This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Splash & dash

Re: hot water users......water temperature/brushes/microbore.
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2018, 08:57:02 pm »
i decided to test my water temperature again today.im gonna keep my heater on full whack from now on and stop faffing about with it!apparently these heaters work best on full power and continous running.

on full whack with 100m off the reel on freezing ground i was getting 27c at brush end which is fine for a cold day(ambient air temperature was 1c).with 50-60m off the reel it was 33c which again is fine.

obviously the temperature will be higher on a warmer day but then again the glass will be able to take the extra heat. ;)

That’s the way to do it the less fiddling the better , oviously you have to be sensible we run ours flat out winter time , turn it down or off at lunch time in the summer as you cannot touch the hose to reel it in as it’s that hot !!!!

Splash & dash

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2018, 09:02:13 pm »
I’m thinking if this is how hot the 9kw gets, id need to get the 5kw version.

Surely that would give 40 degrees at the brush head normally.

I doubt you would get 40 degrees from a 5 kw everyone I know who has had that model has said it’s not hot enough and then got rid of it and got the 9 kw very expensive way of doing it :

Splash & dash

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2018, 09:09:48 pm »
I have a 5kw watt and they are not rubbish if you speak to someone who knows about them they will tell you the 9kw version are more hassle.

I will rephrase  that last comment everyone I know who has bought the 5 kw has realised they made a very expensive mistake and then up graded to the 9kw model 5 kw is fine for blown air heating in a van but not powerful enough to heat water for windowcleaning in winter months unless you alter the by pass flow which then invalidates the warranty, most wfp installers now admit this unit isn’t really suitable ask Oliver from Grippatank, I had a very long discussion with him about all the options before I bought mine and had a play with friends 5 kw boilers they have now all upgraded to the 9 kw as it’s far more versatile unit and more suited to the way the wi Dow cleaning industry uses them , if you want really hot water the 12 kw one would be nice to have 😎😎😎😎😎

dazmond

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2018, 08:46:33 am »
i decided to test my water temperature again today.im gonna keep my heater on full whack from now on and stop faffing about with it!apparently these heaters work best on full power and continous running.

on full whack with 100m off the reel on freezing ground i was getting 27c at brush end which is fine for a cold day(ambient air temperature was 1c).with 50-60m off the reel it was 33c which again is fine.

obviously the temperature will be higher on a warmer day but then again the glass will be able to take the extra heat. ;)

That’s the way to do it the less fiddling the better , oviously you have to be sensible we run ours flat out winter time , turn it down or off at lunch time in the summer as you cannot touch the hose to reel it in as it’s that hot !!!!

i want 50-60c in summertime at brush end for the snail trails,bird dirt,sticky pollen,fly spots etc so i dont think ill be turning it off mate.i have quite a lot of 2 monthly jobs that are like first cleans in the summer months!
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2018, 12:15:18 pm »
I tweaked mine because I was informed the reason it wasn’t getting hot enough is because as you say it’s a 5 kw heater,I was still having trouble with it turning off and not getting hot constantly. I changed everything on it I got a new boiler and burner heat exchanger fuel pump basically replaced the lot,my main problem was battery power for it and also an old plate exchanger since having a mains hook up and a split B-B charger it now works lovley hot all day long. 60 odd degrees at the brush is lovley but it’s far to hot for window cleaning more suited to weatherboard cleaning. Even in summer if you use water that hot you’ll still stress the glass and on a cold day when the weather changes they can still all of a sudden go pop I e had it happen 

Jonny 87

« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2018, 01:09:30 pm »
I’m thinking if this is how hot the 9kw gets, id need to get the 5kw version.

Surely that would give 40 degrees at the brush head normally.

I doubt you would get 40 degrees from a 5 kw everyone I know who has had that model has said it’s not hot enough and then got rid of it and got the 9 kw very expensive way of doing it :

Thanks for the advice Reflections. :)
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

NWH

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2018, 03:54:49 pm »
You will get  40 degrees from a 5 kw mines been higher than that today,the 9 kw is for 2 users.

dazmond

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2018, 06:30:16 pm »
the ambient air temperature was higher today(5c) so i was getting 45c at brush end on some jobs with 25-30m of hose out.i had a filthy first clean to do which ive picked up off an old trad windy i know.he s never touched the frames in years!the customer was well happy! ;D

i am being more careful though and just used a damp cloth on any wooden single pane windows and avoided any windows with any signs of a crack(however small)! ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2018, 10:13:15 pm »
Seems like I’m gonna have to do a bit more research.

Spoke to a few guys who have the grippa 5kw and they say for a single operator it’s plenty.

Grippas website say 5kw is capable of a max 76 degrees!

In the winter time I would like it to be capable of turning down to between 20-30 degrees, which will still steam up the windows and be warm to the touch, keep any frost off etc, then In summer if I got 40 at the brush head I’d be happy.

The hunt goes on.  ;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

NWH

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2018, 11:11:06 pm »
😂 honestly it’s more than hot enough my water is to hot to hold your hand under it for more than a couple of seconds when it’s up to speed,I have a good flow of water when I’m working 70-75 on the flow controller if I turned it down and worked on a flow that most do trying to save water it would be even hotter. The 9 kw boiler is so you can have 2 users producing the same sort of temperatures a single 5kw user will get,I wouldn’t want the water any hotter than I’m now getting it would be cracking glass on a regular basis.

dazmond

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2018, 11:28:06 pm »
how come pure freedom have stopped selling their 5kw heaters?

i would of bought the 5kw heater if i thought it would of been hot enough.its quite a bit cheaper.

NWH

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2018, 11:39:51 pm »
Of course it’s cheaper Daz than the twin user 9 kw, with the twin user you need 2 of everything like I say it produces water easily hot enough to clean windows with any hotter than mine now is would be to hot. If you are only getting 20-30 degrees it doesn’t sound right m8 regardless of ambient temperatures and whatever hose your using,What are the batteries saying on the controller I’m pulling up and getting 13-8V when going from job to job and then it seems to stabilise at 12-6-8 this seems to playing a big part in the temp I’m getting.

NWH

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2018, 11:48:59 pm »
I recirculated the water the last couple of days on 20 on the controller within 10 minutes when I pulled up it was reading 72 degrees,when I turned up and started working it was so hot it was spitting out of the brush the time it takes or would take to get to 30 degrees I would have more than finished that particular job.

NWH

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2018, 11:50:15 pm »
When it drops below 20-25 degrees it should fire it back up to well over 40-50 degrees.

Jonny 87

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2018, 06:59:18 am »
how come pure freedom have stopped selling their 5kw heaters?

i would of bought the 5kw heater if i thought it would of been hot enough.its quite a bit cheaper.

I don’t think grippa would sell a 5kw with those stats on Their website if it wasn’t up the task surely?

I’ll email Oliver for some advice I think.

All the research seems to say 5kw for one user is fine. 2 users or more though, and obviously your going to need the 9kw to nearly double the capacity.

Plus the 5kw is more efficient on fuel which is nice.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2018, 07:40:44 am »
Yes speak to Oliver.  I know he recommended to  me the better one following feedback he had received.

Considering the money your paying anyway it would be silly to scrimp at the last hurdle to save a few hundred.

It's like buying a new car and picking the smaller engine model to save a small amount.  Only to find it struggles going up hill and puts more strain on the engine in normal use.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Jonny 87

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2018, 07:47:28 am »
Yes speak to Oliver.  I know he recommended to  me the better one following feedback he had received.

Considering the money your paying anyway it would be silly to scrimp at the last hurdle to save a few hundred.

It's like buying a new car and picking the smaller engine model to save a small amount.  Only to find it struggles going up hill and puts more strain on the engine in normal use.

I see what your saying, but from the experiences I’ve been hearing about online, the 5kw machine is more reliable, it uses less fuel, and for a one man operator like me in Scotland, the 9kw would actually be producing water so hot, that I wouldn’t want to touch cold glass with it, even on minimum.

It’s a doozie! lol.

It’s been sub zero temperatures for about a month now, no way would I want 40 degrees on glass this time of year, I clean a lot of large properties with huge panes of glass, and that kind of change in temperature can’t be Good, id be waiting for the pop.

dazmond

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2018, 08:22:17 am »
Of course it’s cheaper Daz than the twin user 9 kw, with the twin user you need 2 of everything like I say it produces water easily hot enough to clean windows with any hotter than mine now is would be to hot. If you are only getting 20-30 degrees it doesn’t sound right m8 regardless of ambient temperatures and whatever hose your using,What are the batteries saying on the controller I’m pulling up and getting 13-8V when going from job to job and then it seems to stabilise at 12-6-8 this seems to playing a big part in the temp I’m getting.

i was getting 27c at brush head with 100m of hose out on frosty ground on monday morning.33c with say 60m of hose out.ambient air temperature 0c.i wouldnt want it hotter than that nigel on a cold day.

as for the  batteries their brand new. i also have the smart split charge relay like you.it reads 13.9 with engine running and reads anywhere between 12.7/12.6/12.5/12.4. during the day with my heater running and engine off.

yesterday was warmer(5c)and no frosty ground and i generally i had less hose off the reel so i was getting 40-45c at brush head with heater on full power.im happy with that. :)

dazmond

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2018, 08:29:36 am »
ive got full UPVC/conny roof clean to do this afternoon so the hot water will help. :)

dazmond

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2018, 08:38:37 am »

I see what your saying, but from the experiences I’ve been hearing about online, the 5kw machine is more reliable, it uses less fuel, and for a one man operator like me in Scotland, the 9kw would actually be producing water so hot, that I wouldn’t want to touch cold glass with it, even on minimum.

It’s a doozie! lol.

It’s been sub zero temperatures for about a month now, no way would I want 40 degrees on glass this time of year, I clean a lot of large properties with huge panes of glass, and that kind of change in temperature can’t be Good, id be waiting for the pop.

if its sub zero you wont get 40 degrees at brush end with a load of hose out jonny.i was getting 27c with 100m out on frosty ground ( 0c ambient air temperature.)33c with around 50-60m out.

oliver said i would get 20-30 at brush head with lots of hose off the reel on a cold day.up to 60c in the summertime on a hot day.

remember nigel hasnt got a grippatank heater,we have.(his has been modified DIY style by himself)