This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: diesel tank leaking/diesel heater leaking?
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2019, 11:39:45 pm »
no its the proper ford oil filter and castrol  5w-30 oil plus they stamped my service book rich.....ive been taking cars and vans there for 25 years......also they ordered and replaced the plastic sump plug.....
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2019, 11:44:29 pm »
main dealers are the worst for doing shoddy work and at very high prices too from what ive been told off other people so ive always steered clear...

P @ F

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2019, 12:03:12 am »
main dealers are the worst for doing shoddy work and at very high prices too from what ive been told off other people so ive always steered clear...

I don’t pay main dealers mate I’m too tight for that !
But I do buy parts genuine and oil in makers cans , I just don’t like paying some bloke that knows less than me to fix my poop
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Status Check

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2019, 06:55:56 am »
Daz wake up mate. Your diesel heater don't need servicing. Stop the man maths to justify things. Just fix your diesel leak yourself.
It's not rocket science. If you carry on like this you will have £10k invested in this heater before you know it.

Dave Willis

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2019, 07:15:41 am »
Lot of money for a jubilee clip.

dazmond

« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2019, 08:39:13 am »
Fair play to you Daz.
You've worked hard to earn it, so spend it however you want.
BUT...I'd be asking for a breakdown of costs!
500 squid to fix a leak that shouldn't have happened, and to service a system that works perfectly.
Perhaps i'm getting old!

Its £474 including VAT,new glow plug and burner kit fitted ,any leaks fixed and diagnostics test....

Unless there is something drastically wrong with it it doesn’t need a service mine is over 4 years old done over 8000 hours and doesn’t need a screen and pin , it’s only a fuel leak change the fitting and it will be fine , it won’t need anything like that doing after just over a years use , you say it often enough yourself you only work part time , they are just selling you a service that it shouldn’t need , all the wabasto service centres I have spoken to have all said the same thing there is no servicing needed it either works or it doesn’t , they could have easily told me it needed a service and I would have been none the wiser , but they said when it stops working or gives off clouds of white smoke get a screen and pin changed then , doing it before is a waist of money , the age mine is now I would have changed it 4 times totaly unnecessarily

when i had my heater fitted i had a fuel issue when they tapped into the fuel return pipe(the heater wouldnt work without the engine running)grippa sorted it of course.....i tightened a few jubilee clips on monday.....if this doesnt stop the leak then i want it fixing properly,i dont have a hydraulic lift to get under the van,the line going into the diesel tank is further up in an awkward tight space....so ill leave it to the guys that know what their doing.....

changing the glow plug and burner might not need doing yet but it wont do it any harm will it?

John Mart

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2019, 08:46:29 am »
I dunno, £80 for a grease monkey to change the oil
So £500 for a “full” service sounds on par

Darran

80 is still steep though as did that include filter and main dealer oil ?

Of course it included filter and oil! ::)roll

This is my point though Daz , I bet you don’t know what filter and oil went in , Euro parts prob , in which case a poor quality filter and the wrong oil , I speak from experience here , you have no problem throwing 500 at grippa maintain 4.5k yet you throw 80 down the backstreet garage to maintain what 20k all in
Surely non Ford parts would invalidate the warranty. I wouldn't risk a non dealer service on an in warranty vehicle.

dazmond

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2019, 08:49:26 am »
Daz wake up mate. Your diesel heater don't need servicing. Stop the man maths to justify things. Just fix your diesel leak yourself.
It's not rocket science. If you carry on like this you will have £10k invested in this heater before you know it.

what are you on about?if i do go ahead with the service then ill have spent just around £5k altogether....

dazmond

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2019, 08:52:33 am »
I dunno, £80 for a grease monkey to change the oil
So £500 for a “full” service sounds on par

Darran

80 is still steep though as did that include filter and main dealer oil ?

Of course it included filter and oil! ::)roll

This is my point though Daz , I bet you don’t know what filter and oil went in , Euro parts prob , in which case a poor quality filter and the wrong oil , I speak from experience here , you have no problem throwing 500 at grippa maintain 4.5k yet you throw 80 down the backstreet garage to maintain what 20k all in
Surely non Ford parts would invalidate the warranty. I wouldn't risk a non dealer service on an in warranty vehicle.

of course it voids the warranty if you dont fit genuine ford parts,thats why its a genuine ford oil filter but you dont need to go to a main dealer to have one fitted!

Crystal-clear

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2019, 09:00:35 am »
Some people would have no choice but to do the service anyway. Shame its out of warranty as grippatank would have done that in warranty for the first year.
Hope it goes well it's quite a lot of mileage and money but at least you know it's going to get sorted.

P @ F

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2019, 09:09:53 am »
Hey Daz , just an idea , but if you are hell bent on having the grippa service ask for the burner and glow plug that they take out back , 2 reasons , you will then have spares and you can then see just how much wear and tear has gone on in 12 months or so , then make a more informed decision on if you need a yearly service or not .
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dazmond

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2019, 09:10:59 am »
Some people would have no choice but to do the service anyway. Shame its out of warranty as grippatank would have done that in warranty for the first year.
Hope it goes well it's quite a lot of mileage and money but at least you know it's going to get sorted.

exactly....i use hot water every day for window cleaning (summer or winter) and i want it to continue for many years to come with a well looked after heater...

ive had people tell me i dont need to change my oil on my van every year as i only do 3-4k miles a year.....it still gets changed every year regardless....(its now had 2 oil changes and its got just over 7k on the clock and its 2 years old).....

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2019, 10:41:48 am »
I was told once by an unqualified but know it all mate that the best time to do an annual oil change was end of autumn before it turns cold, logic being that fresh oil in colder months will be more beneficial ?
£80 for an oil/filter change by a garage doesn't seem steep to me .
Considering the value we place on our hourly rate with a fraction of the running costs of a garage and mechanics wages etc.
I do my own oil change but its a messy job that  takes me an hour or so with the clean up and still costs me somewhere between £40 - £50.

NWH

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2019, 10:55:10 am »
The burner won’t need doing yet no where near,it will smoke like mad first and the water won’t be anywhere near as hot as it is-was.
I had hot water in my 5kw after 10 years with no new glow pin or burner,people can say what they like about the services I would always get it done if your unlucky and the main brain needs changing it will cost a lot to fix if you’ve not kept up with the service you’ll be looking at over a grand without call out and fitting. If you’ve had a service for the first 3 years and it go’s wrong in that time it’ll be free.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2019, 11:44:55 am »
I didn’t realise you had a connect Daz I thought you have a new transit.

How can that be possible? Even the mice in my garage know what van Dazmond has and every little extra on it- along with every aspect of his lifestyle!! ;D
Comfortably Numb!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2019, 12:15:32 pm »
Are  Grippatank situated near Cambridge?
Correct me if I'm wrong but my goodness, you need to travel that far once a year for service on the heater so as not to void the warranty!!!!
It's sheer madness😱😱😱😱

dazmond

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2019, 01:08:39 pm »
The burner won’t need doing yet no where near,it will smoke like mad first and the water won’t be anywhere near as hot as it is-was.
I had hot water in my 5kw after 10 years with no new glow pin or burner,people can say what they like about the services I would always get it done if your unlucky and the main brain needs changing it will cost a lot to fix if you’ve not kept up with the service you’ll be looking at over a grand without call out and fitting. If you’ve had a service for the first 3 years and it go’s wrong in that time it’ll be free.

Changing the glow plug and burner is part of the service.grippa do it as a matter of course every time it's serviced as well as repairing any leaks,diagnostics etc.....

dazmond

« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2019, 01:11:36 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong but my goodness, you need to travel that far once a year for service on the heater so as not to void the warranty!!!!
It's sheer madness😱😱😱😱

Yep they are......I enjoyed the drive last time and Cambridge is lovely....nice part of the country....it's a 350 mile round trip!good for the DPF on my van! ;D

Dry Clean

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2019, 01:58:26 pm »
It's sheer madness😱😱😱😱

You're thinking with your business head, when it comes to our hobbies stupidity/madness and wasting money  doesnt come into it. lol

Status Check

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2019, 02:49:30 pm »

what are you on about?if i do go ahead with the service then ill have spent just around £5k altogether....

How much will my diesel heater cost over 5 years:

5  x services costing  £474.00 each = £2370.00
5 x trips to Cambridge (loss of earnings based on £250 per day) = £1250.00
5 x 1 years of diesel fuel based on £5 per day - £1200.00 per year = £6000.00

Total including cost of heater (£4500.00) = £14120.00

Thats a lot of cash to have hot water in your van :-)