out why not volunteer. And deliver to those really vulnerable in society ?

Darran
I know volunteers are needed Darran and hats off to those who do, but I would think that volunteering brings with it a bigger risk of both contracting and transmitting the virus than what window cleaning does. I know volunteers are vital but that’s the reality of it.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2020, 06:52:40 pm »
No.

I can afford to take 3 weeks off but like many others, choose not to. If you decide to take time off that’s fine, it’s your choice. But calling others desperate because they continue to work does you no favours at all.

james peters

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2020, 06:52:47 pm »
we are all little cogs of a massive nationwide wheel . to stop the virus and stop the wheel completely we all need to play a part .
we are all worried , and its horrible for all of us .
just stay home if you can . if we all do this the sooner we will be back to normal.

I KNOW IT SUCKS !

Franky2020

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2020, 07:09:13 pm »
Definitly working as have contacted customers who are happy im coming . This could go on for months ,so just as well work while youre able to.  There is no right or wrong here ,if you want to stay at home fair play to you,but if you can work within the guidelines then also why not. There really is no need to have divisions on here .

james peters

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2020, 07:16:58 pm »
Definitly working as have contacted customers who are happy im coming . This could go on for months ,so just as well work while youre able to.  There is no right or wrong here ,if you want to stay at home fair play to you,but if you can work within the guidelines then also why not. There really is no need to have divisions on here .

Its not that simple mate . nobody wants to stay at home . some of us have invested thousands of blood sweat and tears . thousands in money terms .
its not about what customers want . what WE want . its about reality , and how we can make it better as soon as possible .
as a collective , we have to play our part.  THE BIGGER PICTURE !
its scary seeing my partner off to work in hospital. we read all sorts of stuff on fb . but I can clarify this is very real

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2020, 07:32:02 pm »

I've not lost even one job yet.......most customers are pleased to see me.......6 large domestics to clean tomorrow £240....4 hours work then I'll head home......

I've texted all of them so I'll crack on as usual......

My dads in an isolation ward in hospital in a bad way...this virus will probably see him off now but he was going to die soon  from lung cancer regardless.......its not going to stop me working as I cant go and see him anyway.....
price higher/work harder!

Franky2020

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2020, 07:36:26 pm »
Yes very real ,but if we are being encouraged to continue work the goverment obviously dont see a problem as its a no contact job.
People are just going round in circles on here . If i thought I would cause any virus to anybody else then of course I would stop,simple as

kikjason

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2020, 07:38:49 pm »
I'm just waiting for a takeaway delivery... Is it really any different to us working?

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2020, 07:40:05 pm »

Its not that simple mate . nobody wants to stay at home . some of us have invested thousands of blood sweat and tears . thousands in money terms .
its not about what customers want . what WE want . its about reality , and how we can make it better as soon as possible .
its scary seeing my partner off to work in hospital. we read all sorts of stuff on fb . but I can clarify this is very real

Dont let your empire fall then.....get out and work if you can as your perfectly entitled to do so........and the risk is very small mate....just keep to the social distancing guidelines...wash hands frequently and dont accept tea and coffee......

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2020, 07:44:22 pm »
I'm just waiting for a takeaway delivery... Is it really any different to us working?

Just keep working mate(safely).ignore the  hysterical,panic stricken window cleaners.......dont let your business slide into the abyss.......

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2020, 07:45:57 pm »
You can only work if you're using hot water.  Cold water will spread the virus.

;D ;D ;D

Splash & dash

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2020, 07:56:51 pm »

Dont let your empire fall then.....get out and work if you can as your perfectly entitled to do so........and the risk is very small mate....just keep to the social distancing guidelines...wash hands frequently and dont accept tea and coffee......

Lol if it was that simple we wouldn’t be in the situation we are in , very simplistic view

NWH

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2020, 08:02:06 pm »
When you next go to the shops take a look around you and you tell me if you are safer there or at work,the minimum you need when you go shopping is a proper mask that covers nose and mouth and surgical grade disposable gloves.
When you get back to your vehicle the gloves need to be replaced again.
If you don’t do this when you go shopping you are always going to be at risk touching trolleys or baskets or anything other people have touched come to that matter,just because you ain’t working doesn’t mean you are safe if go out working not near anyone most of the day you are safer.

Shrek

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2020, 08:11:19 pm »
This gives you an idea of what doctors where for work now....

https://twitter.com/andrewbloch/status/1244333354679443456?s=21

Splash & dash

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2020, 08:12:24 pm »
When you next go to the shops take a look around you and you tell me if you are safer there or at work,the minimum you need when you go shopping is a proper mask that covers nose and mouth and surgical grade disposable gloves.
When you get back to your vehicle the gloves need to be replaced again.
If you don’t do this when you go shopping you are always going to be at risk touching trolleys or baskets or anything other people have touched come to that matter,just because you ain’t working doesn’t mean you are safe if go out working not near anyone most of the day you are safer.

Ime not arguing about supermarket s I agree with you , going to get food is essential , cleaning windows isn’t Ime happy to take 3-6 months off if needs be ,

Bungle

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2020, 08:16:08 pm »

Not my van I might add. Posted elsewhere. Make sure you keep an eye on your van everyone.
We look at them, they look through them.

james peters

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2020, 08:16:18 pm »
daz….you are probably one of the most inspirational guys  on this forum …. but saying minimal risk , and less risk just wont cut it pal .
with this pandemic is not the answer. any risk with this , in fact just one risk mulyiplies to 3 and so on 

Missing Link

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2020, 09:07:12 pm »
daz….you are probably one of the most inspirational guys  on this forum …. but saying minimal risk , and less risk just wont cut it pal .
with this pandemic is not the answer. any risk with this , in fact just one risk mulyiplies to 3 and so on

You ought to let the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies know that they've got it all wrong along with the Chief Medical Officer and Chief Scientific Officer.

I mean many of them have only spent their lives studying for this very scenario, so you'd better let them know that a semi-literate window cleaner from Hull has seen that they've advised the government incorrectly.

Well done, mate, not all super heroes wear capes (and some even have a bucket on a belt).
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

dazmond

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2020, 09:14:19 pm »

Stay at home then.......I'm going to work

NWH

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2020, 09:34:51 pm »

Not my van I might add. Posted elsewhere. Make sure you keep an eye on your van everyone.
Won’t happen to my van unless I’m driving coz I’ll be in the woods working almost.

mufcglen

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2020, 09:43:43 pm »
I’m staying off, last week I was like sod it im going working Monday then over the weekend seeing Italy hit 1000 deaths a day and Spain not far behind and they predict this week is a very important time for us with it forecast to double every 2 days I’ve decided not to.
I sat down with the wife and being the only bread earner we looked at our finances and I can last 4-5 months if needed but I will take it week by week and I know it will get worse before it gets better but if the predictions is this week is very crucial then I’ll take it off.
I know we all think we’ll be safe and no contact with custards etc but thinking about what you drag your hose through throughout the day and even reeling it in with a rag soaked in disinfectant I think there’s a chance you could still pick it up on your pole, clothing, van interior etc then take it home for your family😩
Good luck to you guys grafting if you need to go out and earn a crust and stay safe😉

CleanClear

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2020, 09:48:25 pm »

You ought to let the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies know that they've got it all wrong along with the Chief Medical Officer and Chief Scientific Officer.

I mean many of them have only spent their lives studying for this very scenario, so you'd better let them know that a semi-literate window cleaner from Hull has seen that they've advised the government incorrectly.

Well done, mate, not all super heroes wear capes (and some even have a bucket on a belt).

Government advice................. Stay at Home unless neccessary. Don't pick out which bits of advice you want.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2020, 10:42:33 pm »
I’m staying off, last week I was like sod it im going working Monday then over the weekend seeing Italy hit 1000 deaths a day and Spain not far behind and they predict this week is a very important time for us with it forecast to double every 2 days I’ve decided not to.
I sat down with the wife and being the only bread earner we looked at our finances and I can last 4-5 months if needed but I will take it week by week and I know it will get worse before it gets better but if the predictions is this week is very crucial then I’ll take it off.
I know we all think we’ll be safe and no contact with custards etc but thinking about what you drag your hose through throughout the day and even reeling it in with a rag soaked in disinfectant I think there’s a chance you could still pick it up on your pole, clothing, van interior etc then take it home for your family😩
Good luck to you guys grafting if you need to go out and earn a crust and stay safe😉
Respect. Someone deciding not to work, but having no ill feeling towards the ones that continue to do so.

Missing Link

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2020, 10:48:04 pm »
Government advice................. Stay at Home unless neccessary. Don't pick out which bits of advice you want.

Spot on.  It's a shame I'm tee-total otherwise I could drive to the local off licence and grab a couple of bottles of whiskey because booze is obviously essential:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-off-licences-deemed-essential-during-lockdown-as-they-are-added-to-govt-list-11963762

G Griffin

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2020, 11:11:15 pm »

Spot on.  It's a shame I'm tee-total otherwise I could drive to the local off licence and grab a couple of bottles of whiskey because booze is obviously essential:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-off-licences-deemed-essential-during-lockdown-as-they-are-added-to-govt-list-11963762
It is.
The Chief Medical Occifer is partial to a snifter.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2020, 11:11:58 pm »
I'll be working.
My economy needs me.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2020, 11:18:59 pm »
No.

To be fair to them, there are quite a lot of people without the funds to go for a few weeks or whatever and they will genuinely be scared financially and maybe to proud to ask for help. Even the Gov saying they'll pay them is fine, but they need the money now. And i also think a lot of the "carry on its fine brigade" (who have got savings) are genuinely scared/frightened and out of their comfort zone and by insisting its ok to carry on they're trying to bring or keep some normality into their lives. Sad for all of us, we're all desperate for something or another.
Excellent post, Mike.
I think you've just nailed all this bickering with that post.
You missed out the obligatory 'stay safe' at the end though .
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2020, 11:27:22 pm »

It's 'occifer.

The apostrophe indicates a missing letter 'h'.

No need to thank me.

dazmond

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2020, 11:38:56 pm »
I'll be working.
My economy needs me.

Yep it does.....so does your bank balance.........

Mr B shine

« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2020, 11:41:11 pm »

[/quote]

Only that's not the full advice is it.

It's pretty clear that if you can't work from home you can travel/go to work.

So really where as I can respect people who don't wish to work your argument for not doing so is very much picking the bit of advice you want.

G Griffin

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2020, 11:52:18 pm »

It's 'occifer.

The apostrophe indicates a missing letter 'h'.

No need to thank me.
Thanks, Og.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2020, 11:58:05 pm »
I'll be working.
My economy needs me.

Yep it does.....so does your bank balance.........
Sorry, I should have said: I'm working from home.
There's more than one way to skin an NHS, so I'm going to help them and stay at home.
Stay safe workers and don't be taking up hostipal beds.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Jonny 87

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2020, 08:06:48 am »
No.

We will see how you feel in 3 months time when we are still in this kind of lockdown. (Soft lockdown, not full).
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

NWH

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2020, 11:36:03 am »
Complete rubbish they are saying who can work when they say if you must travel if you can’t work from home,they don’t follow that by saying and that is only key workers.  Builders window cleaners or any other trades they just say if you can’t work from home and you must work you must go by the guidelines,the 2 meter rule.

Stoots

« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2020, 02:43:28 pm »
Been out today, not quite a full day but tell you what much better than being sat around looking at the news, forums etc and worrying.

2 customers chose to skip, 1 cancelled as just been made redundant. Other 14 cleaned no issues.

When I finished I nipped in morrisons just for a few bits and that confirmed to me I'd done the right thing working, I'd literally come into contact with no one until I went in there.

dazmond

« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2020, 04:15:37 pm »
6 large houses cleaned today out in a semi rural location........no hassle and easy to bang out......i wish every day was like today but im cleaning estate work the rest of the week so im expecting a few skipped cleans and maybe a few parking issues.....still its better than staying home all day earning nothing.....

Missing Link

« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2020, 06:39:31 pm »
I'm not working because I want to protect the elderly, vulnerable and the NHS.

Stoots

« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2020, 07:37:35 pm »
Getting quite a few skippers, 3 today and 4 so far for tomorrows work

mind you i am texting giving them the option to skip, i might just text as normal rest  of the week  :-X

On the positive side im getting a fair few back saying please carry on...

Franky2020

« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2020, 07:44:29 pm »
I worked today ,customers had no problem with it at all, zero contact.  I do understand why some are not working ,but this could go on a long time and would rather work whilst I can and the customers still have the money ,because after all this I fear many will be out of work or be well tight of money for window cleaning .  Do it while you can is my advice .

Stoots

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2020, 08:01:19 pm »
I worked today ,customers had no problem with it at all, zero contact.  I do understand why some are not working ,but this could go on a long time and would rather work whilst I can and the customers still have the money ,because after all this I fear many will be out of work or be well tight of money for window cleaning .  Do it while you can is my advice .

Exactly, no one know how long this will go on and those shutting down now could well be doing so prematurely. But as long as you can afford not to work you may as well have the time off.

P @ F

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2020, 08:17:11 pm »
I had the same kind of day as gomo , even did my shopping on the way home too

I am not waiting for the gov to say “ sorry you don’t qualify “
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

James Styles

« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2020, 09:35:43 pm »
Anyone of you who have messaged customers saying cleaning services are off for a bit to then going back to work what did you message you’re customers when you decided to go back? I bet it would be a bit awkward lol

dazmond

« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2020, 11:00:30 pm »

mind you i am texting giving them the option to skip, i might just text as normal rest  of the week  :-X

dont do this adam!just send them your normal text telling them your ll be calling tomorrow,no mention of the virus or the option to skip......if they really want to skip theyll let you know.....

never,ever ask a customer can you clean their windows...you tell them.....not ask........you need to be bold and confident IMO.....

NWH

« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2020, 12:18:47 am »
Been out today, not quite a full day but tell you what much better than being sat around looking at the news, forums etc and worrying.

2 customers chose to skip, 1 cancelled as just been made redundant. Other 14 cleaned no issues.

When I finished I nipped in morrisons just for a few bits and that confirmed to me I'd done the right thing working, I'd literally come into contact with no one until I went in there.
There you go exactly what I’ve been saying me as well the worst I’ve felt last few days was when I was shopping for food etc,far more risk getting food to take back home so you don’t have to come out till you run out yeah,I don’t think so.

Stoots

« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2020, 08:19:15 am »

dont do this adam!just send them your normal text telling them your ll be calling tomorrow,no mention of the virus or the option to skip......if they really want to skip theyll let you know.....

never,ever ask a customer can you clean their windows...you tell them.....not ask........you need to be bold and confident IMO.....

Yes I'll go back to normal texts.

No i never ask normally, but thought given the exceptional circumstances a bit of good will and understanding would help.

But you are absolutely ruthless daz  :D just cracking on no fecks given.. ... I like it!

kris martin

« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2020, 08:39:05 am »
No.

I agree but not only that they will also be thinking about mental health

P @ F

« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2020, 08:47:00 am »
I’m asking everybody through courtesy,  I have only had a few leave it’s so far , some people really don’t have the money at the moment , you must give them the choice in my book.
One yesterday said no , I didn’t expect it as he has a half million house , nice motors , rental property , villa in Spain, he owns a hardware shop but has decided to close and furlough to protect his staff .
At the moment has no income , probably giving the tenant a rent holiday and still paying his staff from his own pocket .
So he maybe not all that well off for the time being.
If they skip it doesn’t matter as with all the cautions we are having to take now is slowing us down anyway !

P @ F

« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2020, 09:09:03 am »
I’m also keeping an eye on confirmed cases in my city .
250,000 residents and 50 cases so far

Stoots

« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2020, 07:36:21 pm »
I’m asking everybody through courtesy,  I have only had a few leave it’s so far , some people really don’t have the money at the moment , you must give them the choice in my book.
One yesterday said no , I didn’t expect it as he has a half million house , nice motors , rental property , villa in Spain, he owns a hardware shop but has decided to close and furlough to protect his staff .
At the moment has no income , probably giving the tenant a rent holiday and still paying his staff from his own pocket .
If they skip it doesn’t matter as with all the cautions we are having to take now is slowing us down anyway !

I asked mondays and tuesdays work and got total of 6 skippers and 1 cancel

so tomorrows 20 jobs ive just sent my normal texts and not asked, so far no one has asked to leave it.

I thought i was doing the right thing asking, but in hindsight thats making it easy for them and giving them an excuse to skip.

It was mainly the newer customers or flakey ones that chose to skip though

Paul-kent

« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2020, 07:46:22 pm »

I asked mondays and tuesdays work and got total of 6 skippers and 1 cancel

so tomorrows 20 jobs ive just sent my normal texts and not asked, so far no one has asked to leave it.

I thought i was doing the right thing asking, but in hindsight thats making it easy for them and giving them an excuse to skip.

It was mainly the newer customers or flakey ones that chose to skip though

get a book and keep a note of all the skippers and cancelled jobs  as they could be classed as a covid-19 lose that's what i'm doing

G Griffin

Re: Working tomorrow yes or no New
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2020, 07:49:49 pm »
That's what it's for, Paul; good idea.
I don't think you'll need to prove it but it won't do any harm and it might give you some peace of mind.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐