Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

diesel tank leaking/diesel heater leaking?
« on: February 04, 2019, 11:49:36 am »
my vans in for a service today.....anyway got back home after dropping it off and noticed a diesel "patch" on my driveway(right where my diesel tank/heater is normally)so phoned the garage back up and asked them to check it while its up on the hydraulic lift... ::)roll

i suppose it could be where grippa tapped into my diesel tank for my heater...i dunno.....hopefully theyll be able to sort it for me.....they did have an issue with this when i had it installed.....
price higher/work harder!

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: diesel tank leaking/diesel heater leaking?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 12:11:39 pm »
Fingers crossed for you buddy.

Probably just a quick fix anyway.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 12:35:11 pm »
Fingers crossed for you buddy.

Probably just a quick fix anyway.

hows your heater working mate?did you have it serviced after 12 months?as i know you had yours fitted the day before mine......

i didnt bother.....too far to travel......

Yes running all fine buddy so far.  Not serviced as I don't think it's needed from what others say.   I did give it a break in the summer months as I like to use cold on the hot days to keep me a little cooler
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

jonboywalton75

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 01:55:10 pm »
Winter is officially over in Cheshire as from today,
Used my duvet cover 4 times so far
ZERO pence spent on frost protection 😅😅😅😅

NWH

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 04:50:59 pm »
If they put it on a lift they may have pulled out or losend the fuel pipe for the heater,the VW vans have covers underneath so shouldn’t be a problem although most other vans don’t.

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 04:59:08 pm »
ive found out where the leaks coming from....my van was still up on the hydraulic lift when i popped back to the garage.its a plastic fuel pipe with a jubilee clip on the end....tightened it up(still a full turn left in it!)....hopefully this should cure it.... :)

No wonder the heater was drinking the fuel then 😂😂😂
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 05:30:01 pm »
If they put it on a lift they may have pulled out or losend the fuel pipe for the heater,the VW vans have covers underneath so shouldn’t be a problem although most other vans don’t.

it was leaking before i took it for a service....tbh i think its a poor connection fitting by grippatank....i dont think they should of put a jubilee clip on a plastic pipe to seal it......it should be heat shrink wrapped or something...... ::)roll

the connect has a massive heat shield covering the fuel tank as its made out of nylon(doesnt rot).had to take out around 12 screws just to pull it back to access the fuel pipe..... ::)roll

Actually, that could of been a different story if you did not notice it.  Was the  fuel dripping anywhere near the exhaust pipe?

KS Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 05:41:36 pm »
ive found out where the leaks coming from....my van was still up on the hydraulic lift when i popped back to the garage.its a plastic fuel pipe with a jubilee clip on the end....tightened it up(still a full turn left in it!)....hopefully this should cure it.... :)
Leaking fuel!! You’d be safer with a DIY gas heater😜

p1w1

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 06:07:02 pm »
bit of a joke really if thats the case, ill be checking mine.

Splash & dash

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 06:49:14 pm »
my vans in for a service today.....anyway got back home after dropping it off and noticed a diesel "patch" on my driveway(right where my diesel tank/heater is normally)so phoned the garage back up and asked them to check it while its up on the hydraulic lift... ::)roll

i suppose it could be where grippa tapped into my diesel tank for my heater...i dunno.....hopefully theyll be able to sort it for me.....they did have an issue with this when i had it installed.....

I dont know where they go INto  the fuel system on a custom , but on my renault master they teed into the fuel return pipe , I had a leak from that after about a year , I phoned oliver he sent me out a new tee kit this is supplied by wabasto I fitted it and it’s been fine ever since

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 08:40:33 pm »

it was leaking before i took it for a service....tbh i think its a poor connection fitting by grippatank....i dont think they should of put a jubilee clip on a plastic pipe to seal it......it should be heat shrink wrapped or something...... ::)roll

the connect has a massive heat shield covering the fuel tank as its made out of nylon(doesnt rot).had to take out around 12 screws just to pull it back to access the fuel pipe..... ::)roll

Actually, that could of been a different story if you did not notice it.  Was the  fuel dripping anywhere near the exhaust pipe?

no as the heat shield is massive on a connect and covers all the underneath of the van and the exhaust is in the centre of the van,not at the side(where the pipe was leaking)......

still.....i need to keep my eye on it......

P @ F

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2019, 08:54:34 pm »
Dont get too close Daz , you dont want to lose another set of eye brows do you  ::)roll   ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 07:43:12 am »

I dont know where they go INto  the fuel system on a custom , but on my renault master they teed into the fuel return pipe , I had a leak from that after about a year , I phoned oliver he sent me out a new tee kit this is supplied by wabasto I fitted it and it’s been fine ever since

mines a connect not a custom.....i think they teed into the fuel return pipe but that didnt work as the heater wouldnt work without the engine running so they tapped into it somewhere else i think....

NWH

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2019, 12:26:18 pm »
I didn’t realise you had a connect Daz I thought you have a new transit.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2019, 12:30:20 pm »
Daz doesn't need a big van/tank, he only does short days😉

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2019, 12:37:16 pm »
ive decided to book it in at grippatank for a full service which includes diagnostics,fixing any leaks,new glow plug and burner kit etc.....im not convinced that i have solved the leaking fuel pipe issue tbh.....

itll be good for the van to give it a good blast on a long drive(to stop the DPF getting clogged)as i only do small stop/start journeys most of the time as i only use it for work.... :)

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2019, 12:38:16 pm »
Daz doesn't need a big van/tank, he only does short days😉

true....a 500L tank is just right for me...... :)

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2019, 01:56:17 pm »
How much is one of these services you mentioned Daz ?

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2019, 02:00:48 pm »

more than the price of your chinese heaters!not much change out of £500(£474 including VAT)i think.....

P @ F

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2019, 02:33:33 pm »

more than the price of your chinese heaters!not much change out of £500(£474 including VAT)i think.....

;D ;D ;D

Daz I could build 3 of mine for the price of 1 service !!!
I have just gotten mine to give 60 on demand from cold tank by the way , no frost protection though !