This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: hot water users......water temperature/brushes/microbore.
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2018, 06:42:06 pm »
my 2 x 105 ah numax batteries are neatly stored down the side of my tank in battery boxes.i simply remove the lid off the nearest one and put croc clips on(it charges both up).i run an extension lead to mine.i do it every night at the moment larry.(i do very little mileage).

if your doing a fair bit of mileage every day you might only have to bench charge overnight once a week mate.keep an eye on your battery voltage(ideally you dont want it reading any less than 12.2 at any time)mine drops to 12.4 sometimes if im parked in one place for hours with the heater on full whack,usually its 12.5 or 12.6 which is ok.
price higher/work harder!

Jonny 87

« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2018, 12:06:41 am »
lal,

Did you go for the 9kw version also? With a return to tank set up?

Hi Jonny,
yes i went for the 9Kw heater with a return to Tank set up, have you got the same, or are you thinking of getting one.

Larry

Hi Jonny, sorry ive just read your earlier posts, and you were in the same dilemma as me as to  which one to get,
 there are certainly mixed views on CIU with which one to buy, i originally ordered the 5 KW heater, then with much
 debating in my head, i rung up and changed the order for the 9 KW instead, the way i look at it, if i had bought the 5 Kw,
 then after a time i realised it wasn't powerful enough or for any reason, i would be stuck with it, so for the sake of a bit
 more money i went for the 9 KW, as for performance I would much rather have more than less just in case.

Larry

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I’m in the stages of deciding which route to go down.

Your right what you say about having more capacity than you need, it’s always a fail safe that way.

I’ve had a reply from Oliver regarding output temperature, and this time of year with a flow of about 25 on the controller, the 5kw heater should produce 55-60 degrees out the heater.

I run my controller higher than 25, so will lose a little heat there, but even so, the 50 degree mark from the heater is plenty.

It does sound like the 5kw might be suited best to my needs, as it’s more economic, and from
What I gather, it’s best to run these heaters flat out at max temp, this is better for the burner, so if I was to choose the 9kw version, then in the winter the water would be far too hot for me.

I’m Still deciding though, so may change my mind.  ;D

Thanks Larry, and hope You enjoy your new hot setup. It will make things much more comfortable in this weather for sure.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2018, 09:04:03 am »
lal,

Hi Jonny,
yes i went for the 9Kw heater with a return to Tank set up, have you got the same, or are you thinking of getting one.

Larry

Hi Jonny, sorry ive just read your earlier posts, and you were in the same dilemma as me as to  which one to get,
 there are certainly mixed views on CIU with which one to buy, i originally ordered the 5 KW heater, then with much
 debating in my head, i rung up and changed the order for the 9 KW instead, the way i look at it, if i had bought the 5 Kw,
 then after a time i realised it wasn't powerful enough or for any reason, i would be stuck with it, so for the sake of a bit
 more money i went for the 9 KW, as for performance I would much rather have more than less just in case.

Larry

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I’m in the stages of deciding which route to go down.

Your right what you say about having more capacity than you need, it’s always a fail safe that way.

I’ve had a reply from Oliver regarding output temperature, and this time of year with a flow of about 25 on the controller, the 5kw heater should produce 55-60 degrees out the heater.

I run my controller higher than 25, so will lose a little heat there, but even so, the 50 degree mark from the heater is plenty.

It does sound like the 5kw might be suited best to my needs, as it’s more economic, and from
What I gather, it’s best to run these heaters flat out at max temp, this is better for the burner, so if I was to choose the 9kw version, then in the winter the water would be far too hot for me.

Thanks Larry, and hope You enjoy your new hot setup. It will make things much more comfortable in this weather for sure.

oliver told me to expect 20-30c at brush end with 100m of hose out on a very cold day with my 9kw heater and he was bang on.......

Jonny 87

« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2018, 11:07:46 am »
lal,

Hi Jonny,

Larry

Larry

Hi Larry,

oliver told me to expect 20-30c at brush end with 100m of hose out on a very cold day with my 9kw heater and he was bang on.......

It’s a tough one,  Oliver said the 9kw is a more versatile machine.

That is the worst possible scenario though that Oliver gave you, Freezing cold day, and a full 100 metres of hose on the cold floor.

9kw is just going to be too hot for me I think, and could cause more problems than Solve.
Damaged hoses, cracked glass etc.

According to the stats Oliver has given me, I should be able to achieve nice warm water in the winter (not piping hot) and very warm in the summer when the ambient temperature is high.

With the benefits of less fuel use, being able to run it on full so better for the burner, and also having a more reliable machine as apparently the 5kw is.

Think I’m leaning towards the 5kw.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Dry Clean

« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2018, 11:55:54 am »
Heating water to say 50degrees will take the same fuel no matter what kw your heater is.

dazmond

« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2018, 04:00:13 pm »
go for it jonny..me personally was put off by the 5kw heater due to all the users on here previously that had the pure freedom ones.

im sure oliver wouldnt sell them if they couldnt get hot enough as he come across as a professional guy who knows his stuff.....