Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Pryor

After 10 years its time to say goodbye
« on: March 15, 2019, 02:50:41 pm »
Sadly I have made the decision over the last few days to leave this forum and I really do mean for good. I wont be joining other forums either.

Before I go into why I want to say first that I really think some people on here must be mad. Years ago when I was starting out or wanting to grow I had no idea how. I spent a lot of time looking online for another company to emulate. There wasn't one. I would have done anything to just know it was possible to achieve my goals. I didn't even know there was a forum to ask for help. I had to just think for myself instead.

I have been on here for just over 10 years and feel I have helped or inspired many people. I have also been helped and inspired. These days I come on to try and show what can be done and to help push our industry forward  but most of what I do and say is seen as either bragging or just showing off which actually is totally wrong. It makes me sad that so many see it that way.

While there are lots of people here like me there are to many that just want to bring you down. Personally I think Dry Clean should be removed for good, all he does is hijack a thread and bring it down .Hes not the only one that contributes nothing but hate and negative energy. No offence moderators but you only seem to moderate bad language, you let people like him continue and drive away people that have had real success and could really contribute to others big or small. I can only think the real reason for this is money. This forum is a business and makes its money from advertising, the more members the better so people like him are allowed to continue dragging the quality down in order to have volume instead.

I have come to realise that I really don't need anything from this forum. My reason to be here was to connect with like minded people, there just doesn't seem to be many of them! I find it fun to be here most of the time and it helps keep me focussed but I don't expect to be abused and torn to pieces EVERY time I post by hating jealous people. People who have never met me and hide like cowards behind fake names.  Its a total joke on here now.

I try to bring topics that are bigger than the latest brush or pole and more about running a proper business. I am astonished that more people arnt interested in this. I think it reflects badly on the general mentality of the industry. I hoped to be talking to business owners here big or small makes no difference. Instead its just window cleaners who cant see past the next clean or day.

Don't get me wrong Im all for others opinions on things but the level of abuse is something I am not up for anymore.

I now may not do our youtube chanel as im sure that will be just as it is here and frankly why the hell should I try and help these kinds of people. Its not well recieved or appreciated.

I will be removing all my previous posts from the very start 10 years ago so it will be like I was never here. I certainly wont be back under my name or a fake.

So I want to round off on a posetive note.

I will continue to push on and grow until I reach my goal, my dream of being the biggest residential company in the UK. Nothing will stop me, not haters on her or anything else. Its not all about money or cars or holidays for me as some keep trying to say in their constant nasty way. Its about personal achievement, building something to be proud of, its about having fun.  Those that really do want advice or just a chat are always welcome to pick up the phone, send an email or even drop into my office for a coffee.

I want to personally thank all the fantastic people that have either helped or inspired me over the years, some of which are still on here.

So the last thing I want to say on this forum is the line that has always been at the bottom of every post I made and that I believe is so true in any business.

THE BEST WAY TO PREDICT THE FUTURE IS TO CREATE IT.

Take care everyone.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

drakestar!

Re: After 10 years its time to say goodbye
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 03:02:42 pm »
Sad day :'(
U could always change to a fake name and slaughter dry clean.
All the best!

johnny bravo

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 03:22:43 pm »
you have showed a lot of people what can be achieved in this industry  if you want to make  a big  company , it can be done.   you can have an income coming in even in retirement,,  no worries.      ideal if you have family working with you.
good luck.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 03:24:53 pm »
watch the door doesnt slam into you on your way out lee.........(old CIU saying!).......... ;D
price higher/work harder!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 03:34:32 pm »
watch the door doesnt slam into you on your way out lee.........(old CIU saying!).......... ;D

You're so cruel Daz😱😱

ben M

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 03:41:01 pm »
Great post Lee, I don't blame you. What you have done so far is amazing. When I started 8 years ago I discovered this forum and really help me, now it's not the same at all, shame really. What don't you go on facebook, not always better but mods are much better, no money involved. It would be nice to hear from you again, I don't have the balls in all fairness to do something similar but you should be proud of yourself Sir. Ben

Bungle

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 03:47:28 pm »
A truly sad, sad day 😥. The poor bloke has been trying to give help and now he feels like he's been run out of town. Goodbye Sir Prior, you will be missed ☹️
We look at them, they look through them.

tlwcs

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 03:48:04 pm »
You don’t need my best wishes of luck, you’re already further than most
Try the Federation of small business, they may have more receptive to your growth plans.
To add, this is so typically you though, don’t just stop posting and look in occasionally, you have to have the last word.
Can I still be a hot water tester? lol
Regards

cleaniac

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 03:50:49 pm »
Good luck Lee.

We will keep in touch.

I have to say, this is exactly what happened to clean ing pros eventually. It turned from being a half decent business forum, to a bunch of middle aged window cleaners with various chips on their shoulders.

If lee isn't returning, then i wont be coming back here either, its lees posts that are the only ones that are worth reading, and getting inspired from.

Today was the day clean it up lost its mojo.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 03:51:41 pm »
I will really miss your posts about what car you drive, how much your car cost, what watch you wear, where you holiday, etc,etc. really inspirational stuff, 👋 👋

tlwcs

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 03:56:14 pm »
Good luck Lee.

We will keep in touch.

I have to say, this is exactly what happened to clean ing pros eventually. It turned from being a half decent business forum, to a bunch of middle aged window cleaners with various chips on their shoulders.

If lee isn't returning, then i wont be coming back here either, its lees posts that are the only ones that are worth reading, and getting inspired from.

Today was the day clean it up lost its mojo.

Not a total loss then 😂

mark m

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 04:02:58 pm »
I will see you in Sept it is your round

Dean champion

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 04:22:04 pm »
Iv not been on hear long with only a few posts
On one of lees threads of 200k booked I posted and lee welcomed me
I was impressed with what he was doing so started to read all his last post on threads and haven’t stoped reading
The info and advice he has gave on this forum is absolute gold for someone like me growing my business from wanting to grow  from 2 vans to as many as possible but doubted it could be done until I meet lee on hear and has proved it can be
To lee......thank you for your positive posts on hear it’s gave me huge inspiration to move forward in the same direction you have and I hope you decide to find another avenue to share your advice as I will be looking out for it.
I wish you luck we all need a little mate
To the....negative girl thingys on hear that hide behind fake names digging people out grow a pair you wasters

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2019, 04:32:00 pm »
Oh for heaven's sake,  what a drama queen!🙄
In the grand scheme of things, personally I think that Lee has given very little to this place in a "genuine" manner. Just like this post, most of his posts are quite narcissistic and only given for the expected return of having his ego stroked. Most of the genuine guys on here give for no return, always have done and continue to do so- and there are many. Normal, genuine people like to just help if they can and that makes them happy in itself. However, attention seeking narcissists get no pleasure unless they are recieving a foot in return for an inch!
My advice is grow up, man up and get over yourself. Stop acting like a petulant teenager! ::)roll
Comfortably Numb!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2019, 04:43:03 pm »
Even for a one man band like me who's not too many years off retirement some of the stuff Lee wrote I could take and use.
It's true that a lot of people on here are very helpful, wanting nothing in return except maybe a thank you.
I'll continue to come on here and take and give tips if I can, but sometimes it's not WHAT you're saying so much as HOW you're saying it.

Forum Admin

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2019, 04:46:09 pm »
You cannot argue with how much Lee has helped others, I have received emails and read many posts on here saying the same. It may not have helped you which is fine but it's certainly helped others. Being in the top 10 "liked members" out of over 34,000 certainly backs this up.

He will certainly be missed on this forum by many and personally from us here at Clean It Up we certainly hope to see you back on CIU in the future Lee. Best of luck with everything, you are always welcome back.

nathankaye

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 04:55:38 pm »
You cannot argue with how much Lee has helped others, I have received emails and read many posts on here saying the same. It may not have helped you which is fine but it's certainly helped others. Being in the top 10 "liked members" out of over 34,000 certainly backs this up.

He will certainly be missed on this forum by many and personally from us here at Clean It Up we certainly hope to see you back on CIU in the future Lee. Best of luck with everything, you are always welcome back.

Where are these statistics?  Can u see where abouts you are on the list, for a laugh or a cry   ;D ?  Who gets to vote n where
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Forum Admin

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2019, 04:57:37 pm »
Hi Nathan,

We can certainly see from this end, you're clearly in the top 10 club too!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 05:14:01 pm »
Hi Nathan,

We can certainly see from this end, you're clearly in the top 10 club too!

I'll bet Daz is up there as well
And Nathan just can't stop yapping, can he😂😂😂

jonboywalton75

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 05:16:08 pm »
In fact I'm guessing that Daz may even be THE top dog🐶🐶🐶🐶