This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: Police Officers Cannot Stop You Working
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2020, 12:04:23 am »
You could get it anywhere working out shopping etc more likely out shopping imo,if I can work I’m working I’m not spending what I’ve worked for to keep me at home if I’m what’s looking like allowed to work.
Who’s more at risk ask Boris me out working in a couple of hundred acres or 300 people packed into a toilet roll on the underground,I’ve got more chance in getting hay fever.

NWH

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2020, 12:06:03 am »
It’s up to the individual anyway each peoples circumstances are different,you pays ya money and all that.

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2020, 12:14:01 am »
Given the current situation I couldn't knowingly do that to another window cleaner. Sure, if the customer isn't truthful then you've no way of knowing if they actually already had one. Yes no loyalty but if I was a customer I'd call my window cleaner. But perhaps that's just me going against the tide of  late capitalism.

James Styles

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2020, 12:14:15 am »
The thing is which ever way you look at it people see disasters as an opening in most cases,all is fair in love and war and all that.
Doesn’t matter what people say now when we all go back to work properly the last thing you will think of is someone else just you and you’re family,customers are no different at the moment they say yeah I understand blah blah blah when they’ve been looking out of dirty windows for 4 months and the guy across the street is cleaning what will they do,will the loyalty be there still. People have short memories you aren’t related to them and like any other service industry they can choose to use who they like,how stupid and fickle people are some might even say to you I thought you’d packed up the window cleaner that cleans over the road has been coming for months lol,the old general public never fail to surprise me.
Doubt many window cleaners would want my customers they are mostly messers 😂

James Styles

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2020, 12:20:46 am »
On a serious note though I don’t agree with taking other window cleaners customers while their WC is self isolating, it’s bit below the belt, but I do think it will happen to be honest. In my case no matter what after all this is over I need to canvass like mad so if I lose some so be it.

G Griffin

« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2020, 12:24:17 am »
Given the current situation I couldn't knowingly do that to another window cleaner. Sure, if the customer isn't truthful then you've no way of knowing if they actually already had one. Yes no loyalty but if I was a customer I'd call my window cleaner. But perhaps that's just me going against the tide of  late capitalism.
What people like that don't realise, is that it could be them in an ICU with all their work up for grabs.
A lot of people think that this virus and other nasty stuff only happens to other people.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2020, 12:25:48 am »
On a serious note though I don’t agree with taking other window cleaners customers while their WC is self isolating, it’s bit below the belt, but I do think it will happen to be honest.
And they'd deserve each other. Maybe infect each other.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

pikeman

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2020, 07:59:45 am »
im working but will not be taking any ones work on unless they ask me to fill in for them if they have personal reasons for not working. it happened a few years ago a local window had mild heart attack which i knew. one of his customers approached me and asked me to start cleaning hers as her window cleaner had not been for ages. i put her i the picture and he is now back cleaning her windows.

G.W.C

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2020, 08:14:51 am »
Out of interest, those  that are still working, do you inform all customers you are coming? I don’t have all my customers contact numbers so wouldn’t be able to contact  them all before hand

pikeman

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2020, 08:22:15 am »
yes i do if i have there contact number. if not a bit more difficult. a few i have knocked on the door stood well back and asked. don't feel comfortable doing this to be honest. i wouldn't just do them without the go ahead. only a couple have said no. in future ill make sure i have everyones contact number.

swanson

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2020, 08:30:01 am »
I’ve been working all week and I will be working next week.
I no every single one of my customers personally. And they are very greatfull .
I even pick up shopping for my elderly customers.

P @ F

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2020, 09:30:04 am »
To be honest none off us should be bickering life is to short if the government said we would get the grant within week to be honest i would definitely stop at home till all this is over
Exactly my thoughts !
I do feel that I am safer working than if I was to go to Tesco though
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2020, 09:36:07 am »
Out of interest, those  that are still working, do you inform all customers you are coming? I don’t have all my customers contact numbers so wouldn’t be able to contact  them all before hand
I'm in same position which has left me feeling a bit uneasy about what to do. Not all pay by bacs either.
I should have been more prepared for this.

NWH

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2020, 09:43:56 am »
I have informed them if I’m coming I’ve been asked to come if I can when possible,I’m not working in busy areas at the moment.

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2020, 10:12:34 am »
The bulk of my work is terraced house se fronts.

CleanClear

« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2020, 10:17:48 am »

If everyone is home trying to even get parked may be a problem ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

NWH

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2020, 10:25:59 am »
Might be a problem might not be they can only say no m8 just start doing them and see what happens.

JackieW

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2020, 10:52:16 am »
From the Chief Constable Avon and Somerset police, https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/news/2020/03/chief-constable-and-pcc-issue-statements-urging-the-public-to-stay-at-home/

“Non-essential businesses have been told to close and we will work with local authorities to make sure this is respected.''

Window cleaning is non-essential. So that's that.

But where have the government said that non essential businesses have to close? This is what I find so annoying.

From the government website ,'' the Government has ordered certain businesses and venues to close.''  https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others#going-to-work

''The   Government   has   also   identified   a   number   of    critical   workers whose children   can    still   go    to    school or   
their   childcare   provider.   This   critical   worker   definition   does   not   affect   whether   or   not   you   can    travel    to   
work - if   you   are   not   a   critical   worker,   you   may   still   travel   to   work   provided   you   cannot   work   from home.''

G Griffin

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2020, 11:03:32 am »
I get that going to Tesco is more dangerous than going to work.
Smoking cigarettes is safer than smoking asbestos, too.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

jk999

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2020, 11:08:30 am »
Whats  annoying is the government and police have the cheek to say 2mtr distanceing rules which i have kept to but watching news last night and in the  commons the mps are all practically sitting on each others laps no wonder some have got the virus and they only have to self isolate for 7 days and not 14 wow