Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Re: After 10 years its time to say goodbye
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 05:23:14 pm »
The thing is, out of the 30,000 members only a very small percentage are of the mindset of Lee. The majority are the unfortunates like myself who window clean precisely to avoid the stresses of running a business and have no desire to employ or run a larger business. To us Lee contributes nothing at all. No doubt the small minority who want to be big in the world of business find his posts enthralling. Unfortunately Lee appears to be so single minded, so lacking in humour that when under pressure he hits back by bragging his achievements (the Rolex watch, the BMW, the holidays in Dubai etc etc).                     
The day this forum becomes just a window cleaning business forum is the day I’ll bugger off too. Got to have a laugh and hear about bad days too otherwise we’ll all end up mental.

Talking of business sucesses ......... what about Alex Gardiner? Windowcleaner to business owner, no tantrums, no bragging, polite, helpful, successful and all round nice guy and willing to talk about brushes.

(Alex, you know where I live). 😉

Ooooooog

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2019, 06:01:03 pm »
It’s just window cleaning.

nathankaye

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2019, 06:08:07 pm »
Hi Nathan,

We can certainly see from this end, you're clearly in the top 10 club too!

I'll bet Daz is up there as well
And Nathan just can't stop yapping, can he😂😂😂

I have too or if not i start posting vids and nobody wants that  ;D ;D ;D lol
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Frankybadboy

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2019, 06:17:55 pm »
personally i think the mods on here are to soft and don't follow there own rules (trolling) ,and this is why these post get in to a bitch fight.

sort it out mods  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ as it about the worst mod forum i been on

Lee Smith

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2019, 06:27:19 pm »
As someone who has only been going a couple of year and who will be looking to grow my business, I found Lee's posts very imformative, it always seems to be the same dullard posters who end up getting his threads locked, can only presume they are jealous of what he's achieved. His posts will be a big miss on here. Good luck.

John Mart

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2019, 06:28:40 pm »
personally i think the mods on here are to soft and don't follow there own rules (trolling) ,and this is why these post get in to a bitch fight.

sort it out mods  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ as it about the worst mod forum i been on
Totally agree.  And the mods join in.

james peters

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2019, 07:17:41 pm »
its a shame Lee.
I enjoyed your posts.  very informative , and helpful.
good luck and continued success for the future.

there are some great guys on this forum, that give help.   unfortunately there is a handful of guys, that never give and just seem to want to do sarcastic one liners, or just churn out drivel and negativity.
therefore I rarely post, and mainly gleam info from the good guys...
its probably the same for many others, the writing is on the wall for cleanitup.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2019, 07:23:26 pm »
Well, he's still here and online!!🤔

Get your questions in quick!!
Comfortably Numb!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2019, 07:30:05 pm »
I've always found this forum a useful and great place.   If a topic is not for me I just stay away and let the ones that do get on with it.

If you don't like the forum then stop weeping and just leave.    All social media platforms have the same sort of issues, it's how you deal with them that really matter
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

RPCCS

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2019, 07:55:47 pm »
As often happens with forums, the genuine helpful folk get driven away by trolls, and those that just want to cause unrest. I have seen it so many times on the car forum I'm a member of.
Cheers Rich

Spruce

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2019, 08:12:44 pm »
I personally have a lot of respect for what Lee has accomplished and I tip my hat to you sir!

I really get involved with his posts as his business model is way above my head. He has showed me what I could never do or would have the guts to do, even in my younger days. I appreciate that he risked everything to build his business, something very few men with family responsibilities would dare to do.

Some might argue that he didn't sacrifice everything because he had Mom and Dad to support him in growing his business. He was fortunate but also made the best of his circumstances.

Would I like to manage a team of window cleaners and vans? No, because not only does Lee have to manage, organise, motivate and monitor them, he also has to spent time on the marketing side of his business. These are all skills I don't have.  He also has to keep abreast of new legislation with regard to his business administration.

As sole traders, we have little idea of how goverment (and EU) legislators are stiffling larger business with paper trails to prove this, that and the other.

From a selfish point  of view, I'm sorry that he isn't participating on the forum because we will now not have his experience and input on their new water heater that they were/are pioneering. So if it proves successful, we all loose out.

I can see why Simple Joe Window Shining might be concerned if Lee was flooding his customers with target mailers, but if he was doing his job properly his customers wouldn't consider changing service providers. I haven't heard one windie on here complaining that he has lost custom to Lee.
In fact, often large scale advertising by one large business in an area stirs up the 'enquiry' pot for everyone else working the same area.

I'm sorry you have chosen to do this and hope you do come back on here from time to time.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

CleanClear

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2019, 08:23:58 pm »

If lee isn't returning, then i wont be coming back here either,

*Status*--------Currently Online---------

capn sparkle

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2019, 08:29:28 pm »
I personally have a lot of respect for what Lee has accomplished and I tip my hat to you sir!

I really get involved with his posts as his business model is way above my head. He has showed me what I could never do or would have the guts to do, even in my younger days. I appreciate that he risked everything to build his business, something very few men with family responsibilities would dare to do.

Some might argue that he didn't sacrifice everything because he had Mom and Dad to support him in growing his business. He was fortunate but also made the best of his circumstances.

Would I like to manage a team of window cleaners and vans? No, because not only does Lee have to manage, organise, motivate and monitor them, he also has to spent time on the marketing side of his business. These are all skills I don't have.  He also has to keep abreast of new legislation with regard to his business administration.

As sole traders, we have little idea of how goverment (and EU) legislators are stiffling larger business with paper trails to prove this, that and the other.

From a selfish point  of view, I'm sorry that he isn't participating on the forum because we will now not have his experience and input on their new water heater that they were/are pioneering. So if it proves successful, we all loose out.

I can see why Simple Joe Window Shining might be concerned if Lee was flooding his customers with target mailers, but if he was doing his job properly his customers wouldn't consider changing service providers. I haven't heard one windie on here complaining that he has lost custom to Lee.
In fact, often large scale advertising by one large business in an area stirs up the 'enquiry' pot for everyone else working the same area.

I'm sorry you have chosen to do this and hope you do come back on here from time to time.

Rarely would I agree with every point in a post but this hits the nail on the head.

robbo333

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2019, 09:33:28 pm »
Hi Lee

Sorry you feel you have to leave.

I admire what you've done and although your posts are irrelevant to my situation, I have always found them interesting, informative and motivating. When I spoke to you on the phone (regarding supermarket foyer advertising) I found you very helpful, driven and positive. You had time to share your experiences, thank you for that.

Which is why I find it odd that you have chosen to leave! Surely you're not going to let a few people on a forum dictate the way you present yourself? They are offering an alternative viewpoint after all; albeit 'not in the best possible taste'! I understand there was some rudeness and personal comments, but come on...really!...it's a forum; it's words put together to provoke a response.
But perhaps, sometimes, we don't like what we here!

Personally, I hope you stay and carry on 'doing what you do' but if you feel you have to leave for your own personal well being, than that is your choice.

Whichever you choose, best wishes.

Regards

Robbo

"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Slacky

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2019, 10:21:48 pm »
Hi Nathan,

We can certainly see from this end, you're clearly in the top 10 club too!

Me too and I've been banned more times than most others. So much for statistics.

Dave Alexander

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2019, 10:31:58 pm »
Lee
        I have read your post (three times) and I cannot see the word "frustration" this is what I believe you are feeling.Albeit a long time lurker(just a recent poster) I feel compelled to say the following "never say never". I understand that the constant baracking by the knuckle draggers is off putting, stick in there mate. Consider the following, you are operating a multi van operation, as you grow, you are getting to grips with the complexities or indeed nuances of whats envolved, you are making and more importantly"PAYING" for the mistakes/errors you are making.When you share these tips/advice you are really making a huge difference to the others with aspiration who are looking on seeking advise/inspiration.I get the fact you are a net contributor, however think back to when you started out,would you have been disapointed when a valuable resource such as yours disapeared.
Put a stay of execution on your decision, see what if anything the admins of this forum come up with to resolve the issue.Failing that,if you are passionate (like I am) of helping others to grow their business "i.e. possess a healthy balance sheet" pm me and we can have a chat.

tony day

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2019, 06:03:45 am »

If lee isn't returning, then i wont be coming back here either,

That Song from Andrea Bocelli Springs to Mind!  ;D

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2019, 08:42:17 am »
I have always enjoyed reading Lee's posts and watching his progress, personally speaking I would not want the stress of being that big (far to old now) but I do believe he is an inspiration to many other young guys that would care to expand as he as done.

sadly there will always be some people that are jealous  of others success , only a few days ago I started a thread about "My Pet Hate"  and a few have slagged me off  for saying that I charged £10 for fronts only accusing me of BS, one can only assume that these offenders are jealous or just plain nasty.

During my time on this forum I indeed have noticed that there are a few trolls or keyboard warriors on here who hide behind their computer screen.

Personally like Lee I use my real name (no false ones) and where I'm based (Southampton) and have nothing to hide from or indeed boast about any success big or small.

Lee you have been an inspiration to many guys on here so please reconsider or as someone else has already mentioned , why not start your own forum, I for one would join to see how you are growing,

Good Luck buddy and keep us all informed in which direction you decide to take,

Jay

deeege

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2019, 09:01:42 am »
Starting a new thread to announce a departure from the forum, what a drama queen.  😂

Just use the forums ignore function if you don’t want criticism.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Stoots

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2019, 01:04:54 pm »
Oh for heaven's sake,  what a drama queen!🙄
In the grand scheme of things, personally I think that Lee has given very little to this place in a "genuine" manner. Just like this post, most of his posts are quite narcissistic and only given for the expected return of having his ego stroked. Most of the genuine guys on here give for no return, always have done and continue to do so- and there are many. Normal, genuine people like to just help if they can and that makes them happy in itself. However, attention seeking narcissists get no pleasure unless they are recieving a foot in return for an inch!
My advice is grow up, man up and get over yourself. Stop acting like a petulant teenager! ::)roll

Agree.

Last 3 threads

1. Lee pryors questions
2. Ban dry clean
3. I'm leaving

Get over yourself Lee, you sold your house stuck the capital into millions of leaflets, got the phone ringing and employed lots of staff.

Whilst brave and extremely stressfull and hard work it's not rocket science.

The best thing about this forum is the characters such as dry clean, if you want sensible mature discussion with rules etc go join the other forum it's much tamer.

I like this forum because it's full of bored middle aged **** lol mod note: Do not swear