Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark turton

Min Charge
« on: February 17, 2019, 10:13:19 pm »
Hi guys picking up a little from daz's post about price rises.

For example my preferred min charge on bungelows is £12
and semis £15, Detached £18-20 and if there's a conny anything from £3 upwards as an extra dependant on size.  I still
have some at £10 and some fronts only at £6 and £7.

Anyone wanna share their views on min prices and county that its relevant too.

I operate in suffolk and a bit of essex. my round is more fragmented than some of the guys i know locally who had started few years before me. (all good lads and we look out for each other so to speak) Ive been going over 10 years and have to admit i cant consistently work at the pace i use too. So another reason for upping the average price of a job.

i think theres many of us that prob dont charge enough and i am not one of your mega windies that pulls mega money as much as id like too, I just couldnt cope physically.

appreciate some honest views and price guides. As likewise i have cherry picked a few price rises but really i need to do a blanket price rise of between 10-15% and in some cases 20-25%.

I also confessing to underpricing on bigger jobs and often find myself doing jobs that my mates would have charged between £50 and £150 more.  I guess its fear that you miss out those few hour jobs that help to make your money up over the year.

dazmond

Re: Min Charge
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 11:35:47 pm »
Price how you want....I dont have a min charge...never have....if you do then that's up to you....no right or wrong way....as long as your making a profit it doesn't matter really....
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 11:37:40 pm »
How old are you?I find I work quicker and more efficiently now than I ever did 10 years ago when I was 37.....

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 09:00:59 am »
Flexibility is good. But let's say someone wants a house front doing regularly but backs on request. You could refuse because it's 'not worth it for £7' or you might say you have a minimum charge so you CAN do it but you'd have to apply your minimum charge of a tenner.

As an example.
It's a game of three halves!

cleaniac

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 10:33:11 am »
I have worked hard last year establishing a min charge of £22. its worked wonders for sifting out the paupers, and time wasters.

Its going up again to £25 in April; and will be looking to simplify my price structure.

Min -£25 (up to 2 bed semi)
Mid-£35 (up to 3 bed semi)
Upper- £45(up to 4 bed)
Premium- £60 (up to 6 bed)
Exclusive-£95( for mansions and estate houses starting at 10 rooms)
                    +£18 extra per room
Day Rate- £450 (for extensive window cleaning work, that requires hard labour, builders cleans,premium offices etc)
I did a job actually quite recently, on this rate in central London, internal window cleaning for an exclusive office.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 10:42:57 am »
i have some housing association  granny flats i clean 4 weekly(30+ all on the same block)that ive been cleaning for years....i only charge £4 a flat(3 windows and a door mostly)all cash only jobs and they virtually all pay me on the day of clean,i still earn over £40 an hour on this work.in fact ill be cleaning them tomorrow morning then ill be cleaning 4 large houses in the afternoon which equates to £260 for the day (around 5 hours work).....so even with some cheaper priced work thrown in i can still make a fairly good days wedge for short hours....

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 10:44:16 am »
I have worked hard last year establishing a min charge of £22. its worked wonders for sifting out the paupers, and time wasters.

Its going up again to £25 in April; and will be looking to simplify my price structure.

Min -£25 (up to 2 bed semi)
Mid-£35 (up to 3 bed semi)
Upper- £45(up to 4 bed)
Premium- £60 (up to 6 bed)
Exclusive-£95( for mansions and estate houses starting at 10 rooms)
                    +£18 extra per room
Day Rate- £450 (for extensive window cleaning work, that requires hard labour, builders cleans,premium offices etc)
I did a job actually quite recently, on this rate in central London, internal window cleaning for an exclusive office.

you must be raking it in....youll be able to afford a decent sized van soon..... ;D

cleaniac

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 11:36:41 am »
Just cos you can afford it, doesn't mean you should spend it
 ;D

Dry Clean

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 08:36:39 pm »
Just cos you can afford it, doesn't mean you should spend it
 ;D

Dazmond confuses spending with wasting.