This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: hot water users......water temperature/brushes/microbore.
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2018, 12:08:01 pm »
Wow , i just relised that that pic was taken after my stroke 3 years ago today !
I had my liscence revoked and had to get the old man to help out , i had the system and fobbed him off with the backpack  ;D

He soon got  >:( >:( >:( so this was what i cobbled together from bits in the garage , then he was all  :D :D :D again !

i remember mate.hope your looking after yourself these days rich.keep off the cigarettes,booze and fried ups.
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2018, 12:09:59 pm »
Ah well thats a bonus being 6mm as it shouldnt be far off the standard weight , as you say , it was great quality but heavy in 8mm , maybe it was just my fingers that were sticky  ;D

i remember it being sticky too rich (when it was brand new but it wore off after a few weeks of use.)

P @ F

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2018, 12:23:30 pm »
Ah well thats a bonus being 6mm as it shouldnt be far off the standard weight , as you say , it was great quality but heavy in 8mm , maybe it was just my fingers that were sticky  ;D

i remember it being sticky too rich (when it was brand new but it wore off after a few weeks of use.)

I didnt give it time then , it came off quicker than it went on after reeling it in once !

I am looking after myself these days , no smoking , better diet , as for beer , thats down a lot , but one step at a time eh  ;D
And im taking it easy hence the 250 L refit , I came home after 3 hours yesterday with £120 in my pocket and the shame of still having 50 L left in the tank , it breaks me this working smarter milarkey  ;)
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Slacky

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2018, 06:34:16 pm »
Im using the 6mm Grippa red hose. Temp is set to max.

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2018, 10:52:51 am »
Im using the 6mm Grippa red hose. Temp is set to max.

Even on a cold morning like it's going to be tomorrow matt? It's forecast to be 0c first thing. If it's on max u won't be able to see the windows for the steam surely?

Slacky

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2018, 12:00:10 pm »
Dunno 😀 I’ll see what it’s like tomorrow.

Jonny 87

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2018, 10:56:40 pm »
I’m thinking if this is how hot the 9kw gets, id need to get the 5kw version.

Surely that would give 40 degrees at the brush head normally.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Splash & dash

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2018, 11:01:19 pm »
I’m thinking if this is how hot the 9kw gets, id need to get the 5kw version.

Surely that would give 40 degrees at the brush head normally.

Avoid the 5kw at all cost it’s rubbish waist of money 9 kw is the one to have you can adjust the temperature to suite on Grippatank one Ionic’s has only 2 settings winter and summer not very good really as no additional adjustment

NWH

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2018, 11:40:46 pm »
I have a 5kw watt and they are not rubbish if you speak to someone who knows about them they will tell you the 9kw version are more hassle.

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2018, 08:02:34 am »
I have a 5kw watt and they are not rubbish if you speak to someone who knows about them they will tell you the 9kw version are more hassle.

in what way are the 9kw heaters more hassle?

what put me off getting a 5kw heater were all the window cleaners who bought the pure freedom ones they used to sell.they all said they werent powerful enough and the water would only get lukewarm/warm.

id be seriously annoyed if id of spent all that money on one for warm water.

ive just heard what i thought was a low flying jumbo jet outside my flat but its just the frost stat thats kicked in! ;D

slap bash

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2018, 09:16:57 am »
For the above reason, I don`t use hot water. I had a chat with a PU hot water hose manufacturing chap. He said only a rubber hose would be able to handle hot water as PU hose we use will delaminate when the water reaches over 60 degrees. What he did say was that once it was exposed to hot it will deteriorate rapidly. He also said it would get soft and once cooled it would become increasingly hard and not flex as it should. Also, fittings would become unreliable and prone to cracking. All this is why I do not use hot water. Furthermore, he said using water over 30 degrees was putting you PU component under stress and would reduce the life of the parts. He also added that once the parts have been exposed to over 60 degrees the PU become irreversibly damaged and this damage was an instance. You would not even notice it has happened.
I always thought once it cooled down it quality would return to a good hose which he said "no its Fuceeed".
Armed with this information I decided to stop wasting money and stick with cold water. EG hot pressure water hoses.
P.s. only rubber hoses would handle but are heavy. The chaps installing hot water systems are leading us a merry dance as they only heat water and have not considered the total system.

slap bash

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2018, 09:27:04 am »
I am sure there will be many very disappointed investors in H/W  systems that will attack me and my bad news as this is the norm for CTU members but save your rath and do some research before you try to justify your investment to me and others who have found out the facts.

NWH

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2018, 10:24:09 am »
Complete ball poop I have had the same reel of micro ore on for 3 years my 5kw heater puts out water hot enough to make it look like the windows are on fire,the key is fully charged batteries.

Jonny 87

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2018, 02:07:35 pm »
Complete ball poop I have had the same reel of micro ore on for 3 years my 5kw heater puts out water hot enough to make it look like the windows are on fire,the key is fully charged batteries.

Is your webasto 5kw the same as grippa sell?

I’m tempted To op for the 5kw as I think it will
Suit my needs better.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2018, 04:46:31 pm »
i decided to test my water temperature again today.im gonna keep my heater on full whack from now on and stop faffing about with it!apparently these heaters work best on full power and continous running.

on full whack with 100m off the reel on freezing ground i was getting 27c at brush end which is fine for a cold day(ambient air temperature was 1c).with 50-60m off the reel it was 33c which again is fine.

obviously the temperature will be higher on a warmer day but then again the glass will be able to take the extra heat. ;)

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2018, 04:48:11 pm »

yours only gets hot enough because you ve tweaked something(which invalidates the warranty)nigel.

NWH

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2018, 05:53:22 pm »
No it doesn’t no Daz I’ve had to do away with that centre pipe as I’ve changed my heat exchanger and now have no needle valve to adjust the temp at the moment,it just means it’s running the same as a normal 5 kw heater on full heat setting.

NWH

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2018, 05:55:09 pm »
Mine is a thermo top C not the. Same as the grippa but it works the same and produces the same temps 5 or 9 kw

dd

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2018, 06:00:02 pm »
No it doesn’t no Daz I’ve had to do away with that centre pipe as I’ve changed my heat exchanger and now have no needle valve to adjust the temp at the moment,it just means it’s running the same as a normal 5 kw heater on full heat setting.
If you no longer have your modified 5kw heater what made you feel the need to modify the previous one?

Splash & dash

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2018, 08:21:49 pm »
For the above reason, I don`t use hot water. I had a chat with a PU hot water hose manufacturing chap. He said only a rubber hose would be able to handle hot water as PU hose we use will delaminate when the water reaches over 60 degrees. What he did say was that once it was exposed to hot it will deteriorate rapidly. He also said it would get soft and once cooled it would become increasingly hard and not flex as it should. Also, fittings would become unreliable and prone to cracking. All this is why I do not use hot water. Furthermore, he said using water over 30 degrees was putting you PU component under stress and would reduce the life of the parts. He also added that once the parts have been exposed to over 60 degrees the PU become irreversibly damaged and this damage was an instance. You would not even notice it has happened.
I always thought once it cooled down it quality would return to a good hose which he said "no its Fuceeed".
Armed with this information I decided to stop wasting money and stick with cold water. EG hot pressure water hoses.
P.s. only rubber hoses would handle but are heavy. The chaps installing hot water systems are leading us a merry dance as they only heat water and have not considered the total system.

It’s very easy to repeat what some I’ll informed person says the only true bit in your statement is that the microbore does go a bit harder when cold but Ime still using the same hose 3 years later talk to people who have and use these systems not some one who hasn’t got or run one , it’s like Chinese whispers 😂😂😂😂