This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

John Mart

Re: diesel tank leaking/diesel heater leaking?
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2019, 03:20:41 pm »
I dunno, £80 for a grease monkey to change the oil
So £500 for a “full” service sounds on par

Darran

80 is still steep though as did that include filter and main dealer oil ?

Of course it included filter and oil! ::)roll

This is my point though Daz , I bet you don’t know what filter and oil went in , Euro parts prob , in which case a poor quality filter and the wrong oil , I speak from experience here , you have no problem throwing 500 at grippa maintain 4.5k yet you throw 80 down the backstreet garage to maintain what 20k all in
Surely non Ford parts would invalidate the warranty. I wouldn't risk a non dealer service on an in warranty vehicle.

of course it voids the warranty if you dont fit genuine ford parts,thats why its a genuine ford oil filter but you dont need to go to a main dealer to have one fitted!
You’ll have to prove it if there’s a problem. You take it on trust from your garage. For piece of mind I’d go main dealer.

dazmond

« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2019, 04:02:46 pm »
Daz wake up mate. Your diesel heater don't need servicing. Stop the man maths to justify things. Just fix your diesel leak yourself.
It's not rocket science. If you carry on like this you will have £10k invested in this heater before you know it.

what are you on about?if i do go ahead with the service then ill have spent just around £5k altogether....

How much will my diesel heater cost over 5 years:

5  x services costing  £474.00 each = £2370.00
5 x trips to Cambridge (loss of earnings based on £250 per day) = £1250.00
5 x 1 years of diesel fuel based on £5 per day - £1200.00 per year = £6000.00

Total including cost of heater (£4500.00) = £14120.00

Thats a lot of cash to have hot water in your van :-)

your figures are way off....it costs me around £80 a month to heat my water so £4400 over 5 years (based on 11 months a year),heater and fitting,£4,500,one service(call it £500)probably wont get it done every year,no earning days lost due to part time hours so one day off wont make a difference to earnings.....£9,400 over 5 years is....

around £36 a week........i can live with that....its not even 1 hours earnings a week! ;D

plus its tax deductable and i get to use hot water on everything (including my van and car once a week!) 8)
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2019, 04:04:47 pm »

Darran

This is my point though Daz , I bet you don’t know what filter and oil went in , Euro parts prob , in which case a poor quality filter and the wrong oil , I speak from experience here , you have no problem throwing 500 at grippa maintain 4.5k yet you throw 80 down the backstreet garage to maintain what 20k all in
Surely non Ford parts would invalidate the warranty. I wouldn't risk a non dealer service on an in warranty vehicle.

of course it voids the warranty if you dont fit genuine ford parts,thats why its a genuine ford oil filter but you dont need to go to a main dealer to have one fitted!
You’ll have to prove it if there’s a problem. You take it on trust from your garage. For piece of mind I’d go main dealer.

why should their be a problem?my vans 2 years old with 7k on the clock,its very unlikely to break down in the next year! ;D

Don Kee

« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2019, 04:10:24 pm »

Darran

I wouldn’t worry, tapping into the fuel line has probably already voided the warranty anyway.

Don Kee

« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2019, 04:12:00 pm »

why should their be a problem?my vans 2 years old with 7k on the clock,its very unlikely to break down in the next year! ;D

Agreed, almost as unlikely as getting a fuel leak.

Smudger

« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2019, 04:13:46 pm »
That’s only 21 pence an hour 😁

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2019, 04:24:40 pm »
You can use a garage to service your vehicle without warranty issues as long as the garage you are using are vat registered and using genuine manufactures parts for your make of vehicle. You just need a full itemised invoice as proof.

Renault quoted me almost £500 for my full  service which includes diesel filter replacement.  I got a quote for £300  for the same service from an ex Renault dealer.

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

dazmond

« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2019, 04:46:56 pm »
ill be using my local VW/AUDI main dealer for servicing my golf GTD  when it comes up(its a year old in april)because its convenient.its only a 5 min walk away........ill also be handing it back to the leasing company after 3 years and getting another brand new one once the warranty runs out....so want the service record to be good.....

with the van ill pay the balloon after 5 years and keep it most probably as itll only have around 17k on the clock! ;D

p1w1

« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2019, 05:17:28 pm »

Darran

I wouldn’t worry, tapping into the fuel line has probably already voided the warranty anyway.
Doesn't void the warranty, well doesn't on mine anyway.

deeege

« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2019, 09:49:34 am »
Having a read of this thread is a great reminder to never bother with one of these diesel heaters.

Paying £500 and driving 350 miles to get them to fix a system that they fitted less than 12 months ago?!?!?!? Madness Daz.

We’ve only had 2 minus temp mornings all winter 😂
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

P @ F

« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2019, 10:59:15 am »
Having a read of this thread is a great reminder to never bother with one of these diesel heaters.

Paying £500 and driving 350 miles to get them to fix a system that they fitted less than 12 months ago?!?!?!? Madness Daz.

This is why I build my own if possible, I can now get 60 degree water from a cold tank, and all for £200 outlay and half a litre of diesel an hour .
If the heater itself breaks it’s only £135 to get the complete unit !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

John Mart

« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2019, 11:38:29 am »

That's the truth. I might be tempted if I worked alone. A lovely warm pole in the morning.  ;D

deeege

« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2019, 11:51:21 am »
Think I’d rather invest in a good pair of gloves. As Dazmond said himself the cleaning power of hot water is exactly the same as using cold, so the only benefit is warm hands?

£10k over 5 years buys a lot of gloves 😂
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2019, 12:02:53 pm »
Do you change your glow plugs on your van every year too?  ;D

Did you ask for the full service or were you told to have it done to fix your leak? 
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

dazmond

« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2019, 12:37:19 pm »
Do you change your glow plugs on your van every year too?  ;D

Did you ask for the full service or were you told to have it done to fix your leak?

I enquired about a service on tuesday....grippa haven't got back to me yet regarding a date....it'll keep my heater in warranty.... :)

dazmond

« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2019, 12:40:31 pm »

Each to their own Danny......the heater is actually 14 months old.....I'd still rather use hot water every day than cold.the expense doesn't bother me one bit.....

jonboywalton75

« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2019, 01:53:17 pm »
I'm actually starting to believe that window cleaning is one of Daz's hobbies, he doesn't do it for money at all.
He loves it, all the toys he has are just like buying a new guitar, fishing rod or season ticket for your footy team, like the rest of all us phlebs do.
I actually do waste some money on my hobbies now and again, but Daz's window cleaning addiction is starting to worry me.
If he had a wife she'd hide his bank card on him, or divorce him😊😊😊

dazmond

« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2019, 03:40:43 pm »
I'm actually starting to believe that window cleaning is one of Daz's hobbies, he doesn't do it for money at all.
He loves it, all the toys he has are just like buying a new guitar, fishing rod or season ticket for your footy team, like the rest of all us phlebs do.
I actually do waste some money on my hobbies now and again, but Daz's window cleaning addiction is starting to worry me.
If he had a wife she'd hide his bank card on him, or divorce him😊😊😊

so you dont want to know about me spending over £1200 on  3 drums then,special order bespoke made.....16-20 week lead time......now thats my REAL hobby! ;)

mapex saturn v blue water maple burl 3 piece shell pack(classic rock sizes).....maple and walnut shells....a work of art! 8)

Dave Willis

« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2019, 04:15:20 pm »
Dazmond, are you Nathan?

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2019, 06:06:03 pm »
Well I have just picked up a huge commercial regular contract today worth a small fortune to me.   Was told the reason why they chose me was because they liked the fact that I used a hot water system dispite not being the cheapest quote.

So I guess it does pay for itself in the long term.