This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Re: Working tomorrow yes or no
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2020, 02:43:28 pm »
Been out today, not quite a full day but tell you what much better than being sat around looking at the news, forums etc and worrying.

2 customers chose to skip, 1 cancelled as just been made redundant. Other 14 cleaned no issues.

When I finished I nipped in morrisons just for a few bits and that confirmed to me I'd done the right thing working, I'd literally come into contact with no one until I went in there.

dazmond

« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2020, 04:15:37 pm »
6 large houses cleaned today out in a semi rural location........no hassle and easy to bang out......i wish every day was like today but im cleaning estate work the rest of the week so im expecting a few skipped cleans and maybe a few parking issues.....still its better than staying home all day earning nothing.....
price higher/work harder!

Missing Link

« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2020, 06:39:31 pm »
I'm not working because I want to protect the elderly, vulnerable and the NHS.

Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Stoots

« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2020, 07:37:35 pm »
Getting quite a few skippers, 3 today and 4 so far for tomorrows work

mind you i am texting giving them the option to skip, i might just text as normal rest  of the week  :-X

On the positive side im getting a fair few back saying please carry on...

Franky2020

« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2020, 07:44:29 pm »
I worked today ,customers had no problem with it at all, zero contact.  I do understand why some are not working ,but this could go on a long time and would rather work whilst I can and the customers still have the money ,because after all this I fear many will be out of work or be well tight of money for window cleaning .  Do it while you can is my advice .

Stoots

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2020, 08:01:19 pm »
I worked today ,customers had no problem with it at all, zero contact.  I do understand why some are not working ,but this could go on a long time and would rather work whilst I can and the customers still have the money ,because after all this I fear many will be out of work or be well tight of money for window cleaning .  Do it while you can is my advice .

Exactly, no one know how long this will go on and those shutting down now could well be doing so prematurely. But as long as you can afford not to work you may as well have the time off.

P @ F

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2020, 08:17:11 pm »
I had the same kind of day as gomo , even did my shopping on the way home too

I am not waiting for the gov to say “ sorry you don’t qualify “
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

James Styles

« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2020, 09:35:43 pm »
Anyone of you who have messaged customers saying cleaning services are off for a bit to then going back to work what did you message you’re customers when you decided to go back? I bet it would be a bit awkward lol

dazmond

« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2020, 11:00:30 pm »

mind you i am texting giving them the option to skip, i might just text as normal rest  of the week  :-X

dont do this adam!just send them your normal text telling them your ll be calling tomorrow,no mention of the virus or the option to skip......if they really want to skip theyll let you know.....

never,ever ask a customer can you clean their windows...you tell them.....not ask........you need to be bold and confident IMO.....
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2020, 12:18:47 am »
Been out today, not quite a full day but tell you what much better than being sat around looking at the news, forums etc and worrying.

2 customers chose to skip, 1 cancelled as just been made redundant. Other 14 cleaned no issues.

When I finished I nipped in morrisons just for a few bits and that confirmed to me I'd done the right thing working, I'd literally come into contact with no one until I went in there.
There you go exactly what I’ve been saying me as well the worst I’ve felt last few days was when I was shopping for food etc,far more risk getting food to take back home so you don’t have to come out till you run out yeah,I don’t think so.

Stoots

« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2020, 08:19:15 am »

dont do this adam!just send them your normal text telling them your ll be calling tomorrow,no mention of the virus or the option to skip......if they really want to skip theyll let you know.....

never,ever ask a customer can you clean their windows...you tell them.....not ask........you need to be bold and confident IMO.....

Yes I'll go back to normal texts.

No i never ask normally, but thought given the exceptional circumstances a bit of good will and understanding would help.

But you are absolutely ruthless daz  :D just cracking on no fecks given.. ... I like it!

kris martin

« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2020, 08:39:05 am »
No.

Only the absolute desperate will be working.
Is your wife still in the same well paid job? Maybe the absolute desperate ones are the only breadwinner in the family?

Window Cleaning is a fairly well paid occupation, if you can't afford to take 3 weeks off then you are not running a successful business.

If it was 3 weeks then no problem, take a holiday

The issue is it isnt going to be 3 weeks its going to be significantly longer.

Everyone has their own financial circumstances

I wont be getting feck all gov help as im not self employed, so im working despite having some savings.

The lockdown restriction won't be on for months, our government will be desperate to get the economy moving soon.

I agree but not only that they will also be thinking about mental health

P @ F

« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2020, 08:47:00 am »
I’m asking everybody through courtesy,  I have only had a few leave it’s so far , some people really don’t have the money at the moment , you must give them the choice in my book.
One yesterday said no , I didn’t expect it as he has a half million house , nice motors , rental property , villa in Spain, he owns a hardware shop but has decided to close and furlough to protect his staff .
At the moment has no income , probably giving the tenant a rent holiday and still paying his staff from his own pocket .
So he maybe not all that well off for the time being.
If they skip it doesn’t matter as with all the cautions we are having to take now is slowing us down anyway !

P @ F

« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2020, 09:09:03 am »
I’m also keeping an eye on confirmed cases in my city .
250,000 residents and 50 cases so far

Stoots

« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2020, 07:36:21 pm »
I’m asking everybody through courtesy,  I have only had a few leave it’s so far , some people really don’t have the money at the moment , you must give them the choice in my book.
One yesterday said no , I didn’t expect it as he has a half million house , nice motors , rental property , villa in Spain, he owns a hardware shop but has decided to close and furlough to protect his staff .
At the moment has no income , probably giving the tenant a rent holiday and still paying his staff from his own pocket .
If they skip it doesn’t matter as with all the cautions we are having to take now is slowing us down anyway !

I asked mondays and tuesdays work and got total of 6 skippers and 1 cancel

so tomorrows 20 jobs ive just sent my normal texts and not asked, so far no one has asked to leave it.

I thought i was doing the right thing asking, but in hindsight thats making it easy for them and giving them an excuse to skip.

It was mainly the newer customers or flakey ones that chose to skip though

Paul-kent

« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2020, 07:46:22 pm »

I asked mondays and tuesdays work and got total of 6 skippers and 1 cancel

so tomorrows 20 jobs ive just sent my normal texts and not asked, so far no one has asked to leave it.

I thought i was doing the right thing asking, but in hindsight thats making it easy for them and giving them an excuse to skip.

It was mainly the newer customers or flakey ones that chose to skip though

get a book and keep a note of all the skippers and cancelled jobs  as they could be classed as a covid-19 lose that's what i'm doing

G Griffin

Re: Working tomorrow yes or no New
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2020, 07:49:49 pm »
That's what it's for, Paul; good idea.
I don't think you'll need to prove it but it won't do any harm and it might give you some peace of mind.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐