This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Police Officers Cannot Stop You Working
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2020, 04:25:12 pm »
surely some of the constabulary have there windows cleaned. has anyone on here got a police officer as a customer who has stopped them working. i have 1 and been told to carry on. don't think they would risk there reputation if they though it was breaking any rules.

I have several police officers as customers we have decided to shut down and not work I have spoken to one of them and the policy down hear is anyone who isn’t a key worker is told to go home ,we have read blocks every few miles , if ones argue they are going to be issued a fine and possible arrest , he said the direction from government is crystal clear stay home , the exception is for  key workers that need to travel to work not non essential jobs like window cleaning they should not be out , I had a friend stopped on Thursday afternoon and when he tried tk show them the gov web site the copper told him dint try and tell me the law , either gi hime or you will be fined , once you have been stoped you details and vehicle details are put into a data base if stoped again the fine is doubled up to £960  , Ime not saying this is right or wrong but it’s what is actually happening in the street . Another window cleaner was on a customers property cleaning there windows with the house holders consent and the police stoped him and sent him home saying if he is seen out again working instant fine .

i dont believe you...........we are perfectly entitled to work (alone) as long as we keep our distance from customers and follow a few basic hygiene rules and common sense(like refusing tea/coffee,insisting on cashless payments,etc)....

the risk is very small.........
price higher/work harder!

G Griffin

« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2020, 04:33:22 pm »
surely some of the constabulary have there windows cleaned. has anyone on here got a police officer as a customer who has stopped them working. i have 1 and been told to carry on. don't think they would risk there reputation if they though it was breaking any rules.

I have several police officers as customers we have decided to shut down and not work I have spoken to one of them and the policy down hear is anyone who isn’t a key worker is told to go home ,we have read blocks every few miles , if ones argue they are going to be issued a fine and possible arrest , he said the direction from government is crystal clear stay home , the exception is for  key workers that need to travel to work not non essential jobs like window cleaning they should not be out , I had a friend stopped on Thursday afternoon and when he tried tk show them the gov web site the copper told him dint try and tell me the law , either gi hime or you will be fined , once you have been stoped you details and vehicle details are put into a data base if stoped again the fine is doubled up to £960  , Ime not saying this is right or wrong but it’s what is actually happening in the street . Another window cleaner was on a customers property cleaning there windows with the house holders consent and the police stoped him and sent him home saying if he is seen out again working instant fine .

i dont believe you...........we are perfectly entitled to work (alone) as long as we keep our distance from customers and follow a few basic hygiene rules and common sense(like refusing tea/coffee,insisting on cashless payments,etc)....

The problem with that, Daz, is that the bobby might not give you the opportunity to apply common sense and socially distance, refuse tea and coffee etc. Why should he?
He might just nick you and ask questions later.
Is that anyway to work or run a business?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slacky

« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2020, 04:44:57 pm »

Likewise.

All rozzers are bent anyway, comrade.

jk999

« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2020, 04:55:27 pm »
What area you from splash

bravo20

« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2020, 04:55:41 pm »

[/quote]

But still a risk!

G Griffin

« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2020, 05:05:08 pm »

You could end up having a record day.
A police record day.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Ooooooog

« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2020, 05:45:46 pm »
How are they going to put cuffs on you and keep 2m away?

In my experience, the police are fairly ignorant of the law. Just ask what law you’re breaking.

CleanClear

« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2020, 06:01:51 pm »
How are they going to put cuffs on you and keep 2m away?

In my experience, the police are fairly ignorant of the law. Just ask what law you’re breaking.

Here's a few lifted from Facebook..............

There's more.................
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Ooooooog

« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2020, 06:08:18 pm »
Typical, the law can’t interpret gov guidelines. Not surprised.

If it’s safe to work, crack on.  You are doing no wrong.

Ooooooog

« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2020, 06:10:50 pm »

G Griffin

« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2020, 06:19:57 pm »

They don't have to but they can disrupt your day.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Stoots

« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2020, 06:25:02 pm »
Just dont get caught by the police, same as speeding etc.

Splash & dash

« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2020, 06:27:37 pm »

I dont appreciate being called a liar several others have posted very similar experiences, that’s what is happening down here not in Manchester , we decided not to work so it doesn’t affect us but that’s the way the police are enforcing it down here , the advice is at best ambitions as the police are saying the .gov site sais stay at home ,the bit about can go to work if you cannot work from home , they say applies to key workers only , and I can see there interpretation of that if you read it in context , several other police forces through the country have said the same thing

Ooooooog

« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2020, 06:35:38 pm »

No. Speeding is an offence. Going to work is not. To imply they are comparable is misleading.

Ooooooog

« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2020, 06:37:17 pm »

Not really. What can they do? They are only empowered to impede illegal activities.

G Griffin

« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2020, 06:46:36 pm »

Not really. What can they do? They are only empowered to impede illegal activities.
Feel your collar then let you go?
Or do you for obstructing a police occifer?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Stoots

« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2020, 06:50:11 pm »

No. Speeding is an offence. Going to work is not. To imply they are comparable is misleading.

I know that, but it seems the police dont so best to not get caught

Splash & dash

« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2020, 06:51:03 pm »
What area you from splash

Cornwall

jk999

« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2020, 07:07:52 pm »
I think down your way police seem to be alot more keener than where i live think it depends on areas

TYCOON

« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2020, 07:08:54 pm »
I contacted Merseyside Police via twitter 30 mins ago and received this reply.

Hi government guidelines state that non essential work must not be carried out John.