This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee GLS

New pickup setup
« on: March 25, 2020, 07:31:56 pm »
Away from all the can we can’t we work I finished setting up my pickup. I know most don’t like them but I needed a family vehicle and have always wanted a pickup, don’t know why, I’m really happy with it. The range of angles I pull the hose out is brilliant, I can fit my SLX 22 and 35 in the back, it’s a tubeless set up and a custom 500 L tank

https://youtu.be/qY5mxR9Mg6E

Smudger

Re: New pickup setup
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 07:35:08 pm »
Good job mate

Looks a nice set up you should be well pleased

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 07:38:26 pm »
Looks very nice well done ideal for a duel purpose vehicle, didn’t you have a fiat Doblo ????

KS Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 07:48:44 pm »
Very nice mate, and a nice day for shooting the video, a perfect day. Oh sorry you’re Lee Reed, not Lou Reed🤩

alank

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 08:26:05 pm »
Nice job Lee👍
I use an l200 and used a Navara before that.I love the flexibility of using a dual purpose vehicle find pickups so easy to work from. It's a smart motor are you going to have any vinyl signs put on?

Lee GLS

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 08:28:52 pm »
Nice job Lee👍
I use an l200 and used a Navara before that.I love the flexibility of using a dual purpose vehicle find pickups so easy to work from. It's a smart motor are you going to have any vinyl signs put on?

No just going to leave it plain.

alank

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 08:36:47 pm »
Totally agree its smart as it is I didn't have mine done either mine is just bog standard white though  ;D yours definitely looks the business 👍

Crystal-clear

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 08:56:26 pm »
Looks amazing I really had this idea to do the same thing but I realise that van is so much more practical!. Plus I'm so bad at DIY why would have probably cost me a small fortune to pay someone!.
Personally I would like to have a roof rack
Oh the payload must be beautiful is it 1200?.
That back is completely waterproof as well no water Going no where.
How much did it cost you to it's basically the tank being 500l?
Which pick up have you got some of us some pictures if you like how cool it looks generally.

wazzz

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 08:58:20 pm »
Really nice Lee .
I love the hose reel setup . I just sent a link to my mate , he’s just got a pickup and ready to fit it out .
Thank you for the video

Lee GLS

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2020, 09:31:15 pm »
Looks amazing I really had this idea to do the same thing but I realise that van is so much more practical!. Plus I'm so bad at DIY why would have probably cost me a small fortune to pay someone!.
Personally I would like to have a roof rack
Oh the payload must be beautiful is it 1200?.
That back is completely waterproof as well no water Going no where.
How much did it cost you to it's basically the tank being 500l?
Which pick up have you got some of us some pictures if you like how cool it looks generally.

The rear canopy does have roof bars on it so I can carry a ladder when I need, I just hate having to climb up to take it off that’s why I wanted one inside.

The payload is around 1200, you don’t notice it in the back at all

The custom tank was £460 delivered.

It’s a for ranger. I will try an post some pics but they never seem to upload properly on here.

spudd

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 09:32:00 pm »
Nice set up that mate

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2020, 09:35:56 pm »
I considered a pickup a while ago and I liked the idea of using the one vehicle as a work and family toy.

But ultimately what put me off is that number 1 pick up trucks are so expensive I could buy a decent van and a car for the same price I could buy a decent truck. And with running costs being higher on tax, fuel and insurance its wasn't too much more expensive to run 2 vehicles.

Second reason is you would have to take all the gear out to put family stuff in when required.

But it still love pickups and I'm always tempted to buy one... Yours looks a nice setup.

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2020, 09:40:40 pm »
Whats the 4 gang extension for ? and the black plug on the end of it to the left , looks like its lead goes in to your tank ?

Lee GLS

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2020, 10:02:32 pm »
Whats the 4 gang extension for ? and the black plug on the end of it to the left , looks like its lead goes in to your tank ?

I have a static filtration system but no static tank, so to make it automatic I’ve used the 3 phase plug to run power to the socket to charge the battery, back pack and a heater for the winter, but it also was the wire that run back to the shut off solenoid on my static ro. So basically I can plug everything in, and when the tank is full it will shut off the booster pump and water supply just like it would if it’s fitted inside a van.

EandM

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2020, 12:09:21 am »
Very nicely done !

I've used a Ranger Supercab for 8 years and wouldn't use anything else.

Just make sure it's had the oil pump changed and change the oil regularly as they have a habit of going bang.

Has it got the off road pack ?

Lee GLS

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2020, 08:25:37 am »
Very nicely done !

I've used a Ranger Supercab for 8 years and wouldn't use anything else.

Just make sure it's had the oil pump changed and change the oil regularly as they have a habit of going bang.

Has it got the off road pack ?

No off road pack but it has a 2 year for warranty, once that’s up i will be getting a gear type oil pump fitted.

Scrimble

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2020, 09:23:50 am »
really don't see the point in using your work vehicle as a family car, if you cannot afford to buy another vehicle then you are doing something wrong

supernova77

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2020, 01:13:51 pm »
Love it 👍

I’ve always wanted a pick up too 😊

Andy

High-Tower

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2020, 01:54:10 pm »
really don't see the point in using your work vehicle as a family car, if you cannot afford to buy another vehicle then you are doing something wrong
Or it’s just more practical. Doing the school run, no need to go home and swap vehicles.
Although I’d sooner have a kombi van than a pickup. As you’ve got more internal load height, so you can have tank and reels in the bottom and family crap can go on top.

EandM

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2020, 02:35:52 pm »

It depends entirely on your situation.

As a single dad it means I can drop the kids off at school and then work 9-3.

Couldn't do it if I had to go home and swap vehicles.