Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: How many customers
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2020, 05:44:21 pm »
It’s easy enough to work out your average price you are just taking an average of how many jobs you do a week and dividing that by what you normally take,give or take if you do similar money most weeks.
The amount of houses-jobs is irrelevant it’s all about the prices per jobs,bigger the price less jobs to do for the same money you are doing having to knock out more work.
You can have and many will agree that you can have maybe 4-5 jobs and earn the same as a guy cleaning 40-50 jobs,and that’s domestics.

Ooooooog

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2020, 05:57:59 pm »
In approximately 17 years in the job I have never counted them. I have never known how many customers I have had from the start to this day. Quantity isn't the important factor for me.
To quote a klond ike legend, and a very successful one at that "it's not about how much gold you get out of the ground, but only how much of that gold YOU get to keep"
That's pretty much sums it up.👍££
Don't get fixated on less relevant matters.

how can you NOT know how many jobs you ve got on your books?,average job price,etc?it doesnt make sense.....also dont you know when you last put the price up of every single job on your round? ::)roll

I haven’t got a clue how many customers we have. Why does it matter?

zesty

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2020, 06:33:45 pm »
I don’t know the exact amount Daz, I’m old school and don’t use any software at all.

It’s all on my iPhone in the ‘notes’ app.

Before that it was on paper in a diary!

I have no idea the exact amount, but as said in earlier post, around 100 domestics. With several commercial jobs which is the bulk of my income.

I think because my domestic round is relatively small, I haven’t been too bothered with figures or numbers.  8)

NWH

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2020, 07:47:24 pm »
I still use a diary 📔 I like to do what work I fancy within reason.

swanson

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2020, 07:58:34 pm »
I no every single customer why wouldn’t. You no how many customers

Steven Biggs

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2020, 09:10:18 pm »
I can remember talking to a guy about 5 years ago . He’d only been cleaning a couple of years . Worked with his cousin . He said I’ve got 7 rounds now . And we’re off to look at another one next week . And asked me how many I had . I replied I had 1 . He couldn’t believe it . Said you’ve been doing it years , and only got 1 round . Donut 🍩

NWH

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2020, 09:43:33 pm »
Makes me chuckle yeah m8 I’ve got 3 rounds 2 blokes out on the road blah blah blah,add up what they are turning over a month no more than a good single round with top notch work done by 1 bloke.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2020, 10:21:49 pm »
In approximately 17 years in the job I have never counted them. I have never known how many customers I have had from the start to this day. Quantity isn't the important factor for me.
To quote a klond ike legend, and a very successful one at that "it's not about how much gold you get out of the ground, but only how much of that gold YOU get to keep"
That's pretty much sums it up.👍££
Don't get fixated on less relevant matters.

how can you NOT know how many jobs you ve got on your books?,average job price,etc?it doesnt make sense.....also dont you know when you last put the price up of every single job on your round? ::)roll

Because I've never counted them. Simple.
I know the price of every job I do because it's written on my worksheets. I know the price of 99%, if not 100% in my head anyway. I also know when and by how much plus who I have increased prices for. So, I still know everything else (obviously) bar the total amount customers that I have.
Which begs the question- what doesn't make sense to you?😁
Comfortably Numb!

Dave Willis

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2020, 09:19:29 am »
Not got a clue how many customers I have, all I know is it’s too many!
I could fire up cleaner planner and have a look I suppose, maybe work out my average price, how many I do a day etc etc. Can’t be arsed though, got better things to do.

dazmond

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2020, 11:14:19 am »
I like to see my round in its entirety.......jobs,prices,turnover,etc..its very easy to do with round software....
price higher/work harder!