This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: hot water users......water temperature/brushes/microbore.
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2018, 10:17:32 am »
This morning I’m getting a constant 53-55 degrees 60-70 meters out of the van when I’m reeling back in and the hose is packed back on the reel it’s smoking with heat and dew from the grass 😂

NWH

« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2018, 10:19:47 am »
Above 45-50 the water almost evaporates as your scrubbing the glass lovley stuff driving off they are almost dry.

Jonny 87

« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2018, 11:39:09 am »
Yes speak to Oliver.  I know he recommended to  me the better one following feedback he had received.

Considering the money your paying anyway it would be silly to scrimp at the last hurdle to save a few hundred.

It's like buying a new car and picking the smaller engine model to save a small amount.  Only to find it struggles going up hill and puts more strain on the engine in normal use.

I see what your saying, but from the experiences I’ve been hearing about online, the 5kw machine is more reliable, it uses less fuel, and for a one man operator like me in Scotland, the 9kw would actually be producing water so hot, that I wouldn’t want to touch cold glass with it, even on minimum.

It’s a doozie! lol.

It’s been sub zero temperatures for about a month now, no way would I want 40 degrees on glass this time of year, I clean a lot of large properties with huge panes of glass, and that kind of change in temperature can’t be Good, id be waiting for the pop.

if its sub zero you wont get 40 degrees at brush end with a load of hose out jonny.i was getting 27c with 100m out on frosty ground ( 0c ambient air temperature.)33c with around 50-60m out.

oliver said i would get 20-30 at brush head with lots of hose off the reel on a cold day.up to 60c in the summertime on a hot day.

remember nigel hasnt got a grippatank heater,we have.(his has been modified DIY style by himself)

Ok mate, I see what your saying.

I’m Curious as to how the 5kw version on grippas website says a max output of 76 degrees.  ???

Even if that was with all the hose on the reel, it’s not going to lose 30 or 40 degrees due to the cold ground.

When my immersion got the water up to 40 degrees in the tank, that was plenty for a cold day, about 20 degrees on the glass.

I’m also in touch with someone here who r gently got the 5kw version, and he says it is very hot for one man.

I’m Wondering  if your 9kw is under performing?

I’ve emailed Oliver for his advice.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

NWH

« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2018, 02:15:41 pm »
I’ve just been getting a constant 55-58 degrees with the flow controller on 80 for over 45 minutes it drops slightly to 45 but once the fuel pump on the heater kicks in it’s quickly back up to over 50. Again that is too hot to hold your hand under it for more than a couple of seconds,there’s no way you need water any hotter than that for cleaning windows or PVC the dirt melts off whatever you are cleaning.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2018, 03:00:55 pm »
How are u guys measuring your temp out of brush head?  I go by feel but want to measure real temp.

I have a tds stick but even if I hold it in a mug it takes a while for the temp to raise on the stick.  Took about a minute to provide max reading.   

Holding stick into the flowing water won't work as it will play havok with electronics when getting wet through. 

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

dazmond

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2018, 03:11:02 pm »
i was getting 53c at the brush head this afternoon on the conny roof/UPVC add on job.i only had around 30m off the reel though.

i was done and dusted in less than 90 mins(£100 job)happy days!the hot water certainly helped! 8)
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2018, 03:16:42 pm »
Yes speak to Oliver.  I know he recommended to  me the better one following feedback he had received.

Considering the money your paying anyway it would be silly to scrimp at the last hurdle to save a few hundred.

It's like buying a new car and picking the smaller engine model to save a small amount.  Only to find it struggles going up hill and puts more strain on the engine in normal use.

I see what your saying, but from the experiences I’ve been hearing about online, the 5kw machine is more reliable, it uses less fuel, and for a one man operator like me in Scotland, the 9kw would actually be producing water so hot, that I wouldn’t want to touch cold glass with it, even on minimum.

It’s a doozie! lol.

It’s been sub zero temperatures for about a month now, no way would I want 40 degrees on glass this time of year, I clean a lot of large properties with huge panes of glass, and that kind of change in temperature can’t be Good, id be waiting for the pop.

if its sub zero you wont get 40 degrees at brush end with a load of hose out jonny.i was getting 27c with 100m out on frosty ground ( 0c ambient air temperature.)33c with around 50-60m out.

oliver said i would get 20-30 at brush head with lots of hose off the reel on a cold day.up to 60c in the summertime on a hot day.

remember nigel hasnt got a grippatank heater,we have.(his has been modified DIY style by himself)

I’m Curious as to how the 5kw version on grippas website says a max output of 76 degrees.  ???

Even if that was with all the hose on the reel, it’s not going to lose 30 or 40 degrees due to the cold ground.

When my immersion got the water up to 40 degrees in the tank, that was plenty for a cold day, about 20 degrees on the glass.

I’m also in touch with someone here who r gently got the 5kw version, and he says it is very hot for one man.

under performing?you must be joking jonny!its been getting up to 45c-53c at brush end today(no freezing ground and around 9c with 30-40m off the reel).thats plenty hot enough. :)

dazmond

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2018, 03:21:12 pm »
i reckon you could easily lose 20-30c with 100m of hose out on frosty ground.esp if its standard microbore like mine.

NWH

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2018, 05:04:40 pm »
My inline frost stat monitor reads the same as my handheld TDS temp gauge if you are getting 20-30 degrees with a 5 kw heater it should only be reading that as the heat has dropped over a short period,it should within a shortish time be getting back up to temp. I bet there’s a few people using the 5 kw without sufficient charge in there batteries,they will struggle to get constant flow of hot water.

Jonny 87

« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2018, 05:08:38 pm »

It’s a doozie! lol.

under performing?you must be joking jonny!its been getting up to 45c-53c at brush end today(no freezing ground and around 9c with 30-40m off the reel).thats plenty hot enough. :)

Is that it on max temp?

What I’m trying to work out is that the temps your getting seem to line up with those who have the 5kw, your mayb 10 degrees higher or so, but the heaters using an extra 4kw of power.

The 9kw is designed for two Man systems, so if you had two pumps running off that it would probably struggle?
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2018, 05:21:23 pm »

It’s a doozie! lol.

Is that it on max temp?

What I’m trying to work out is that the temps your getting seem to line up with those who have the 5kw, your mayb 10 degrees higher or so, but the heaters using an extra 4kw of power.

The 9kw is designed for two Man systems, so if you had two pumps running off that it would probably struggle?

yep jonny im running it on full power.no idea about 2 man operation as mine is a one man system.its hot enough for me thats for sure. ;D

dd

« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2018, 05:25:15 pm »
How does having the batteries fully charged effect the temperature?

I am not technically minded but would have thought the temperature was as a result of being fed by the diesel. I do not see how the battery not being fully charged should affect this too much.

If the battery gets too low the controller should simply cut the power anyway.

dazmond

« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2018, 05:37:56 pm »
my batteries are still nearly at full charge at the end of my working day due to my split charge relay.i do top them up every night though with a numax 20amp charger.(2 x105 ah batteries).

some say these heaters are heavy on the batteries but ive not found that to be the case even when parked up for hours with my heater on full power. :)

Splash & dash

« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2018, 05:53:53 pm »
You will get  40 degrees from a 5 kw mines been higher than that today,the 9 kw is for 2 users.

If you haven’t got much hose out maybe  I have several friends who had the 5kw model and if you had 60 + meters of hose out the water wasn’t Evan Luke warm , they have all now got the 9 kw model and at that distancce it’s hot there is a huge difference, when I spoke to Oliver at Grippatank he recommended the 9 better to have more than you need and turn it down rather than be running on maximum and it’s only just Luke warm , everyone is entitled to there opinion but I would hate to see people spend thousands of pounds and not be happy with the temperature they need to see one in action before committing to a purchase , as I said all my friends were very disappointed with there’s and we are in a relatively warm part of the country

NWH

« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2018, 05:58:56 pm »
If anyone on here gives me there email I can I will send them a video of mine working if they don’t believe me,Luke warm if mine was that I would not even bother turning it on tbh have these people got a fairly good conditioned heat exchanger and burner. Like I say batteries play a huge part with these heaters if they don’t get enough power they hardly heat up.

Jonny 87

« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2018, 06:34:35 pm »
You will get  40 degrees from a 5 kw mines been higher than that today,the 9 kw is for 2 users.

If you haven’t got much hose out maybe  I have several friends who had the 5kw model and if you had 60 + meters of hose out the water wasn’t Evan Luke warm , they have all now got the 9 kw model and at that distancce it’s hot there is a huge difference, when I spoke to Oliver at Grippatank he recommended the 9 better to have more than you need and turn it down rather than be running on maximum and it’s only just Luke warm , everyone is entitled to there opinion but I would hate to see people spend thousands of pounds and not be happy with the temperature they need to see one in action before committing to a purchase , as I said all my friends were very disappointed with there’s and we are in a relatively warm part of the country

Your friends that had the 5kw were they running as single operators? Or two man systems?

It’s comfusing that I seem to be getting different answers and different heat readings from different people.  ???

I’ve emailed Oliver today, but no response yet. Will See what he recommends.

Thanks for your help. 👍

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2018, 06:45:32 pm »

Your friends that had the 5kw were they running as single operators? Or two man systems?

It’s comfusing that I seem to be getting different answers and different heat readings from different people.  ???

Thanks for your help. 👍

I guess the different answers are because  of the method used to take temp reads.  I did put the question up earlier as the tds sticks won't read correctly when I tried it. But no one replied  ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

dazmond

« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2018, 06:45:40 pm »
who do you know with a 5kw heater thats happy with the heat it produces?(nigels heater doesnt count as his is a DIY model)

Splash & dash

« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2018, 06:50:48 pm »

Thanks for your help. 👍

They were single operators and ves the batteries were fine mine is a duel operator 9 kw I think there maybe descrepencies with the way people are measuring temperature. And amount of hose out , and 6 mm hose will loose heat quickly if on cold ground with 100 meters out again flow rate will affect temperature

dazmond

« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2018, 06:56:11 pm »
jonny just buy the 9kw heater but make sure  its running for more than 5 mins (with the engine off!)when you go to pick it up! ;D