This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Re: Police Officers Cannot Stop You Working
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2020, 11:20:28 am »
I get that going to Tesco is more dangerous than going to work.
Smoking cigarettes is safer than smoking asbestos, too.

You can draw some similarities between smoking and the pandemic. The warnings are there plastered all over the ciggy packet, yet people carry on.
Some are addicted to cleaning windows, no doubt about that!

pikeman

« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2020, 11:26:45 am »
text a customer yesterday morning who is a police officer. his wife used to pay by cash. only just had a reply yes carry on but can they pay by bacs. may be he has confirmed that its ok for we to carry on.

Slacky

« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2020, 11:32:02 am »
Whats  annoying is the government and police have the cheek to say 2mtr distanceing rules which i have kept to but watching news last night and in the  commons the mps are all practically sitting on each others laps no wonder some have got the virus and they only have to self isolate for 7 days and not 14 wow

Yawn. They isolate if they live alone or if they live with one or more persons. Get with the programme.

G Griffin

« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2020, 12:08:48 pm »
text a customer yesterday morning who is a police officer. his wife used to pay by cash. only just had a reply yes carry on but can they pay by bacs. may be he has confirmed that its ok for we to carry on.
Or maybe not.
Unless he's filling in for Boris.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2020, 12:11:39 pm »
You can draw some similarities between smoking and the pandemic. The warnings are there plastered all over the ciggy packet, yet people carry on.

You stupid idiot.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

G Griffin

« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2020, 12:18:42 pm »

You stupid idiot.
Withdrawal symptoms?
Go and rub a mirror, quick!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

pikeman

« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2020, 12:33:47 pm »
surely some of the constabulary have there windows cleaned. has anyone on here got a police officer as a customer who has stopped them working. i have 1 and been told to carry on. don't think they would risk there reputation if they though it was breaking any rules.

Missing Link

« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2020, 12:35:43 pm »
Withdrawal symptoms?

Get off the internet and go and spend some time with your child.

You're meant to be homeschooling him.

:'(
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

G Griffin

« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2020, 12:50:04 pm »
Withdrawal symptoms?

It's the weekend and we've no homework! He's on his Xbox.
We've worked hard this week and even done the extra challenges set by his teacher on Class Dojo.
There might be a change of career for me after all this. I might go back to primary school.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

p1w1

« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2020, 12:55:44 pm »
Withdrawal symptoms?

We've worked hard this week and even done the extra challenges set by his teacher on Class Dojo.
There might be a change of career for me after all this. I might go back to primary school.
As a student  ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2020, 01:09:44 pm »
Withdrawal symptoms?

As a student  ;D
Yeah, I've found my level .
I think I'm too good to be a window cleaner, after all this virus stuff. There's more primary school kids staying home than window cleaners.
And I can work from home. Wanna play Fortnite?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Dave Willis

« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2020, 01:10:01 pm »
Just a thought, has anyone text a nurse or a doctor yet to see if it’s ok to clean their windows?

KS Cleaning

« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2020, 01:24:17 pm »
Just a thought, has anyone text a nurse or a doctor yet to see if it’s ok to clean their windows?
I cleaned the windows of a customer on Wednesday, she works in the hospital neurology dept, she said they are currently altering the ward as they expect an influx of Covid-19 patients. She was actually self isolating as her daughter had shown symptoms and the whole family were to be tested on the Thursday. She had no problem with me cleaning her windows.....That said I would totally understand if her mind set changed a little if and when her ward becomes overcrowded with people suffering from the virus.

JackieW

« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2020, 01:29:09 pm »
surely some of the constabulary have there windows cleaned. has anyone on here got a police officer as a customer who has stopped them working. i have 1 and been told to carry on. don't think they would risk there reputation if they though it was breaking any rules.

Yes, I have and  high up too. I asked him what he thought.

He has told me that in his personal opinion he thinks the government has made a plea (not a direction) to only work if it is essential.

He thinks I could work but doesn't think it would be viewed positively by the general public.
He added  it's possible that restrictions  will only get tighter in the days and weeks to come.

His wife is a house cleaning fanatic who would love me to clean her windows every week if I could fit it in to my schedule.

They haven't said I can't clean their windows when I asked.

But I know what they think.

NWH

« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2020, 01:33:45 pm »
Yes it may get worse that’s why I’m only doing what I can when I can.

P @ F

« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2020, 01:39:51 pm »
This is my mate , he is an Inspector in Devon and Cornwall constabulary.

I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

G Griffin

« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2020, 02:05:35 pm »
I'm glad the police are now running the show.
If I get ill, I'm going straight down to the local nick. I'm not going to go an overrun hospital.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Dave Willis

« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2020, 02:10:44 pm »
They’ve had to turn back over 200 vehicles trying to get to pembrokeshire some towing caravans, others in motorhomes.

Dave Willis

« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2020, 02:11:55 pm »
I'm glad the police are now running the show.
If I get ill, I'm going straight down to the local nick. I'm not going to go an overrun hospital.

Don’t go there!!! The virus attacks cells apparently.

Splash & dash

« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2020, 03:09:30 pm »

I have several police officers as customers we have decided to shut down and not work I have spoken to one of them and the policy down hear is anyone who isn’t a key worker is told to go home ,we have read blocks every few miles , if ones argue they are going to be issued a fine and possible arrest , he said the direction from government is crystal clear stay home , the exception is for  key workers that need to travel to work not non essential jobs like window cleaning they should not be out , I had a friend stopped on Thursday afternoon and when he tried tk show them the gov web site the copper told him dint try and tell me the law , either gi hime or you will be fined , once you have been stoped you details and vehicle details are put into a data base if stoped again the fine is doubled up to £960  , Ime not saying this is right or wrong but it’s what is actually happening in the street . Another window cleaner was on a customers property cleaning there windows with the house holders consent and the police stoped him and sent him home saying if he is seen out again working instant fine .