Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Grippatank 9kw Hydroheat 🔥
« Reply #540 on: December 15, 2018, 03:36:40 pm »
Nah , nothing yet , still doing my homework for the mo !
Dopey Daz thinks I'm going up to Grippa in January  ;D ;D ;D ;D

theres no way you d fit a grippa hydroheat in that van of yours anyway mate unless you reduced the size of your tank to a 150L! ;D
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #541 on: December 15, 2018, 04:42:21 pm »
Nah , nothing yet , still doing my homework for the mo !
Dopey Daz thinks I'm going up to Grippa in January  ;D ;D ;D ;D

theres no way you d fit a grippa hydroheat in that van of yours anyway mate unless you reduced the size of your tank to a 150L! ;D

Ha , I was wondering when you would see that comment  ;D
You are right though with the 350 tank , my 250 would give me space and 100kg less , but its down to batteries and charging , thats why I have to come up with a different solution .
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #542 on: December 18, 2018, 08:05:28 pm »
Have any of you Grippa owners taken the temp of the coolant in the header tank once you are up to your usual cleaning temps ,  I just want to know if the plate exchanger takes all the heat from the coolant or if it builds up the temp in the header tank ?
If you have not then would you mind checking please , providing that it doesnt melt your hand of course  ;D
Cheers , Its nearly D-day , my bits and bobs are on the way !

dazmond

« Reply #543 on: December 19, 2018, 06:11:04 pm »
Have any of you Grippa owners taken the temp of the coolant in the header tank once you are up to your usual cleaning temps ,  I just want to know if the plate exchanger takes all the heat from the coolant or if it builds up the temp in the header tank ?
If you have not then would you mind checking please , providing that it doesnt melt your hand of course  ;D
Cheers , Its nearly D-day , my bits and bobs are on the way !

my coolant in the header tank is around half full and i cant get my hand in with my meter to check it when its up to full temperature....all i know is its hot..... ;D

P @ F

« Reply #544 on: December 19, 2018, 06:18:50 pm »
That will do for me cheers Daz , at least i know that the heat exchanger does not zap all the heat out and it sends some back as reserve .
My bits came today , let the tinkering commence  ;D ;D ;D

Slacky

« Reply #545 on: December 19, 2018, 08:12:20 pm »
The temp of the coolant is meant to get to 88°C I believe before the burner turns off.

« Reply #546 on: December 19, 2018, 08:33:26 pm »

my coolant in the header tank is around half full and i cant get my hand in with my meter to check it when its up to full temperature....all i know is its hot..... ;D
[/quote]

Daz if your coolant is that low you will need to check with grippa the correct levels,  as I believe that is way too low
Better to be safe than damage something

Splash & dash

« Reply #547 on: December 19, 2018, 09:21:01 pm »

Daz if your coolant is that low you will need to check with grippa the correct levels,  as I believe that is way too low
[/quote]

Half full on these systems if fine you don’t want too much more than that

P @ F

« Reply #548 on: December 20, 2018, 12:52:30 am »
My lord , my bits and bobs are the mutts nuts !
Did a mock up in the connie and had to walk out as it was hot , hot ,hot , just aswell I got a remote control for it , I was able to turn it off from the cooling down armchair  ;D ;D ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #549 on: December 20, 2018, 07:41:03 am »
Did a mock up in the connie and had to walk out as it was hot , hot ,hot , just aswell I got a remote control for it , I was able to turn it off from the cooling down armchair  ;D ;D ;D

Nice. You’ll be able to phone 999 from your arm chair for the fire brigade too.

;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #550 on: December 20, 2018, 08:12:01 am »

[/quote]

its actually just slightly more than half full but only a little....it was like that when i had it installed so it must be fine....

NWH

« Reply #551 on: December 20, 2018, 01:30:28 pm »
It should be 2/3rds full and you need to use the right coolant,if you top it up I’d get it from them or check with them you can only use the red-pink coolant.

a900

« Reply #552 on: December 20, 2018, 04:47:14 pm »

It didn’t happen without photos 😂😂😂

Splash & dash

« Reply #553 on: December 20, 2018, 06:03:26 pm »
It should be 2/3rds full and you need to use the right coolant,if you top it up I’d get it from them or check with them you can only use the red-pink coolant.

Oliver told me not to fill it above half way , providing you have coolant circulating he said the volume wasn’t overly important, I think most recomend around 5 ltr in the header tank , the more you have the longer it takes to warm up

dazmond

« Reply #554 on: December 20, 2018, 06:32:27 pm »

you can get red/pink coolant from  any car spares shop or online no problem.....

P @ F

« Reply #555 on: December 20, 2018, 06:56:33 pm »
Just ran the burner up for 1 hour on full heat , only used a shot leisure battery on it and it only used 400ml
That’s 2 boxes ticked , cheap to run and jack poop power consumption
Just gotta get the heat from the burner into the water !

Splash & dash

« Reply #556 on: December 20, 2018, 10:26:28 pm »
Just ran the burner up for 1 hour on full heat , only used a shot leisure battery on it and it only used 400ml

400 ml of fuel in an hour lol mine uses 1to 1:5 ltr per hour

P @ F

« Reply #557 on: December 21, 2018, 01:23:59 am »

Great isnt it eh !
Just stripped it down and there is no scope for light mods , so it looks like the plasma discs are coming out to play the morrow .
Brand new and its getting the chop already  ;D ;D ;D

Slacky

« Reply #558 on: December 21, 2018, 05:48:06 am »

Can’t you tell it it was a submersible pump in its previous life.

Jonny 87

« Reply #559 on: December 21, 2018, 06:32:10 am »

Great isnt it eh !
Just stripped it down and there is no scope for light mods , so it looks like the plasma discs are coming out to play the morrow .
Brand new and its getting the chop already  ;D ;D ;D

What kind of heat increase are you expecting?

With that fuel use id say  it was less than 4kw in power?
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher