Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: hot water users......water temperature/brushes/microbore.
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2018, 07:02:11 pm »
Drive to a job with return to tank and you can hear it working flat out in the back of the van preheating the header tank,within 5-10 minutes my working water has gone from 45-50 degrees back up to 72ish. It’ll stabilise at 45-55 then after a time drop down to 25-30,as soon as it senses it needs heat again after a short time the diesel pump will kick in and you can hear the header tank pump bubble circulating the water again,the more charge you have in the batteries the hotter your heater will get take it from me with crap voltage the heater works as slow as someone on the minimum wage.

P @ F

« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2018, 07:38:51 pm »
Sounds a bit like me that  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

lal

« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2018, 01:00:28 pm »
Drive to a job with return to tank and you can hear it working flat out in the back of the van preheating the header tank,within 5-10 minutes my working water has gone from 45-50 degrees back up to 72ish. It’ll stabilise at 45-55 then after a time drop down to 25-30,as soon as it senses it needs heat again after a short time the diesel pump will kick in and you can hear the header tank pump bubble circulating the water again,the more charge you have in the batteries the hotter your heater will get take it from me with crap voltage the heater works as slow as someone on the minimum wage.

Hi NWH, when driving to work with your return to tank on, what number flow rate do you have the pump on.
Thanks
Lal

dazmond

« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2018, 04:08:28 pm »
Larry I have mine on 30-40.ive found it doesn't make any difference in water temperature. Mine is always piping hot by the time I get to my first job.
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2018, 04:37:33 pm »
The lower th flow the more time the water gets over the plate exchanger so I drop mine down to 10-15 when you increase the flow the temp will then start to drop,even if you have the water on a high flow at points during the heat up and shut down mode it will still give you over 50 degrees. Like I say the more power supplied to it the better it will perform. With a good energy supply you can actually hear it performing better it pulses quicker on the diesel pump and the burner is louder,if it’s working well it sounds very much like a jet engine.

NWH

« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2018, 04:42:06 pm »
If you pull up to a job doing it the way I do you’ll get very hot water at the start of each job,if it’s very very cold in the morning I won’t recirculate back to tank I’ll just switch the heater on before I set off allowing the header tank water to heat up as this also will preserve the batteries because you are doing this while driving. If I’m going to PVC work first thing no matter how cold it is I will recirculate back to tank so the water is at around 72-75 degrees before I start,at that temperature it spits out the brush jets like an angry 🐍

lal

« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2018, 07:26:49 pm »
Larry I have mine on 30-40.ive found it doesn't make any difference in water temperature. Mine is always piping hot by the time I get to my first job.

Thanks dazmond, i collected the van with new system in from Omagh in Northern Ireland on Friday morning,
Oliver flew over from England on tuesday to oversee & train the engineers fitting the Diesel heater, as it was their first time
fitting a Grippatank one,  Oliver showed me the ropes about using the controller, and how the system works filters etc,
I must say Oliver is very patient and helpful with my questions, and he certainly knows his stuff, a Gentleman.
And a big thanks to Brian and Arthur from Sureclean for all their hard work and great customer service, i cannot recommend them highly enough.

lal

« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2018, 07:28:52 pm »
The lower th flow the more time the water gets over the plate exchanger so I drop mine down to 10-15 when you increase the flow the temp will then start to drop,even if you have the water on a high flow at points during the heat up and shut down mode it will still give you over 50 degrees. Like I say the more power supplied to it the better it will perform. With a good energy supply you can actually hear it performing better it pulses quicker on the diesel pump and the burner is louder,if it’s working well it sounds very much like a jet engine.

Thanks NWH, for your advice, very much appreciated.
Lal

dazmond

« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2018, 10:28:12 pm »

Thanks dazmond, i collected the van with new system in from Omagh in Northern Ireland on Friday morning,
Oliver flew over from England on tuesday to oversee & train the engineers fitting the Diesel heater, as it was their first time
fitting a Grippatank one,  Oliver showed me the ropes about using the controller, and how the system works filters etc,
I must say Oliver is very patient and helpful with my questions, and he certainly knows his stuff, a Gentleman.
And a big thanks to Brian and Arthur from Sureclean for all their hard work and great customer service, i cannot recommend them highly enough.

i bet you cant wait to go to work tomorrow now larry! ;D

you ll probably get a few teething problems.i know i did but everything seems to have been sorted out now. :)

i had to change my microbore as the standard hose i had just wasnt up to the job and was pretty well worn after 2 years so ive now put 100m of 6mm red pure freedom braided hose which seems much better/tougher( but roughly the same weight)time will tell whether its any good.

the hot water was destroying my softer bristle brushes(not the flocked though)so ive now got mainly stiff bristle versions(xtremes,ultimates).

im loving the hot water again and it makes my working day that bit easier/more comfortable and the diesel heaters get the water hotter and a more consistent heat than the gas heaters IMO.

temperature wise i just keep it on full.oliver told me its the best for the heaters(as well as keeping the heater going with minimal shut downs and start ups)

dazmond

« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2018, 05:23:21 pm »
have you got the 20amp numax "connect and forget" battery charger as well larry to bench charge your batteries?this was another issue i had.my halfords one just wasnt up to the job.

just be careful with single pane windows mate on a cold day and avoid ANY window with a slight crack in it and you should be ok! ;D

hope you had a great first day using the hot water larry...... :)

NWH

« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2018, 06:40:07 pm »
You need to try and change the way you clean windows slightly Larry with hot water scrubbing like your life depends on it is not needed,cracking Windows with hot water the majority of the time is done because you are rinsing off the glass. Using mono brushes you can scrub and rinse on that’s all you need to do with hot,if you scrub pull the brush back off the glass and rinse like you do if you clean this way with cold there’s a good chance you’ll crack a few windows m8. It’s not like starting again but you do need to adjust your technique slightly.

lal

« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2018, 11:09:25 pm »
have you got the 20amp numax "connect and forget" battery charger as well larry to bench charge your batteries?this was another issue i had.my halfords one just wasnt up to the job.

just be careful with single pane windows mate on a cold day and avoid ANY window with a slight crack in it and you should be ok! ;D

Hi dazmond, i had no work on today, i have tomorrow, so will be using Hot for the first time on  customers House's  :'(
I haven't got a charger at all at the moment, i will see how i get on with the Intelligent B to B charger, my work is not
compact like yours, its all over the place, so more miles hopefully means no battery issues, we will have to see,
thanks for the advice daz, i will definitely be staying away from single pane and cracked glass with hot water,
I will keep you posted on my adventures.
Larry

lal

« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2018, 11:16:16 pm »
You need to try and change the way you clean windows slightly Larry with hot water scrubbing like your life depends on it is not needed,cracking Windows with hot water the majority of the time is done because you are rinsing off the glass. Using mono brushes you can scrub and rinse on that’s all you need to do with hot,if you scrub pull the brush back off the glass and rinse like you do if you clean this way with cold there’s a good chance you’ll crack a few windows m8. It’s not like starting again but you do need to adjust your technique slightly.

Hi NWH, thanks for your sound advice, i won't be scrubbing hard, i will be going easy and gentle, i do rinse on, have
done for years, thanks again.
Larry

dazmond

« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2018, 09:16:11 am »

Hi dazmond, i had no work on today, i have tomorrow, so will be using Hot for the first time on  customers House's  :'(
I haven't got a charger at all at the moment, i will see how i get on with the Intelligent B to B charger, my work is not
compact like yours, its all over the place, so more miles hopefully means no battery issues, we will have to see,
thanks for the advice daz, i will definitely be staying away from single pane and cracked glass with hot water,
I will keep you posted on my adventures.
Larry

youll still need to bench charge your batteries from time to time larry ......these heaters are heavy on the batteries.the b to b charger is only there to top up your batteries while your out and about so they dont run too low(unless you do 40-50 miles a day i dont think the btob charger will charge them up fully)

Jonny 87

« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2018, 02:20:07 pm »
lal,

Did you go for the 9kw version also? With a return to tank set up?

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

NWH

« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2018, 03:57:26 pm »
The return to tank is easy enough to do yourself just a small piece of pole hose with a hose tail on the end through the air hole in the tank,every time you go back to the van and disconnect plug into the tank.

lal

« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2018, 04:07:03 pm »
lal,

Hi Jonny,
yes i went for the 9Kw heater with a return to Tank set up, have you got the same, or are you thinking of getting one.

Larry

dazmond

« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2018, 04:23:16 pm »
also larry make sure your frost stat is ON and you plug back into the tank after your last job of the day.esp the next few days as its forecast below freezing overnight.dont wanna risk damaging the heater.

i still think your gonna need a numax 20amp battery charger mate.......grippa should supply them as standard IMO.if your batteries drain down too much you ll knacker them plus your heater wont work to its full potential.

lal

« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2018, 04:33:29 pm »
lal,

Hi Jonny,
yes i went for the 9Kw heater with a return to Tank set up, have you got the same, or are you thinking of getting one.

Larry

Hi Jonny, sorry ive just read your earlier posts, and you were in the same dilemma as me as to  which one to get,
 there are certainly mixed views on CIU with which one to buy, i originally ordered the 5 KW heater, then with much
 debating in my head, i rung up and changed the order for the 9 KW instead, the way i look at it, if i had bought the 5 Kw,
 then after a time i realised it wasn't powerful enough or for any reason, i would be stuck with it, so for the sake of a bit
 more money i went for the 9 KW, as for performance I would much rather have more than less just in case.

Larry

lal

« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2018, 04:44:52 pm »
also larry make sure your frost stat is ON and you plug back into the tank after your last job of the day.esp the next few days as its forecast below freezing overnight.dont wanna risk damaging the heater.

i still think your gonna need a numax 20amp battery charger mate.......grippa should supply them as standard IMO.if your batteries drain down too much you ll knacker them plus your heater wont work to its full potential.

Hi dazmond,
yes my Frost stat is on, and i make sure the reel hose is plugged back into return tank every day, daz how often do you
charge your batteries with your numax 20amp charger, and for how long, do you charge them in the van or take them
indoors.
Larry